“Don't go there!”
Review of Victoria Hotel

Victoria Hotel
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Nessebar
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Arrived at Hotel Victoria Nessebar 19 June 11. Room was fine, Went down to breakfast to find plate consisting of 2 tiny slices of salami,2 small razorblade cut pieces of cheese,thin slices of cucumber,tomato, honey. You could then toast 2 small slces of bread that tasted of cardboard .Evening meal 2 grilled to death mackeral fillets,2 slices of dry bread plus an orange. Complained to tour rep who was wonderful, she went to see cook who stated as we were only guests half board they hadn't bothered to get food from supplier.After this we had to order from a very limited menu each morning for evening meal ie salad starter, fish ,meat or omelette plus dry bread (you could have fries if you paid extra) dessert was cake, icecream full of ice or pancake.

The hotel bar opposite side of the road was a rip off joint! prices different every round, no receipt given. Was in Bulgaria in early ninties far better then now all about money

Good places to eat Hotel Maverick Sunny Beach brilliant breakfasts good prices, staff really friendly. Only 1 Lev on bus from Nessebar harbour.

If you want a great evening meal go to the Aquamarin Nessebar Great steaks,fish chicken cooked while you wait prices and service unbelievably good !

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank blondyEngland

Reviewed 2 November 2010

We stayed in a two bed apartment September 2010. The rooms were filthy, sheets didn't fit beds, toilet didn't flush & leaked water all the time - even after it was supposedly fixed!! We just hoped it was clean water!!
We gave up complaining as nothing ever improved.
These apartments were decrepid - in need of a complete refurbishment.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank gedmagkath
Reviewed 30 September 2010

We arrived at The Victoria Hotel after being told by Balkan Holidays that our planned hotel had closed early for the season. We were given a delightful large room on the 2nd floor with panoramic views of the bay and harbour. The hotel was well maintained and the room cleaned every day. The owners and staff were so friendly and made us feel welcome and wanted. The breakfast was what you would expect in a Bulgarian village - fruit, plenty of local breads and preserves as well as cheeses and sausages. This area is at the top of the old town and restaurants and bars are easily accessible and very low-priced compared to UK standards. As a second choice we considered that we had made a lucky decision with this hotel and had a thoroughly enjoyable time there.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Peter G
Reviewed 28 July 2010

I arrived in the early hours of the morning. The hotel was locked up and my driver had to bang loudly before a sleepy woman arrived at the door. They left me standing whilst they spoke in Bulgarian. I was then beckoned by the receptionist who said I need your passport and told me I was on floor 2 . There was no lift but a spiral staircase with nobody to help with my luggage. On entering the dinning room in the morning, I was told this is for you. It was a square plate with a boiled egg, 3 slices of salami, 3 slices of white cheese, 3 of yellow cheese, 3 slices of tomato and 3 slices of cucumber. There were a few slices of bread and a few teabags. The following days consisted a few plates containing what looked to be leftovers ready for the bin, cucumber, tomato, cheese, cucumber and a few olives.
the wooden fencing around my balcony had rotted and had I lent on it would have gone crashing over the side.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Holidaygirl53
Reviewed 13 September 2009

My mother, husband and I got back from a 2 week holiday in the Victoria only yesterday 12th September and I have just finished reading some of the reviews. I noticed a lot of changes must have been made since the reviews in 2008. We had a lovely stay there and found the staff to be very friendly both in the hotel and in the little bar & restaurant across the road, although one of the staff in the bar had more than a little liking for the drink. We found the room to be clean and the bedding changed at regular intervals, although I have to agree with one of the earlier comments regarding the size of the balcony which was only approx. 9-10 inches wide. Although my mother did get a balcony, there was only views of roofs and another building in very close proximity, however, since we were out most of the time, she did not use the balcony much anyway. It was a little noisier than we thought as we did not realise that we would be situated right next to the road, but this was really the only drawback. On the whole this was a good holiday and I would recommend the hotel, but not for someone with walking difficulties as it is situated near the top of the Old Town and my mother did experience some problems walking up and down the streets every day This was our 1st time at this hotel but our 4th in Bulgaria and hope to go back again, but if my mother does want to come with us, it will unfortunately have to be elsewhere, perhaps in the New town on the flat.

• Stayed: September 2009
2  Thank BadgerAberdeen
Reviewed 5 June 2009

Add room 14 to the list of bad rooms. Great view, but the balcony was about 10 inches wide. Extremely noisy road inches away, & the noise from a disco from sunny beach (honestly from all that distance away ) was vibrating the windows until 5:30 am. i actually tried to swap to the dreaded room 15, ( at the back of the hotel but with balcony), but to no avail. Plus the usual moans & groans....no clean linen/towels for the 11 night duration....crap breakfast........Don`t go here.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lizardking1p
Reviewed 26 November 2008

Having travelled far and wide we thought the description and location of this hotel sounded lovely.
On our late night arrival we were given our room key....yes, to the dreaded room 25 (see other reviews), so we new straight away this was a crampt room on the back of the hotel and not a room with sea views as sold to us by Balkan holidays brochure!
The room was as described by other trip advisor entries, crampt with no view and very dirty. We asked for a room change and were told the hotel was full and we would have to speak to the manager in the morning.
After quite a bit of negotiation we were told a room on the front with sea views would be available by 2pm.
We changed rooms to find a lovely room with fantastic sea views, but, unfortunately this room was filthy. It had not been cleaned from the previous occupants, the ash tray was full, the towels dirty the floor filthy etc etc.
We were told by reception that they had a problem with the house keeper., and that she would be up again to clean.... without boring you, in the week we stayed at this hotel we had to complain to the reception, manager and balkan rep on numerous occassions and quite frankly it made no difference at all to this well located but dirty hotel.
Please visit Old Nessebar, the old church ruins and buildings are lovely, the small pebble beaches lovely and meals were generally fine, but be carefull with the main street restuarants as they know a tourist and you do get treated like one !
I was told by a restuarant owner that they all hate the tourist tatt that is sold on the stalls on the main street and that as from 2009 these stalls will no longer be there which I think will please both tourists and locals alike.
I do advise that you do not book this hotel as no one wants to spend a weeks holiday complaining !
Ps Balkans post holiday reply to my letter sent with a copy of the in resort reps comments ..........RUBBISH ! Useless after sales approach to their customers.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple