“Lovely hotel”

Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Nessebar
Newport, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed here 21st Sept to 28th Sept 2013. The hotel was very well presented and v. clean. When we arrived at 00.30am, they offerd us a sandwich and drink and opened up the dining room. Our room was spacious very clean and well looked after during our stay. Our beds were extremely hard, like sleeping on the floor, but that is just my opinion. The room with a balcony looked over the Sol Nessebar palace hotel's pool and views way beyond, so a great position. The reception staff always smiled, but the rest of the staff was not that friendly. We were all inclusive, the food was good, but very repetitive by the end of the week. You are able to use the 3 hotels facilities because it is called a resort, but not the food and drink. Old Nessebar was the best it took from the hotel 35 min walk down and 35 mins back or on the bus for 1 Lev each way. All in all we had a good week, weather great. New Nessebar was alright, Bourgas is an hour's local bus ride and costs 6 Lev each way, worth going if you want to see every day living. Beer was from 1 Lev to 2.50 Lev and you have to pay to use public toilets cost 1 Lev, so we would have a drink for 1 Lev, people watch and then use the toilet for free.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 517 and had a great view from the balcony.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tirana, Albania
Reviewed 30 September 2013

it was a good stay for the two days i had been there, the room was big and the balcony too great view, but the swing pool was small for the capacity of the hotel, the furniture is old and not in good conditions, the minibar is competently empty shame for a 4 star hotel neither water was in it. the bath room is ok as space but not in such good conditions. Average quality in everything the hotel had to offer.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
norwich
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Hotel very nice and very clean, thats where it stops being nice. The food was never hot always luke warm or cold. You never really new what you were eating if it was meat. You could arrive bang on time when the restaurant opened and it still would be only luke warm. One or two of the staff were very pleasant and had a smile but most of them were so miserable. I have never been anywhere and the staff were that miserable. The restaurant manager was the worst one, I never saw him smile once.
If anyone ever decides to go there, remember there are 3 hotels on the complex and whichever one you get booked into that is the one you have to use for eating and drinking, you will not be allowed to get them from the other hotels. We actually did go into the 5 star hotel to get a drink and got one but we had been told we could by the travel agent. When we tried a second time we were told you can have a drink out side but not inside. Talk about being treated like second class citizens, I was furious and asked to see the manager, as I said to him if this is their policy fair enough but not to treat people like this.
We went for 2 weeks on 15th September - 29th September, on the 27th they started clearing away the sunbeds and umbrella's, talk about "you can go home now". Went to Bulgaria 5 years ago and had a lovely time and lovely hotel within the last five years it has changed greatly. Shall definately not be going back. I must just say thankyou to Gorgi, always had a smile, the only one.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Please don't be put off by the reviews - we were feeling a little uneasy having booked it (all inclusive) after reading some pretty derogatory reviews, however it feels like we stayed in a totally different hotel to the one some of the reviewers stayed it - everything about it was fantastic. A lot of the reviews mention the bad food and we were expecting to be very much underwhelmed but we found to food to be absolutely fantastic. There are 4 large carts offered at every meal, with about 10 different items on each. Breakfasts offer absolutely everything you could imagine to eat for breakfast - eggs done a number of different ways, lots of different fruits, yoghurts, jams, honeys, sausages, bacon, cheese, tomatoes. toast, pates, croissants, breads, potato products - literally everything you could imagine and everything was delicious. Lunch and dinner is of a similar standard with plenty of choice - different flavour pizzas every day, chips, stuffed vine leaves, pasta dishes, salads, fish dishes, meat casseroles and shell fish. I loved the olive paste so much that as soon as I returned I found a recipe and made it myself at home.

The room was lovely and big, very well maintained and with floor to ceiling windows with a balcony. On the balcony was two patio chairs, a patio table and a clothes dryer which is great if you plan to spend a lot of time in the pool or the sea. The bathroom was nice, with a hairdryer and a very good shower. Also in your room are plenty of places to store your clothes in drawers and a wardrobe. The bedside tables have plug sockets right next to them - a big plus for me. Our room overlooked the Palace to the front, the Black Sea to the left and the mountains to the right - we really couldn't have asked for a better view and spent a lot of time just watching the world go by from the balcony.

