“Great experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nyaung Shwe
May Guesthouse Inle lake
Ranked #20 of 51 Nyaung Shwe B&B and Inns
“Great experience”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I had an overall great experience here. I arrived after a brutal 14 hour night bus, and they gave me my room shortly after breakfast. My room was spacious, clean, and had an attached bathroom. The staff was very friendly and helpful - they booked my plane tickets and guesthouses for my next two stops. They even clean up your room every day. Only gripe is that the walls are very thin, so you can hear what your neighbors are up to. Nothing some earplugs couldn't fix.

The location is fine. A bit east of town center, but it's a very short walk. The breakfast here was good too. I went for the pancake, but I was still hungry so they gave me some eggs as well. Breakfast is served in a charming outside patio.

This is easily the best place I've stayed at in Myanmar. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Alex P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Basic accommodation in the town of Nyaungshwe - the staff were extremely helpful and polite. Breakfast in the open air restaurant was served quickly and efficiently. Within easy reach of all of the main tourist attractions and a short walk from the canal leading onto Inle Lake itself,
Cheap, cheerful, safe and very welcoming !

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Loved this guesthouse. staff were very friendly. Rooms were clean. They give an excellent map of area with cycle trails on it. Hiring one of their bikes are spending the day going around the lake was great fun. Breakfast included is good to get the morning going. Would stay again in a flash

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Menomonie, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed here 3 nights in Sept. 2013. The room was spacious, very clean, and comfortable. The staff were extremely helpful with whatever we needed. Breakfast was better than most: egg how you wanted it cooked, 4 pieces of toast, fruit, and tea/coffee. One minute walk from main road and Golden Kite. The only thing I can mention which is why I didn't give it an excellent was that the walls are very thin so you can easily hear the people talking in the room next to you. Also, they told us none of the rooms have double beds, which I thought was strange. Other than that a great stay!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KariC86
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We arrived very early in the morning and they gave us our room already without any additional charge. The staff were very friendly and organized. They offered us a boat trip, had bikes to rent and organized our taxi back to the airport. Breakfast is included and they serve it in a nice garden environment, top-notch!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We arrived early in the morning without a booking and were provided with a triple room, as we needed for 3 adults. We were thankful to be able to check in early after a sleepless overnight bus ride.
The room was basic with 3 single beds and an attached bath. The hot water pressure was inconsistent but was okay. The room was comfortable. The walls are thin and it is easy to hear the neighbors. Rates were not negotiable.
Breakfast was simple but decent: egg, toast, banana and tea/coffee. It is served in a nice garden area.
Location is good, but Nyaungshwe is small, so it is easy to get around.
The staff was friendly and helpful. You can book most things at reception; however we found a much cheaper all day boat tour than what they had on offer.
May GH was a pleasant stay in Inle Lake area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 13 July 2013

So glad that I stayed at May Guesthouse....was very close to choosing a more established "hotel" but was talked into staying at this cute guesthouse and was glad we did so. The staff were sweet and kind and very accommodating. They provided as much information as possible and assisted with arranging future travel plans (buses). There were patient with my and other travellers never ending questions and requests. Rooms were cozy, clean and the perfect feel for what I was expecting in/around Inle Lake.

Btw, I did see another reviewers comment about WIFI, when I stayed at May Guesthouse they did have Wifi in the rooms and lobby.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends