“Good hotel, but NO WAY 5 STARS!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Sol Nessebar Palace
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Nessebar
Bucharest, Romania
“Good hotel, but NO WAY 5 STARS!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I arrived on 26th of may and i spent with my friend a week. Check in was quick and efficient, friendly reception staff, our bags WERE NOT taken up to our room for us ... We had room 418, spacious with both bath and separate shower, a large balcony overlooking the pool area, delicious and varied food and drinks, Breakfast from 7am-10am, Lunch 12pm-2.30pm and Dinner 6pm-9pm, The maid came in daily to clean the room, change the towels, The animation team was great! Entertainment was specialon every evening: it was Karaoke, was juke-box, in other evening was a magician from Canada, a lot of games for kids, What i disliked most was that THERE WAS NO MUSIC by the pool. Went to nassebar town by bus and this was an easy trip, 1 leva 1 way ticket, The beach was within walking distance, The peninsula Nessebar, the under Unesco protection is, is within walking distance in half an hour or in five minutes with the taxi, the entertainers were very nice and friendly. Good evening shows. It was a great hotel with indoor swimming pool, wellness, children's entertainment, a lot of pools and so on really a great vacation, only the weather could have been a little better to be, but otherwise really recommendable...

Room Tip: High room sea view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Janina_SNR, Quality Manager at Sol Nessebar Palace, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Ana M,

Thank you for your time spent on reviewing Sol Nessebr Palace on tripadvisor.
We are glad you had a “really great vacation” with us, that you liked the efficiency and friendliness of the reception staff, the room in the 4th floor with the large balcony, the food and the drinks and the animation, too.

Thank you for recommending us.

Best wishes,

Quality Manager at Sol Nessebar Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
grimsby/cleethorpes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

We arrived on 17th May to smiling, friendly reception staff who were extremely helpful...not unusual but during the entire two week stay we found not only the reception but the entire staff from cleaners to managers to be the same though none seemed to be the false "Have a nice day" brand if you see what I mean.
We had room 446 which was spacious and immaculately clean with both a bath and separate shower which was brilliant as I love to shower and my husband loves to use the bath so we were both happy. Loads of wardrobe and cupboard space and the tv has a couple of English speaking channels, a balcony overlooking the pool area with a beautiful sea view with perhaps the only negative being that when we sat at the table we were unable to see as there is a large slab of concrete attached to it as part of the décor, I must admit to being very jealous of the rooms with clear balcony's and I suppose we could have asked for a change of room but we didn't bother so really it wasn't that much of an issue looking back.
Yes the food is not as hot as we are used to but it is on the whole well cooked and varied and the microwave is there for all to use, it's well presented and plentiful.
Two weeks well spent and a suntan to show for it what else could you ask for!

Room Tip: If you like to sit on the balcony to enjoy the view ask for one without the concrete.
2 Thank bugsbid
Dear Bugsbid,

Thank you for your choice, as well as for the time you took to publish your review in Tripadvisor. We are glad you appreciate the efforts of our team to create the conditions for you to spend two nice weeks at Sol Nessebar Palace!

We are waiting for your next visit, and wish you all the best in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Yours Janina Ninova,
Nessebar
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

If u go to this hotel. Expect no evening entertainment. We just got back. Weather beautiful. Hotel lovely. But drinks were terrible. Entertainment was even worse. None. None by pool. And if u want to hear the same cd played 24 7. With no choice of music. U may enjoy. Beach was dirty and dead. Closed. A bus to the beach is 10 minutes. And latest bus back to hotel is 9pm. So unless you are in your 50 60 s. Don't stay here. It's for older people. As taxi is 20 lev and we was bored in the evenings . So expense was used going out . And we bought decent drinks. It was my partners 40th birthday out there and i asked for complimentary drinks and a little something special to add to his day. They left him a tiny box of chocolates. Which i thought was very poor, considering.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

1 Thank Tracy T
Dear Tracy T,

I am Janina Ninova, the quality manager at Sol Nessebar Resort. I would like to express our sadness we could not meet your expectations about the drinks and the entertainment in our hotel.
Having guests of different ages the animation team does their best to combine all wishes and offers a quite good variety of sports, karaoke, quiz, magic shows etc., as well as plenty of game choices for children and adults. We admit, in high season even more entertainment will be happening in the resort, with a bit more orientation for young people, which is hopefully a good reason for you to visit us again in July or August.
I will then personally assist you in choosing the best drinks suitable for you from our AI choices, and then, if you still wish, I will show you a short way to reach Sunny beach within 15 minutes on feet.