We found all the staff to be friendly and helpful. They work very hard, with very long hours. You see the cleaners all day, every day ensuring the hotel is maintained to a very high standard and their work is very thorough. The kitchen staff are cheerful and friendly, as are the bar staff and the reception staff really do all they can to please. They offered great information on travel to nearby cities when we asked, as well as telling us what bus to catch and where from. The animation staff are very friendly and peppy - they pop over and talk to you every now and again and they were really lovely.

The grounds of the hotel are really beautiful, with trees lit up at night, overlooking the black sea. There is a lovely atmosphere and gorgeous surroundings. There are a number of shops across the three hotels (you can use facilities for the other hotels, but you have to get your food and drinks from your own hotel. This really wasn't a problem for us though, especially as when the entertainment is on at the Palace hotel, you can use the bar in the Palace to save you a trip). There are 6 pools in total - 3 outdoor and 3 indoor, a spa, and at least 2 bars per hotel. The beach by the hotel is lovely, there are paid for (where you can hire sun loungers) and free areas of the beach where you can just lay out a towel if you choose at no charge. It is very pretty and the sea is lovely and clear - not really a feature of the hotel but worth mentioning anyway!

Overall, we had a fantastic holiday and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lilyrulestheworld
Janina_SNP, quality manager at Sol Nessebar Bay, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Dear Lilyrulestheworld,
I am Janina Ninova, the quality manager at Sol Nessebar Resort. Thank you for being our guest and for writing such a detailed and lovely feedback about Sol Nessebar Bay! Our staff is working hard and we are all trying to do our best in our every day work, so we are glad to hear that everything in our resort fulfilled your expectations. Let me express on behalf of the team of Sol Nessebar Bay our sincere thank you for all your good words.
Thank you for choosing us and it will be our pleasure to welcome you again at Sol Nessebar Resort next summer.
Janina Ninova
Quality Manager Sol Nessebar Resort
teeside
Reviewed 21 September 2013

arrived back on the 6th.september 2013 after a lovely 11days room was lovely we were on the 6th floor overlooking the sea and pool,the hotel is lovely and clean , cleaners never stop. room cleaned every day and clean towels every day,food was ok always something too eat but was not very hot ,snack bar was very good.and all inclusive drinks were good they had a good choice ,wht and dark rum baileys,vodka, whisky,brandy,malibu,all Bulgarian but was very good.entertainment was excellent every night kiddies disco first then adults showtime.we could get the bus outside hotel (about 50yds) to nesseber and sunny beach cost 1lev both are nice but nesseber very quaint.the only problem we had was that there was a family next door but one who had 2 dogs kept in a cage on the balcony and they whined a lot I felt sorry for the dogs, I could not believe that a 4star hotel would allow dogs in the rooms, so because of this I don't think we will visit this hotel again the family only stayed 4nights if they had stayed any longer I would have asked too be moved.but beside all of that we had a great 11days.oh yes I forgot to mention when we arrived was 11.30pm and they opened the restaurant for us was cold meats and salad which was very nice so thank you .

Room Tip: top floor for lovely view
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank teesidepat
Dear teesidepat,
My name is Janina Ninova and I am the Quality Manager at Sol Nessebar Resort. I would like to thank you for sharing this lovely feedback about your holiday at Sol Nessebar Bay. I am glad that our hotel, food and beverages, and entertainment fulfilled your expectations.
I am sorry to hear that some of our guests kept their dogs in cage and their whimper bothered you. Till now it was allowed for our guests to stay at the hotel with pets weighting less than 5 kg, but after several occasions like this we are planning to change our hotel policy. Next summer we will not allow pets in the resort.
Thank you once again for spending time to share your impressions. We will be glad to welcome you again for even longer and nicer “break”.
Quality Manager, Sol Nessebar Resort
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stopped here in june for our first family holiday and ive got to say it was lovely when we arrived it was about 2:30am we was checked in really quick then were pleasantly surprised by the hotel that they had put on a cold supper for us we then had a quick bite and went upto our room and was amazed by the amount of space we had and my two girls evan had there own room and own bathroom we had a big balcony with a lovely sea view not forgetting the air conditioning and our own fridge and from the side we had a view of the pool we'd only been there a hour and was already loving the place the staff was really polite and friendly and the entertainment crew always kept you busy weather you was a child or an adult you could get involved the kids club was amazing both my daughters loved it and the fact you had five pools to choose from was great as well and one of them with its own water slides very entertaining the girls never wanted to leave the hotel as there was so much happening all the time my youngest daughter brooke even got to plant a tree with the hotel manager a very nice women and my eldest daughter got to be in fantasia in lion king on the night show and was brilliant when we did manage to get out of the hotel due to girls having so much fun we noticed there was bus stops outside the hotels which will give you transport to Sunny Beach or Old Nessebar but its a nice walk to Old Nessebar it took me and the family 15mins to walk and that was with my five year old and eight year old daughters so not very far away but sunny beach you will need to get the bus or taxi but make sure a price is agreed on before you get in the taxi the hotel food was amazing there wasn't a night or day that they didn't offer anything good our cleaner was very polite and friendly we never once felt the need to use the safe on offer in our room we will definitely be reccomending to friends and we plan on coming back soon as we can

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny and to be honest if you stay in the bay or mare there both family...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Janina_SNP, quality manager at Sol Nessebar Bay, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear Nige07,
My name is Janina Ninova and I am the quality manager at Sol Nessebar Resort.
Firstly I would like to thank you for spending time to share your wonderful feedback about our hotel. I am glad that the room, the entertainment, the food and the outdoor pools fulfilled your expectations.
It is lovely that our Environmental day on the 5th of June 2013 made good impression to your daughter; it was my pleasure to help her to plant a tree in our park. I am sure the love to mother nature will grow inside her heart, and inside the hearts of all children who took part in our environmental initiative.
Thank you once again, and I consider your words “we plan on coming back soon as we can” as a promise :) - your daughter will than see how her tree in the park is growing…
Looking forward to welcoming you in Sol Nessebar Bay again.
Quality manager, Sol Nessebar Resort
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Stopped here August 2013. Had a lovely stay. Checked in and was taken to our room within minutes. The rooms are very clean, have air conditioning and a fridge. We had a lovely large balcony with pool and sea view. Breakfast was the best meal of the day. Food for lunch and dinner wasn't to my liking but I am quite fussy. I lived on Pizza, chips and pasta for a week and so did my 5 year old daughter. If your not fussy there is plenty of choice, something different every day. By the pools there are plenty of sunbeds to go around. Each day a couple of characters walk around the pools so the ids can have there photos taken with them; bugs bunny, smurfs, spiderman, spongebob, ice age characters, tigger. My daughter loved this.The beach is a really short walk away down a few steps or there is a slope and there is a bar close by to the beach. You can walk to Old Nessebar town which is worth a visit. It took us about 25 minutes but there is a bus stop right outside the hotel. By far the highlight of our holiday was the animation team. They were brilliant, they keep kids and adults occupied all day long and then entertain kids for the evening followed by putting on amazing shows for all, not the typical holiday cabaret shows, they were really good shows; Mama Mia, Disney show, Broadway show just to name a few. That team work so hard and are always smiling.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Adele2011
Janina_SNP, Quality Manager at Sol Nessebar Bay, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear Adele2011,
My name is Janina Ninova and I am the Quality manager of Sol Nessebar Resort.
Thank you very much for sharing your impressions from your holiday in Sol Nessebar Bay.
We feel all very proud because great holiday for you means great quality of service for us. I am glad that you and your daughter had a lovely stay and our animation program exceed your expectations.
We will be waiting for you next summer for an even more unforgettable holiday at Sol Nessebar Resort!
Best regards,
Quality Manager, Sol Nessebar Resort
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nessebar
Italia
#1 of 35 in Nessebar
Pollo Resort
Pollo Resort
#3 of 58 in Nessebar

Been to Sol Nessebar Bay? Share your experiences!