“The Warm, Kind, and Unforgettable Place in Myanmar”

Princess Garden Hotel
Ranked #4 of 49 Nyaung Shwe B&B and Inns
Seoul, South Korea
“The Warm, Kind, and Unforgettable Place in Myanmar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2011

When I reached Nyaungshwe for the first time, I just wanted to go place which had a swimming pool.
When I stayed Princess Garden Hotel, I just got warm welcome as well as swimming pool.
When I had to leave from there, I just couln't help showing all my emotions including thankfulness, pleasure, and sorrow.
Whenever I think back my 4 nights-staying in Princess Garden Hotel, I ask myself, "When will I visit there again?"

1 Thank Sangwook

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2011

nestled in a quiet area of town, the garden bungalows at Princess Garden are a real treat. We walked by on our first day in town and thought how charming it looked, but were staying elsewhere at the time. After it was recommended to us by the folks at the Golden Island Cottages office, we decided to go back and have a look as we needed a place for a few nights after our stay out on the lake. We were warmly greeted at the desk by Ko Aung, who showed us a bungalow and around the grounds and we enthusiastically booked for three nights after our return from the lake.

Really enjoyed our stay, our bungalow looked out onto a sublime rural scene that is so common in this part of the country (see photos), very relaxing. We were especially fond of waking to the sounds of local rural life, roosters, geese, children. The bungalows are simple but stylish, no need for anything more as a stay here is all about the location and atmosphere.

Sparkling swimming pool, well-kept gardens, free use of bicycles, cheerful staff, attentive service, reasonable rates, and one of the best breakfast spreads around all make for a very rewarding stay. Ko Aung and Mee Mee are delightful hosts and have created a perfect little oasis in Nyaungshwe, well done!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank CunningMcFar
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2010

I stayed there two times and enjoyed my time every minute. As already other customers wrote, it was the best hotel I had during my trip in Myanmar. It was always a pleasure to talk with the hotel owners (a couple) who speak English very well.

The hotel owners will give you all tipps you need for your tours. If you like they also help you to organize everything for the trip.

The breakfast is taken from a terace with a gorgeous view over the garden and surrounding. It's not possible to eat all the breakfast you are served. It's very good. Try the pancake, sweet or salty - all very delicious. You'll get in the morning and in the afternoon/ evening after your day tour a freshly made fruit juice or fruit lassi. Sometimes with orange, banana or papaya. I loved them.

Most customers recommended this hotel to other travellers - make sure you have a reservation. Otherwise it could be full.

1 Thank kchschmid
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2010

The hotel is a group of bungalows set in a little garden, each with a porch from which to view of either the canal or the mountains, located at the edge of town, away from traffic but within a few minute ride on the free bicycles to the center of town.

The owners are attentive, competent, and friendly.

I received free breakfasts which included a giant chocolate pancake, and eggs, and a lasse, all well prepared and served in an elevated gazebo with a view of the mountains.

The bed was very comfortable. Bicycles are provided free of charge. The rooms are comfortable, bright, and clean. The landscaping is beautiful.

There were only 3 minor things I would change to make my stay perfect. The pool was being chemically treated one of the days I was there, but the day was too cold to swim anyway. The bathroom was typical of the area, with a shower that was not separated from the rest of the bathroom with a curtain and separate drain, so the floor near the toilet could get soggy after showers, but flip-flops are provided to keep your feet dry. A lock-box is not provided, though the bungalow has a room which can take a lock, if you happen to have one.

I took one star off the "Sleep quality" because the geese in the canal would chatter early in the morning, which was charming to me but might bother some people.

Make sure to reserve in advance. There are only a very limited amount of bungalows.

This is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. A fantastic value.

2 Thank EricZilla
Cologne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2010

Not only is this place simply wonderful but the owner Mee Mee is such a nice person who is full of good advise. The guesthouse and the surrounding area has been created with a lot of love for details. It is quiet with a nice view over the landscape and the perfect place to come home from a trip on the lake or the area and relax :-)
We will come again!

Thorge & Heike
Germany

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Thorge
Lucerne, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2010

The room price includes a bicycle. The omelets they serve for breakfast is delicious! The couple who runs the hotel is very warm hearted and they are very good English speakers. A relaxing atmosphere in which you can easily load up batteries and if you wish you can even jump in the pool. Check it out!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo