“Fantastic”

Sunrise All Suites Resort
Ranked #2 of 96 Nessebar B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We had a fantastic holiday in Bulgaria as a couple at this hotel and would certainly go back next year and take children, we paid for 2 adults £636 through teletext holidays (www.greendotholidays.com) which included private transfer and one large case all inclusive 22-29 September 2013. The food was lovely though a little cold this was end of September and with the doors to the restaurant open into the seating area the wind blew in, plenty of choice for everyone at every mealtime, and it was extremely clean with 2 cleaners at one at each end of the restaurant any mess or spillages cleaned immediately. The apartments were big and airy with a nice balcony, beds were comfy and cleaners came in each day to clean and change towels, apartments even had a full kitchen, dining table and washing machine which did surprise us as we thought it would be a basic hotel room. All the pools looked clean (though we didn’t try as far too cold) and surrounding area to the hotel grounds were litter free and well maintained; all staff was friendly and helpful even though not speaking much English. We were the only English couple staying there. There was a little shop with the basics in, and a money exchange place which paid a very good exchange. As it was the last week of the season there wasn’t any entertainment either daytime or evening but I would imagine in the height of season there would be plenty to do, and you wouldn’t even have to leave the hotel.

These apartments are off the beaten track a bit, but only a 5 minute walk to the beach, we walked along the beach into the little town which didn’t seem that far, when we arrived we wasn’t hassled by the locals to buy anything which makes a change. Decided to get a taxi back and was surprised how far we had actually walked.

We went on a couple of excursions only trouble was they didn’t speak English mainly Russian and German but we enjoyed them anyway, Botanic Gardens, Bulgarian pottery, Nessebar town, Fortress/ruins, which included lunch, but hotel will give packups if you go out for the day.

The weather was good reaching up to 26c windy and a little cloudy with 2 days of showers.

One of the main things we did notice was the price of things food, goods; drinks were very reasonable!

Room Tip: Ask for seaview
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Coupland1

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We planed a family holiday to only relax! And that's a thing we could do for sure!
The apartment have a lot of space, good rooms and balcony. Options to cook, and wash.
A bath with shower and 2 toilets.
Even though is was the end of the season, the animation team was still going! Which was great for the kids and eveningprogram.
The whole complex is clean, nice staff, few small stores for only little groceries.
Our travel agent was Sunweb, and at the reception were all sorts of information maps from different agencies. Which are quite helpfull.
The small village Obzor is a short walk (we did it several times with 2 small kids), and it's easy to rent a car or take a taxi. (E60,- a day incl. insurance, parking, fuel etc)
Varna is a beatiful city, the Sea Garden is really a nice place!
Nessebar is a bit touristic, but the old town buildings and view is mesmerizing!
The weather was good, colder in the evenings, but you can were shorts and T's on the day.
We had a blast!

Room Tip: We had an landsight room, maybe it's worth the little extra money to choose a seasight room! Th...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Natascha P
Reviewed 11 September 2013

It is a big complex,five minutes walk from the sea,which is not a big problem,but the is nothing but a fuild that surrounds the complex and somehow you feel like you somewhere in the bush, but not at the sea side. The vacation was boring, nothing to do, nothing to see,o proper animation.the apartments were very big and spacious,we were in two bedroom exclusive apartment and it was OK. I was afraid that there will be noise,but no such thing. The restorant and the food were very good. There are several swimingpools and enough sunbeds.the beach was also nice. There was no matres,cusion and blanket for my little baby. Yes they gave us, baby bed, but that is all, instead of a matres there was blanket, and adult cusion and blanket.

2  Thank Roumyana
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Nice location, quite close to the beach and large suites. However, totally unprepared for all inclusive services.
In room furniture and linen of lowest quality. Food and beverage products and services of very low quality and staff which is not interacting with the guests at all.
Pools are Ok, but that's about all.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Dan V
Reviewed 28 August 2013

First of all let me say big THANK YOU! to the entire personnel of Sunrise All Suites resort! In our case we have experienced not only good service but also sincerely friendly service!

The apartment was ok (de lux was perhaps a bit misleading). The lack of cutlery was a bit of a surprise – does every tourist buy his own wine opener etc.!? The size of the TV shows that the owners were very economical ☺ in their investments. Internet (the paid one) was not really working in our apartment.

The food was also very good and even if one may easily see cost cutting techniques, we spend 2 weeks always finding something new and tasty to eat.

The biggest disappointment came with the distance to the beach. The hotel claims to be 200m from the beach. What they (not very ethically) will not share is that actually there are 4 sizeable buildings and 200m is the distance from the closest one. From the furthest (where we were accommodated) the distance is approx. 1km or 12 minutes normal pedestrian walk. If you add two small kids, baby trolley and all the beach accessories the trip gets between 15 and 20 minutes one way. If you don’t plan to stay all day at the beach, we talk of 4 times 15 minutes under the sun (no trees on the way). For us this economical or manipulative (make your choice) way of describing the distance to the beach was big frustration! In the same line the address in tripadvisor "Nessebar" can be considered also marketing trick. The hotel is outside the village of Obzor - some 45 minutes drive from Nessebar.

Few areas for improvement:
- the so called “juices” are actually some dubious triumphs of the chemical industry. Their appearance spoils the impression of otherwise very good breakfasts.
- like many other hotels Sunrise makes the surprising choice to cut costs the coffee! For many of us substandard coffee is not the best way to start your day
- alcohol is in the “all inclusive” system with some irritating cost cutting tricks. For instance “rakia” (Bulgarian grape based strong alcohol) “Aheloy” is included but as quality it is a disgrace (a fact known by all the bartenders) that it should be abandoned all together.
- the animation team was friendly and nice (taking care of kids) during the day. The evening programs were however incredibly dull and amateurish. The enthusiasm and the charm of the animators was not able to compensate for the lack of creative ideas and professionalism. It probably also has to deal with costs: more "external" entertainers will add some life to the evenings.

Finally it may be useful for future visitors to know that the beach in Obzor has several small (but still) disadvantages:
- the sand grains are bigger (compared to the south from Burgas)
- the see gets deep quite quickly (not the best option if you have some small kids)

Room Tip: Stay in building 1 where the reception is (the closest to the sea) Ask for a room with sea view (th...
4  Thank PeterZashev
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I was in that hotel in August and it was a great holiday. The animation team was one of the best. They were very polite and my child had a great time in the club for children. I would defenetly come back to see them!

1  Thank Artopl P
Reviewed 14 August 2013

- Noisy! We've got the noisiest room ever! I live in Moscow near the road and it's less noisy in there that it was in the hotel!

- rudeness everywhere. At the reception desk, room service, even children animators (
Some stories to illustrate:
1) I was in the baby club with my child, they didn't pay him any attention. He wanted to make a paper star as he saw one girl there had. I took paper and scissors. One of the animators saw that and took scissors from my hands and fetched the paper into the other corner so that I couldn't use it. She didn't tell me anything, no words, no smiles, no discussing or somewhat. Just disgusting.
2) When we arrived at the hotel (7 a.m) (our trip with a toddler 2.5 y.o. baby starting at 2 a.m.) we were told that check in time will be at 2 p.m. Ok, I explained that my baby needs some sleep and I ask them for some room just to have a nap. They promised to find the room and told us that 'it would be ready in 10 minutes". That longed for 2 hours - in 10 minutes, in 10 minutes, in 10 minutes. When I started to boil (because I couldn't in any way plan our time) they shouted at me that they are so good that are giving me the room before 2 p.m and I should shut up and be happy with every other inconvenience.
The hotel is children - oriented. I don't understand why the tourists with little children should wait for a check-in after a night trip.
Other moment - they said the breakfast was unavailable for us at the day of arrival. No sorry's, no proposals to pay separately for that (I didn't know this option was available).

3) Room service. There were no curtains in our room, we asked if it was possible to get them. We got them on the 3 day. They said they would bring them in evening, but came at the nap time of my baby and woke him up by ringing. When I opened the door and whispered that my baby's sleeping and please come later, they made such duck faces!!! Aaaagh.. No sorries, no worries that they could wake him up - nothing.

- I asked for the room without any noise from road or bars. I've got the room at the crossroads, my baby couldn't sleep till we moved to a 'lux' room.

- I asked for the internet, I needed it for work. I've got the room with the poorest internet in the whole hotel (4 enormous buildings by the way). I couldn't catch wi-fi and that was also the reason why I had to switch to 'lux' room.

- No information. If you need anything - you should only guess that they can provide it.
F.e. rooms without any kitchen appliances - they give after you ask. The curtains for the windows - you ask - they give. maybe. In other hotels they provide info where I can take beach towels (here they didn't give me cards till I asked on the 3d day), where I can take water, where shuttle buses stop (no shuttle bus here, you have to go to the neighboring hotel for that - 10-15 min walk)

- When we moved into 'lux' room, there was no linen on the 2 bad. I asked for that and was promised it in 15 minutes. After 20 minutes waiting I started to putting my baby to sleep. When he fell asleep, they called on the phone (11 p.m) When I switched off the phone, they came and started to ring the bell. They woke him up three times that day. The door bell can't be switched off.

- We payed for the internet in the 'lux' room and got it at last on the 4 day of our stay. We sat conveniently with tea and laptops and discovered that the mob phone of one of us has caught wi-fi and that's it. The only appliance can be on the internet. But that's not all. If the phone cought it first - you have to use internet only that way. No laptops. At night we had to go to the reception (7 minutes walk one way Aaaaghhhhh another building!) and buy another i-net connection.

- In the toilet there was a smell always, the appliances were broken

- The balcony wasn't safe for the baby

- The road to the sea is not really 200m, it's about 500 and it starts at the F-G building. If you live in another one, add 100-200-300 meters more. The road is not a pedestrian, when a car is riding, you have to leave it a space. I'd advice them to launch a shuttle-bus, I'm sure people would have used it.

- No water provided, you have to buy

It seems I can continue for a long time.
Let me remember any pros...

+ food seems to be ok. Sometimes some dishes are made from the yesterdays' meal... But all in all it's ok

+ many pools. But I prefer sea so that was of no use for me

3  Thank petit_talonete
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nessebar
Obzor Beach Resort
#2 of 35 in Nessebar
Festa Pomorie Resort
Festa Pomorie Resort
#7 of 13 in Pomorie

Been to Sunrise All Suites Resort? Share your experiences!