Hotel Lily The Home
Red Dragon Hotel(Hsipaw)(Great Value!)
US$15
US$13
Priceline
  • Free Internet
US$35
Hotel Thipaw(Hsipaw)
Lashio Motel(Lashio)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsguest housetoasteggsrooftop restaurantnew buildinginle lakeher husbandair conday trekdifferent typesnoodlesplace to staythin wallsplenty of hot watertrain stationtop floorper day
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I did not make a booking before arriving at the train station in Hsipaw, but a friend recommend that I check out Lily Guest House. There were some staff at the train station who took us by moto-truck to the guesthouse for free. I asked for a private room with fan, which cost me $8, as opposed to the dorm bed for $7 (which maybe includes AC but in May I didn't feel like I needed it). Ms. Lily is so helpful, has maps for her guests, and will give estimates on how long it takes to do each activity. You can rent bikes on the property, but be sure to take them for a short spin first to make sure they fit you properly (or close enough, anyways). There were three breakfast options as well, and I loved trying different things each morning. I would recommend a stay at Lily's to anyone on a budget!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Hugging owner Lilly runs a well organised guesthouse. We stayed 4 nights in a double room with AC, private bathroom and breakfast for 23 dollars. Beds are comfortable, room is clean. Breakfast comes with fruit, juice, tea/coffee, toast, jam and eggs. Staff is friendly and service oriented. You can organise trekkings, bustickets and there is a lot of info at hand. Our room was 205 on the first floor with a little balcony. The place had even in rainy season a nice backpacker atmosphere. There are dormbeds for about 8 dollar. I would suggest this cozy place above Charles (been there for info too. Not so friendly). Though one suggestion is that they turn of the communal lights at night. Curtains are so thin that all night you have the feeling it's already daytime. One more point of critic is the AC: it does not work too well. Also during our stay there was a lot of construction work going on (they are expanding with a big hotelbuilding!). So there was a lot of noice at daytime.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Although the staff are very friendly and accommodating, and the breakfast is good, I still feel that the accommodation itself is over-priced (more of a hostel feel). Clean room, private bathroom had hot water, coffee making facilities in the room and also tea/coffee/water provided in communal area. Air-con was very noisy. Sporadic wifi in communal area only.

A new 4-storey building for 30+ rooms and also extensions for another 2 rooms at premise was under way at the time of writing. So, if new rooms are offered at the current price (doubtful), then this will be much better value (travelled in low season and booked through Agoda).

Staff here can arrange bus, train and boat tickets, also treks, etc. (5% charge when paying by credit card).

Room Tip: Request a room away from any renovations or new building as it can be noisy!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed in a double room here with a fan. The room was small but very clean with a really comfy bed. The shared bathrooms were really clean and there was plenty of showers.
There is a big communal area with benches and tables which is a good place to meet other travellers.
The staff are really friendly and very helpful. I organised a trek from the guesthouse and it was brilliant and I could leave my bag at the guesthouse while I trekked.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 June 2014

After 3 days of intense water throwing in Mandalay, Lily the home was exactly what I needed lol The hotel is within walking distance for most tourist sights but it was far enough for you to feel like you are in a little oasis. Loved the thatched roof and pastel color walls. The rooms are big and clean. They have a large air conditioned room where you can be served food and watch English television. They also have great Wifi connections. The staff were friendly and very helpful. I rented a bike and booked my trek, bus and flight tickets with them. Would highly recommend staying here. Would definitely go back!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple