“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 55 Veliko Tarnovo B&B and Inns
Bucharest
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We have spent only 1 night, even though I regret now not having booked several nights as the Town is wonderful. The hotel is perfectly located facing the Castle, rooms are big, very clean, very nicely decorated!

Breakfast is very good.

The hotel's main asset is the staff. Diana from reception was extremely polite. She advised us what to do, where to go and where to eat.

She allowed us to chek-out late and, upon leaving, she made us small gifts - perfume for the ladies and fridge magnets for the kids.

I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Greek first
Craiova, Romania
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Near the citadel and the old town, the hotel offers a great view from same rooms.
The rooms are spacious, tastely furnished and decorated, the bathroom also but they have a poor lighting. Breakfast is OK.
It has private parking, which is important in Veliko.
Personel is helpful and always smiling.

Room Tip: Rooms with Tsarevets view worth the money!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daniela B
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We have stayed twice at hotel Studio and I might say that it totally met our expectations on each occasion. The location of the hotel is especially wonderful, near the Tsarevets fortress and close to the city center so you can leave your car in the hotel small parking lot and walk everywhere. (anyway, VT has some serious issues with the availability of parking spaces due to its topography and be aware that cars are being towed away if not parked in the right spot)
The rooms are very nice and big enough with natural light coming in through the windows. I recommend the ones facing the fortress but it is not a must as you have a wonderful rooftop terrace that you can enjoy at any given time.
The only negative part was the bathroom which has a very poor ventilation system and lighting. This issue can be avoided if you are lucky enough to get a room that has a bathroom with window. We will ask for one next time. :)
Highly recommended when in VT!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed at this lovely stylish clean hotel in a quiet area near the fortress for 2 nights. It has a terrace with wonderful views of the old walls. The staff are extremely helpful and the rooms are large. There was a problem with the wifi reception while we were there but after telling reception they had to switch it on and off for us a few times before it worked. There were no lights over the bathroom mirror so it was a bit dim but the shower cubicle was excellent. The breakfast was very good and well presented. The hotel has parking just down the road from the hotel with a chain across it but when we came out to our rental car on our last morning the hub caps were missing. Luckily theft was covered by our car hire contract.

Room Tip: We chose one on the 2nd floor but we could have had one with a view higher up. As there isn't a...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
England
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We loved our one night stay here. What can be better than sitting on a roof terrace in the sun, with a beer, admiring the views. Its near to everything to see in the old town and quiet enough for a great nights sleep. The receptionist was very nice and there was free parking nearby.The price by english standards was an absolute bargain.

Room Tip: We were in the best room with a balcony and views.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed here for one night on my way to Istanbul by train. It was a 5 Bulgarian Lev (2.50 Euro) cab ride from the train station to the hotel. The location is perfect for exploring the town and the fortress ruins. I had a double room with an amazing view. The room was clean and simply decorated. The bed was comfortable and the shower was the best I had during my 3 weeks in Europe. There was wi-fi throughout the hotel. The girl at the front desk, whose name I do not remember, spoke excellent English and was very helpful and friendly. Elsewhere in the town I found English was not so common. The restaurant is only open for breakfast. The breakfast was not amazing but perfectly fine. There is a roof top terrace also with stunning views. The terrace is not a bar but you are welcome to take your drinks up. I had read about the spectacular light show that happens every Friday night in at the fortress and was disappointed that I would not get to see it as I was passing through on Thursday. So imagine my surprise and delight when I went up to check out the terrace only to discover the show was in progress. I stood on the terrace captivated by my own private light show. The staff was not aware that the show was going on which I thought was a bit odd as this is something any guest would like to be made aware of. There is no lift in the hotel so be warned. A few minor critisims - I found the common areas and the room/bathroom to be dimly lit. There was a bottle of white wine in my mini bar with a cork but no wine opener. I took the bottle downstairs to the bar to have it opened. There were no wine glasses at the bar or in the room. These are small things which could be easily fixed and are not major issues. While I was there they were only able to accept payment in cash as their credit card facilities were not working but there is an ATM just next door where I was able to withdraw money. Overall I thought it was great value and great location.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 8. Fantastic views of the Tsarevets Fortress.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We have been there for 2 nights during september 2013. The place is abeutiful boutique hotel . with good and clean rooms and a good service.The location is good since its in the old part of the city but not in the midle.no dought about the fact that we will come back to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed September 2013