“High light of our stay in Inle” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bamboo Delight Cooking School

Bamboo Delight Cooking School
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 attraction reviews
“High light of our stay in Inle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Wauw! We felt so happy during and after this fantastic cooking class. An special experience thanks to Sue and Leslie. The surroundings are very nice and the food is delicious!! I will recommend the bamboo delight cooking class to everyone! Sue and Leslie good luck with everything!! And thanks again ;)

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Bussum, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great activity, the best in Nyaung Shwe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

As a family in the same hotel told us this was a fun activity, we decided to do the afternoon session. And fun it was, it was like a warm bath. We were welcomed by Sue and Wesley in a scenic place. It felt as if they were family. We prepared the food together with our family (total 5 persons between the age of 9 and 50) under the control of Wesley. The food was delicious, everybody made something and we had a lot of fun!! We would certainly recommend every body to do this fantastic activity.

Madrid
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“You cannot miss it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We spent one morning with Leslie and Sue and it was great. We learnt a lot about burmese food and culture! You cannot miss it!
We started by going to the market to buy the food while Leslie explained us the ingredients. Then we moved to their wonderful house and start cooking. Really nice morning!

New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Must-Do Near Inle Lake!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Leslie and Sue were simply amazing hosts and such beautiful and genuine people. Leslie arrived to pick us up from the hotel and brought a group of us to the market to purchase fresh ingredients. I got the feeling that this wasn't some pre-packaged trip where everything was routine...he took care to listen to the needs of the group and was ready to make each shopping trip a unique one. We proposed so many dishes and Leslie never said "no" to anything, and he even said that there is really no "no's" in this cooking class! We made about 7 or 8 dishes in the end, many of them interesting salads which we requested, and in the end the food was way more than we could consume. It was so much fun to shop together and then cook together in Leslie and Sue's lovely little oasis in a quiet area of the village. Everything was smooth and stress-free and peaceful and so it boggles my mind that we could have possibly cooked so much delicious food within such a short time frame - like about an hour or two! I also got 2 shots of some much needed espresso that I could not find elsewhere on my trip :)

After the lunch, Sue gave us a little "gift bag" full of spices and peanuts and tea leaves as a take away souvenir (which I will use at home to try to replicate some of the dishes) and Leslie also had put together a personalized cook book and a whole album of pictures which he transferred onto our SD cards. Absolutely ingenious way to preserve some wonderful memories.

The atmosphere of the outside garden where we prepared and ate the food was serene and perfect. It felt un-rushed and I wasn't even aware how much time had passed. Leslie and Sue warmly introduced those of us who wanted to an inside tour of their home, which is right behind the garden. I felt so very at home and welcomed, and Sue was very open in explaining why she started this cooking class and what some of the money were used for (partly in funding additional education for local children).

This was literally one of the top 3 highlights of my 2 week trip in Myanmar and I cannot rave about this cooking class enough, and even more so about Leslie and Sue!

1 Thank imperialhuntress
Airlie beach
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Much more than a cooking class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Leslie and Sue are the most beautiful people I have met in a long time. Not only do you get to learn to cook traditional Shan food but you get to meet and feel apart of an amazing family. Leslie and Sue especially love tourists but they are extremely generous to their community. Half of the cost of the cooking school goes to helping purchase books and stationary for less fortunate children in Inle lake. They purchase of goods for cooking also supports local farmers and people in the markets. A great day, which I won't forget.