“One of the nicest places I have been”
Review of Mingalar Inn

Mingalar Inn
Ranked #12 of 51 Nyaung Shwe B&B and Inns
Munich, Germany
“One of the nicest places I have been”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stayed for two night at this guesthouse. The first night in a large 40$ room and the second night in a 25$ room. We needed to switch rooms because the 40$ room was already booked for the next day. They put our luggage in the new room and even turned on the fan.
The staff was very nice and helpful. Trough them we booked a longtail boat tour and a bus trip back to Yangon. They had a huge breakfast with egg, fruits, juice, jam, toast...
We looked at 4 or 5 places before we found this nice little hotel and I would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fastz87

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

This was the very first hotel we had during our trip in Myanmar. We enjoyed it for 3 nights. Employees are very nice preparated and a smiling. Reception was wery organized and kind in helping us to plan our staying. Our room was much large, comforteable and with nice forniture. Breakfast aboundant and well done. An eccellent permanence with a price only little higher than the average ($40 per room per night). We definitely suggest it!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 February 2014

During my stay at Mingalar Inn, I guess I left quite an "impression" with the family who owns the hotel. I was sent to the local hospital after a self-inflicted bicycle accident.

Thanks to the staffs at Mingalar Inn, a tuk tuk came to pick me up and sent me to Nyuang Shwe Hospital for treatment. The local doctor and nurses did a decent job to help me sanitize the wounds.

The owner and his wife, Ma Wint was very nice to send two of their staffs to accompany my friend and I to the hospital. For the rest of my stay, Ma Wint was also very caring, rendering any assistance I might need and always showering her concerns over my wounds. She provided many advices on traveling around Inle Lake area, as I was concerned about lake water contacts with my wounds. Eventually I still decided to go on the boat trip arranged. Ma Wint was super caring. She lent me her hat to make sure I don't get my wounds under the sun.

Beside the hospitality of the owners at Mingalar Inn, the breakfast there was also incredibly awesome with choice of eggs, delicious pancakes, huge fried dough fritters and lots of fruits. Even though the toilet is a little rundown, the overall experience at Mingalar Inn was great thanks to the owners and their families, and staffs.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

We were surprised at the room after having viewed the hotel online prior to booking. It looks like they've been promoting the JR Suite side that is a brand new building, not the old building where most of the rooms actually are. Our room (on the ground flood) had one window facing the court yard where everyone entered and exited the facility, so it was loud. The other window faced a cement wall. We were given a room with two separate beds - perfect for a married couple. The room was clean, but there was a non-functioning tub in the bathroom and the shower head was right next to the toilet. The bathroom didn't feel as clean. This was the only hotel in our month-long trip that did not provide water bottles in the room (for say, brushing your teeth). No TV, but not such a big deal. However, the breakfast food and patio were great. Most importantly, the hot water did not run out during our showers, which felt like a luxury. Decent spot for budget travelers,but if you're looking for something a little nicer I'd book a Jr. Suite or go elsewhere.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Comfortable and spacious room, and were able to request for additional blankets as it got quite cold at night.
Reception was friendly. Free wifi only in the reception area.
Bathroom was a little old, but we only used the shower. If you want to use the bathtub, you'll need to wait for around 30minutes.
Breakfast was excellent and very filling. It's served at the terrace - i.e. open-air, so it can get chilly in the winter.
About 5minutes walk to a local convenience shop, also surrounded by restaurants and eateries, all within walking distance or up to about 15minutes.
Also walking distance (10-15min) to the boat jetty.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

Excellent stay. Friendly and organised staff. We had a $40US room which was very spacious and clean. Front desk will assist with all booking needs. Breakfast is delicious. Choice of boiled, fried or scrambled egg. Then choice of banana, plain or tomato and onion pancake. Along with toast, fruit plate and a sweet or savoury fried snack. Just off the main drag. Walls a bit thin but nothing that a pair of earplugs didn't fix. I recommend.

Stayed January 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We booked this hotel for two nights on the recommendation of other Trip Advisor users and were not disappointed. There was a warm welcome and the room was spacious with a nice view over the town as other reviewers have said there was no need for airconditioning as it can get quite cold at night. Breakfasts were served on a first floor terrace also overlooking the town and were very good in particular the banana pancakes. All in all excellent value for money.

A note for travellers the taxi from the airport should only be US$15 and there is Inle Lake area "entry fee" of US$10 per person

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple