“MUST DO ”

Mr. Bike Hsipaw Trekking
Ranked #3 of 10 things to do in Hsipaw
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hsipaw Jungle Trekking is a small local community business set up and run solely by Mr. Bike, a local guide who speaks fluent English and two local dialects. We aim to provide local and international travelers with a genuine experience into the nature of northern Shan hills and life of the local ethnic people in a socially and environmentally responsible way.
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Important note is to read description of the tour well and think if you're capable of the hike or not. The price was affordable, the stay was amazing and Mr Bike you're amazing ! Once you reach hsipaw contact him quickly so you can plan out your stay .for the hike you need proper hiking shoes otherwise you could fall , gloves would help a lot to . I must say tubing in the river during the last day was really fun but quite dangerous as my tube went a little too fast and I was basically riding alone for 2 hours . I fell over into the river I guess because I was too light and nobody was there to help me .if I didn't hold on to the float even though I can swim I think There is a chance of drowning. There are big waves and whirlpools at every corner. It was really scary tbh cause once i fell ovet i kept imagening the worse possible like some creature in the river biting of my legs or something. So just tie your tube to another person if you want to do it anyways.

All reviews
"bamboo forest"
"unique tour"
"wet season"

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Highly recommend this jungle trek with Mr Bike. He is a very friendly and happy guide who will go out of his way to help with any needs you have and will be constantly teaching you about his country. The tree house on the first night has a spectacular view and the bungalows on the second night right next to the river are great. I let Mr Bike know I am vegetarian and can honestly say his staff cooked the best vegetarian dishes I have had in Myanmar (including fresh ingredients they found along the way on the trek: mushrooms, bamboo shoots etc). Only recommendation is to bring lots of insect repellant!

Reviewed 11 June 2018

We embarked on the three day trek in the jungle. First passing by a local village school (setup days before) financed by Mr. Bike’s family, further venturing deeper into the forest sleeping in a treehouse the first night and in a bamboo hut by the river the second night. This time of year is rainy and humid, making the expedition one that really exposed us to the nature that Shan state has to offer. Venturing paths, and hacking our way through unwandered areas of the Jungle (overgrown because of it’s scarce use). Finishing off with a tube trip down the river (45 minutes and rough during the wet season - compared to a calm 3 hour meander in the dry season, from what we heard). Walking along landslide territory and natural rockfaces, caves and waterfalls. A trip to remember, and an wonderous insight into the Burmese Jungle. Not to forget the vegetables and fruit (mushrooms, young bamboo shoot, berries and giant figs etc) harvested on the way for the “gourmet” meals we prepared 3x a day. Jimmy and Bachit are experienced local guides from areas nearby, and a pleasure to trek with.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

The scenery and effort for the trek are good - just FYI, this trek is not the easiest especially if you never did trek before. You can do it, but just know that its not just walking around like it can sometimes be from Kalaw to Inle Lake.

The treehouses are nice and the bungalow are also comfy. The carrier - Mr Moon - was lovely, also caring about us and pacing us for the trek despite he spoke very little English.
The guide, Oma, speaks quite good English yet I would doubt a bit how acknowledgeable she is about Myanmar, the fauna and flora and etc. What i was told during this trek were then disputed by another guide who seems very acknowledgeable.
Also, because she is still quite young, she did not always knew how to handle things properly and professionally.

I would still say it is a good trek, the scenery is very nice and its a very good exercice for the 3 days. Yet, I was quite disappointed in terms of cultural share and insights.

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

One of the best things I've ever done! The trek was such good value for money. We were in the biggest group they had ever taken due to some miscommunication (15 people) but this didn't matter at all. Our tour guides Mr Forest and Ohnmar (Mr Bike's daughter) were so full of information enthusiasm for the surrounding villages and forest. Our porters (Mr Moon was the name of one) foraged ingredients along the way and cooked it on open fires for lunch and dinner. All the meals were super interesting and tasty. The first day is pretty challenging as it's a lot of uphill but you get lots of breaks and snacks and the guides go at different speeds so you can pick whether to take your time or not. Both the tree house and cabins you stay in were perfectly comfortable. Would definitely recommend!