Upon landing at Heho airport, its about 45-60 minutes to the harbour area and then another 45 or so minutes by boat. The lake is quite shallow, so don't worry, but if it rains it might not be fun!
The resort is brilliant! On stilts on the road and watching the sun go down on your little veranda is delightful. The food is average and like most of Myanmar, a bit oily in parts, but generally ok. Remember, its on the lake so don't expect fine dining. The staff were friendly and efficient and what with the setting, its quite blissful. In-room spa facilities can be arranged and are value for money.
We did a couple of trips out of the resort and they were good.
One thing, they wake up early and so if you have a lake facing cottage, then the boats come noisily past you from just after dawn so don't expect a lazy lie in. The rooms are beautiful appointed and relaxing despite the boats flying past.
All in all, blissful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This magnificent property is built on stilts and stands majestically in the heart of Inle Lake. Its architecture stylizes the unique features of the people of Inle (Inthar). Although surrounded by water, there is a green tropical garden and the privacy, tranquility, style and great service lets you savour the unique atmosphere of this magical place. You also can climb the View Tower to appreciate the stunning and dramatic scenery of Inle Lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, JovagoAsia, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Paramount Inle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paramount Inle Hotel Taunggyi
- Paramount Inle Resort Myanmar/Taunggyi