Best regards,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

We liked our holiday in Sol Nessebar Palace last Year so much that we came again this May for a week (24-th -- 31-st of May). This time we were with our daughter and a 13 year old grandson. Previous two years we were in Helena Park Hotel in Sunny Beach, which was good but not as good as in Sol Palace. Food is very good, very nice atmosphere ---everybody doing their job properly without pressure from the boss. There is a lot of space to relax in the hotel and very comfortable.The weather was really good, up to 30 degrees -- we don't like when it is too hot and we are all well tanned now, We had our Spa pedicures too, but this year there was a different young girl and the job on my husband's feet was not good(started to cut toenails and left unfinished), I cut it for him myself when I noticed in our hotel room. May be it was because she tried to finish her work by 8 0'clock. We paid 240 levs and 10 levs a tip, so it was not worth it for the service. But a manager of Spa was very nice and gave us nice wine to try at the beginning. My husband wanted to buy some bottles of his wine but probably --next year. We decided to come to this hotel again next year or may be even at the beginning of September because the weather should be still good . The only thing that upset me very much is that when we received my suitcase back in Manchester,the lock on my suitcase was broken and when I checked my jewellery -- my new golden chain which my husband bought in the hotel in the jewellery shop --- has gone!!! I am usually very carefull but this time I left my jewellery in the bag in the suitcase. Only chain is missing. I know I should put it in my hand luggage,but never thought that at the Burgas airport they check not only for bombs in the cases! I've learned my lesson now...

Room Tip: We had a big room with a huge balcony on the 8-th floor, because of a beautiful sea view and less no...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Janina_SNR, Quality Manager at Sol Nessebar Palace, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Brad m,

Thank you very much for both – choosing Sol Nessebar Palace the second time and for your review “Great holidays of the year”.

It will be our pleasure to have you and your family as guests again in September! As you see, we took your intentions as a promise. 

Many greetings from all of us and see you soon,

Quality Manager
Sol Nessebar Resort
Cornwall UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

What can I say, from the moment we set foot in this hotel everything was spot on. The hotel interior and grounds are simply lovely with a huge swimming pool and park area for the kids.
As we checked in our bags were taken up to our room for us, The porter met us at the room showed us how to program the electronic safe then when we were happy, left us to it. The safe cost 35 lev (approx £15) for the week, which is less than most places we've stayed.
The room is large and modern, very clean and comfortable with two large single beds pushed together. Even the duvets were nice and thin but still plenty warm enough if the night got a little nippy.
The bathroom was very large with both a separate shower cubicle and bath tub, along with the usual wash basin and toilet. The toilet also happened to have a telephone right next to it, should you wish to make use of some otherwise wasted time.
There was plenty of wardrobe and storage space in the room, but you may want to take a few extra hangers if you travel fairly heavily as there were only about 10 in total.
Another feature which is often missing from all inclusive hotels was a fridge/mini bar in the room, which we just used to keep our water cold in, but there was a drinks price list on top too, which looked pretty reasonable.
The Balcony was reasonably sized and the huge window gave us a wonderful sea view across the bay, which proved extremely useful for watching the lightning storms that hit on a few evenings.
There was also a new lcd TV in the room which was a good size, maybe a 28 or 32", although we only turned it on once just to try it out the picture was perfectly crisp.
The maid came in daily to clean the room, change the towels and leave us some funky towel swan sculptures on the bed.

For anyone like myself who enjoys eating, the food is probably one of the most important aspects of your stay. I'm not one for fancy food, but I am a big fan of good local cuisine. For me this is where the hotel excelled itself. Every morning, noon and night saw a huge variety of tasty new dishes to try. Lots of new to me local dishes along with the usual child friendly staples, such as sausages, chips, pizzas, fresh veg etc...
The food was plentiful and regularly replenished and each meal rarely saw me sampling less than 5 or 6 new dishes along with additional side dishes and desserts. Along with this the restaurant staff were unbelievably efficient, no sooner than a plate was empty it was gone, ready to make way for my next.
The dining times as far as I can remember were Breakfast from 7am-10am, Lunch 12pm-2.30pm and Dinner 6pm-9pm, with a no beach wear dress code in force for dinner.
The choice of seating was also impressive, with plenty of tables for various size parties both indoors and out.
Along with the meals, the pool side bar was open throughout the day with an endless buffet of salads, sandwiches, pizza, fish, chips, pastries, cakes and my personal favorite ice cream, for which they had a lovely forest fruit sauce that made my tub of vanilla taste just like a screwball.

The nice little private beach is just a short walk at the bottom of the hotel grounds, however the steps down to it are pretty steep and may not be suitable for anyone with walking difficulties.

The location of this hotel is also fantastic. There are regular taxis available to take you anywhere you want to go from the front of the hotel, a sea taxi to Nessebar Old Town from the end of the beach (which cost us approx £5pp each way), the Old town is only about a 30min stroll if you turn right out of the hotel and follow the main road all the way down, but best of all there are bus stops just a little way from the hotel entrance to take you either way at at ridiculously low prices (just a couple of lev to sunny beach bus station, from where you can get a bus almost anywhere). We took buses to both Burgas and Varna for less the £6 each, although be careful to check your return times carefully from Varna as we very nearly ended up stranded there. You can ask at reception for timetables.

All in all this holiday was a fantastic experience from start to finish and the hotel and it's staff were an instrumental part in that. If you're looking for a nice family oriented holiday with good food, friendly staff and relaxing evenings, then this hotel is definitely worth a look. If you're looking for a lively resort with a lot of nightlife, better head off to the 18-30 mecca of sunny beach just down the coast.

Feel free to give me a shout if you've got any questions and If you do end up staying here I hope your stay is as good as ours was :O)

Room Tip: We stayed in a sea view double on the 5th floor for which the view was well worth the extra few poun...
5 Thank Stickman-Si
Janina_SNR, Quality Manager at Sol Nessebar Palace, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Stickman-Si,

Thank you for taking time for sharing your holiday experiences on Tripadvisor.
You make us all feel happy - our efforts to give you the best service we are capable to, are not invane!

Thank you also for the additional information you provide for our future clients.

For your next visit we would like to let you know - we have planned 14 hangers in the wardrobe + the cambermades have plenty of funky towel sculptures in their repertoir, besides the swan :) + to enjoy another vanilla ice cream with forest fruit sauce.

Many thanks from the chef - she and her staff of young professionals are pleased to hear your appreciation about the variety of the dishes in the restaurant and at the snack bar.

Considering all, we are waiting for you to come back soon, for another "fantastic experience from start to finish"!

Best wishes,

Janina Ninova
Cranfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Had been to Bulgaria many years ago and decided to return this year for a good week holiday. Check in was quick and efficient. I had requested a ground floor room ( a request on a booking can just be overlooked!) At reception they reminded me of the request and informed me I had a ground floor. I do appreciate that the view from room would have been better high up but that doesn't phase me.

All staff were extremely pleasant, we were greeted every time we went for our food. The food choices were many, I really can't stress that enough. I don't eat salad mixes or fish but that did not limit my choices.

The room wax plenty big enough for the 3 adults we were. Bath and shower in the bathroom. Toiletries were in a dispensing pot. Hair dyer was ok. Enough sockets to be able it charge things at the same time. Room cleaned every day and promptly at that.

During the day/night many areas to sit and relax and generally enjoy a drink. Entertainment was on every evening but didn't feel the need to go.

Went to the spa section whilst there. Had feet done in the fish spa 20lv and nail manicure 35lv. My nails took a bit longer as still has some residue on nails from previous set of acrylics but there were no complaints.

Went to nassebar town by bus and this was an easy trip.

Room Tip: If you get taxi to town ensure you have agreed price so that there can be no disputes. You can spen...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank duffe1973
Dear Duffe1973,

Thank you for visiting Sol Nessebar Palace and for your review “Perfection in a nutshell”. You make the whole team of our hotel feel happy you have enjoyed our service, the food, as well as our facilities. You motivate us to keep on giving the best we are capable of for our guests.

Hoping to see you at our hotel again we wish you all the best!

Warm greetings,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

this holidays was one of the best. the hotel was always clean and your bedroom will be cleaned everyday. the food was absalutly amazing and the staff was fantastic. the only bad thing i woould say is that the swimming pool has no heater so for the little ones it might be to cold like me i had to just get in and swim about to keep myself warm but part from that it was amazing.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Osykknh,

Thank you for choosing Sol Nessebar Palace for your holiday, as well as for your feedback “good for everyone”.
Your words “this holidays was one of the best”, “the food was absalutly amazing and the staff was fantastic” just made our day, thank you again.
For you next visit of our resort, which we hope you are planning, I would like to recommend you one of the three indoor pools, as they are heated at the beginning and in the end of the season.

Waiting to welcome you in our hotel soon again,

Kind regards,

Quality Manager
Sol Nessebar Resort
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nessebar
Sol Marina Palace
#3 of 36 in Nessebar
Sol Nessebar Mare
Sol Nessebar Mare
#4 of 36 in Nessebar

Been to Sol Nessebar Palace? Share your experiences!