“Frustrating and stressful”

Ranked #3 of 84 Nessebar B&B and Inns
Moscow, Russia
“Frustrating and stressful”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

- Noisy! We've got the noisiest room ever! I live in Moscow near the road and it's less noisy in there that it was in the hotel!

- rudeness everywhere. At the reception desk, room service, even children animators (
Some stories to illustrate:
1) I was in the baby club with my child, they didn't pay him any attention. He wanted to make a paper star as he saw one girl there had. I took paper and scissors. One of the animators saw that and took scissors from my hands and fetched the paper into the other corner so that I couldn't use it. She didn't tell me anything, no words, no smiles, no discussing or somewhat. Just disgusting.
2) When we arrived at the hotel (7 a.m) (our trip with a toddler 2.5 y.o. baby starting at 2 a.m.) we were told that check in time will be at 2 p.m. Ok, I explained that my baby needs some sleep and I ask them for some room just to have a nap. They promised to find the room and told us that 'it would be ready in 10 minutes". That longed for 2 hours - in 10 minutes, in 10 minutes, in 10 minutes. When I started to boil (because I couldn't in any way plan our time) they shouted at me that they are so good that are giving me the room before 2 p.m and I should shut up and be happy with every other inconvenience.
The hotel is children - oriented. I don't understand why the tourists with little children should wait for a check-in after a night trip.
Other moment - they said the breakfast was unavailable for us at the day of arrival. No sorry's, no proposals to pay separately for that (I didn't know this option was available).

3) Room service. There were no curtains in our room, we asked if it was possible to get them. We got them on the 3 day. They said they would bring them in evening, but came at the nap time of my baby and woke him up by ringing. When I opened the door and whispered that my baby's sleeping and please come later, they made such duck faces!!! Aaaagh.. No sorries, no worries that they could wake him up - nothing.

- I asked for the room without any noise from road or bars. I've got the room at the crossroads, my baby couldn't sleep till we moved to a 'lux' room.

- I asked for the internet, I needed it for work. I've got the room with the poorest internet in the whole hotel (4 enormous buildings by the way). I couldn't catch wi-fi and that was also the reason why I had to switch to 'lux' room.

- No information. If you need anything - you should only guess that they can provide it.
F.e. rooms without any kitchen appliances - they give after you ask. The curtains for the windows - you ask - they give. maybe. In other hotels they provide info where I can take beach towels (here they didn't give me cards till I asked on the 3d day), where I can take water, where shuttle buses stop (no shuttle bus here, you have to go to the neighboring hotel for that - 10-15 min walk)

- When we moved into 'lux' room, there was no linen on the 2 bad. I asked for that and was promised it in 15 minutes. After 20 minutes waiting I started to putting my baby to sleep. When he fell asleep, they called on the phone (11 p.m) When I switched off the phone, they came and started to ring the bell. They woke him up three times that day. The door bell can't be switched off.

- We payed for the internet in the 'lux' room and got it at last on the 4 day of our stay. We sat conveniently with tea and laptops and discovered that the mob phone of one of us has caught wi-fi and that's it. The only appliance can be on the internet. But that's not all. If the phone cought it first - you have to use internet only that way. No laptops. At night we had to go to the reception (7 minutes walk one way Aaaaghhhhh another building!) and buy another i-net connection.

- In the toilet there was a smell always, the appliances were broken

- The balcony wasn't safe for the baby

- The road to the sea is not really 200m, it's about 500 and it starts at the F-G building. If you live in another one, add 100-200-300 meters more. The road is not a pedestrian, when a car is riding, you have to leave it a space. I'd advice them to launch a shuttle-bus, I'm sure people would have used it.

- No water provided, you have to buy

It seems I can continue for a long time.
Let me remember any pros...

+ food seems to be ok. Sometimes some dishes are made from the yesterdays' meal... But all in all it's ok

+ many pools. But I prefer sea so that was of no use for me

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank petit_talonete

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Hebrew first
  • Slovak first
Sofia
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We (2 adults, 1 kid and 1 baby) have spent 1 week in Sunrise All Suites Resort and we liked it very much excluding some little issues.
It's close to the sea - 8-10 min. on foot from our room to the beach which is sandy, wide and clean, in one word - a great one! If you prefer a pool - there is a wide choice in the complex: 3 bigger, 1 smaller and 1 lake where you could swim also! Here is one of the issues - if you want a nice place - you should "book" the chair with a towel early in the morning (valid also for the beach). It makes me nervous but it's up to the culture of the guests and not to the hotel staff... I personally didn't like the architectural outlook of the complex also, so typical and without fantasy but it's my opinion.

Food is good. Regarding quality - OK, regarding variety - more than expected! Quite freindly and always smiling staff in the restaurant, it was impressive and made our meals much pleasant. Our son had a birthday and was surprised with a cake and sparkling wine for us!!!

Another one issue here: every night there is animation, first for the kids, then for the adults. The little ones have great fun, dancing, singing, smiling! I personally found the adults animation a bit too “aggressive”: extremely noisy and not that amusing. Moreover, there isn’t a “Bulgarian night” which is a shame because most of the guests are foreigners (Russians above all, also Germans, Romanians, Scandinavians, etc.) The problem is that the stage is in front of the restaurant and one can’t “escape” the animation in the evening. If you want a quiet dinner – forget it or go inside. But I should mention that the guys from the animation staff were really nice and did their best to amuse the guests!

Our standard 1 bedroom apt. was very spacious, with actually 3 rooms, a well-equipped kitchenette a bath with WC, a separate WC and a big terrace with sea view. Room was cleaned almost every day, and bed linen has been changed once every 3 days.

Well, keep in mind that this is a 3* star aparthotel and not a 5* star one. Also after reading some other comments, I'm telling this: if you want higher quality of food, rooms, beach near you, amenities, etc., pay twice more and go to Miramar for example!

I recommend the hotel to families with little kids. For others it could be a bit boring. But you could choose a day trip, rent a bike (the area is nice with hills so maybe it’s good for some mountain biking), go to Obzor (3 km away with plenty of shops and restautants)…
We would visit Sunrise again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank doodko
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 13 July 2013

You have to consider that there are 4 separate buildings, disposed in a row, close to the main road so if you stay in the farthest one (which is by the way, the no.1), you have to walk 800m to the beach, as we did. Eventually, we prefered to go by car. The building they show in the pictures is the 4th one and the best built and as I figured it up, it's reserved for their VIP's (western tourists I mean).
It’s a cheap all inclusive, the food is plenty, but too fat.
We had a one bedroom apart, in which it was impossible to sleep on the extendable sofas, which were in fact, one time extended, just two mattresses on the floor, 10cm high each. On the small tv set we had in the saloon, there were only 12 channels, all in Bulgarian and Russian language (even the Euronews), no Eurosport, or other channel similar.
As about the beach, you have to be early to find a sun bed, later it’s almost impossible, because of those uneducated people who reserve tem by putting their towels on it and nobody remove them.
In fact, I didn’t notice a real bay watch on duty on the beach, except 70 years old man dressed in red pretending to be one and staying under a parasol.
The animation team, took a day off on Sunday!!, while all over were shows for entertain their guests.
In one word, we were completely disappointed about our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Luciano_6410
Brasov, Brasov, Romania
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Great vacancy, we have all inclusive. Great apartment, wide living room with big refrigerator, 3 big water pools, 3 kids pools, one pool with spring water. Free confortables sunbeds. The sea is 200 m away - 3 minutes walking. Every evening was a show and discoteque for kids and the for adults.
Aqua gim was very fun, but the animator weren't so present.
If you want a quite and relaxing time Obzor is great.
The problem was that the food was to salty - even for people who eat salty. The beverage included were very watery. There weren't very well organized for autoservice.
Between 7 june and 14 june 2013 the water was cold, and also very cold were wasn't sun.

Room Tip: best to choose a room with sea view, the room with mountain is a lit a bit noisy because the resort...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Gt Sankey, Warringtonl, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Have just returned from back home from a great holiday, staying at Sunrise in Obzor. The hotel/apt is stunning, exceptionally clean with great friendly helpful staff. We stayed in a one bed apt which was reasonably well equipped and anything we didn't have was just a quick call to reception and the required item was brought up to us ( a toaster!).Tried the restaurant once, didn't particularly enjoy the experience, slow service and the buffet finished at 9pm but there are plenty of other places to eat in Obzor town centre. My only concern now is that next year I'm told it is going to be all inclusive... not a choice I would be personally happy with. Sunrise is a 5 minute walk from the glorious sandybeach . A great place to stay!

Room Tip: Go for the luxury block.... block C
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Sonia E
Valencia, Spain
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Having been at the resort many times over many years, we knew what we were in for - what we did not expect was the level of friendliness and the helpfulness of the staff - who really did go the extra mile to make our holiday experience positive,
We had a poor experience in the restaurant, which to be fair to the staff was our fault as much as theirs as we were a big group arriving very late - and the issues were resolved.
The hotel is a little way from the beach - sub 10 minutes - but in a funny kind of way that makes it feel like a long way away
A special mention to Silvia on reception - always cheery and helpful, even when under pressure, and the barman at the pool who knew exactly how to make an excellent cup of tea !

Room Tip: Although it is a little way from the beach, it is worth getting a sea view as the views are great
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BruceHunter
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Great hotel far from the maddening crowds. Only stayed one night before leaving Obzor wish we had booked this hotel at the beginning of our vacation, just beautiful quiet not crowded only 5-10 minute walk to the beach.
Very nice restaurant good food, art deco, pleasant staff, the perfect end to three weeks in Bulgaria.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the road a little too much local traffic noise.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank bergenmann
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nessebar
Sol Marina Palace
#3 of 35 in Nessebar
Sol Nessebar Palace
Sol Nessebar Palace
#1 of 35 in Nessebar

Been to Sunrise All Suites Resort? Share your experiences!