My husband and I stayed here for one night. The resort is on the west side of Inle Lake and is stunning. It's Thai style architecture made from beautiful teak wood. Individual bungalows sit on stilts on the water. We decided to splurge on a Royal Village bungalow (one of the six or so right on the lake - $90 through our travel agent).
Our bungalow was very luxurious - honeymoon material. There is a very large living room area with TV and couch. Sliding doors open to a stunning bedroom with a balcony on the water and floor to ceiling windows with incredible lake views (especially nice for sunset). The decor is gorgeous: glossy teak floors, crisp white linens, mosquito netting above the bed. Local pieces of art (paintings, sculpture, a parasol) are a special touch.
Breakfast was included in the rate and was delicious: a large buffet of Asian and Western foods (fruit, juice, cereals, eggs, croissants, etc). It's served on a terrace next to the restaurant near a beautiful garden. For dinner, you're pretty much stuck at the resort. The menu was good and not too pricey (although certainly much more expensive than restaurants in town would be). The restaurant is huge (there's even a stage and an upstairs area surrounding the large main hall) and lovely but there were very few people at the resort when we were there and so it felt empty with only a small fraction of the tables filled. The food was very good and we even tried a local wine (not bad!). Try the Shan noodles if you come here.
Overall, it was very comfortable. There are three reasons why we didn't give it a five star rating:
- No heat (or perhaps heat from the AC unit but it wasn't working well). Inle Lake gets chilly at night in December.
- The cushions on the lounge chairs on the balcony were dirty and stained
- For the price, even though it was amazing and we'd certainly recommend it, it wasn't a great value; for $70, it would be.
That said, we would stay here again and would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury boutique hotel of 90 villas and cottages disseminated in a luxuriant tropical vegetation, on the shore of the magnificent Inle Lake, at 20 minutes boat ride or Tuk-Tuk or car from Nyaung Shwe (12 km). Perfect for a moment of peaceful rest after a day of sight-seeing. We also propose you to be pampered in our "Hom" Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Inle Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inle Hotel Taunggyi
- Inle Resort & Spa Myanmar/Taunggyi