“value”

The Khemara Battambang I Hotel
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Battambang
Reviewed 9 June 2013

The whole place is done nicely , nice big swimming pool , the staff were delightful . Our room was large enough and had good air conditioning , it was clean and had all amenities . Breakfast not so good but cheap , buffett style . great value and convenient .

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
THAOSOKMUNY, Guest Relations Manager at The Khemara Battambang I Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Thanks for taking your valuable time to write this review. It is great to hear that you like Khemara, the pool, the breakfast, amenities and environment, the great value that you got. Thanks for choosing Khemara Battambang 1 Hotel as your home away from home. Hope you'll come back and stay again at Khemara.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

We stayed in this hotel with our friends one night, the breakfast was local and nice but it is not include the price (3$). There's nice sauna, steam room, massage and gym, costs around 3 to 10 dollars. The room and bathroom was in average. In the morning there was a construction going on next to our room, that was little bit annoying.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
THAOSOKMUNY, Guest Relations Manager at The Khemara Battambang I Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Khemara Battambang 1 Hotel as your accommodation in Battambang. I also thank you for taking your time to write this review. It is great to hear that your like the breakfast, the sauna etc. and I also regret to hear that there some construction sound nearby disturbed you in the morning. For breakfast the hotel hotel guests have their own choice to include or exclude in the room rate. The morning breakfast has Asian and Western foods at reasonable price and at good quality. For the bathroom as you mention it is an average but the hotel try its best to make it clean. Again thanks for your feedback and we commit to improve our services to make your stay comfortable as a home away from home. Hope you will stay at the Khemara 1 again in the future. Wish you all the best.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

I stayed a few nights in the "normal" room and a few in a VIP room. The VIP room is much bigger (but the normal room was big enough) and had a hair drier, better soap etc ($24/night v $20/night).

The pool area was nice and the hotel had a massage area which was quite good but it did depend which person you got.

It is a bit out of town so a tuk tuk ride is needed on most occasions (about $2).

The breakfast was the worst part of the stay. They had eggs, bacon etc as well as an Asian selection. The food was prepared well ahead of time and then left in warming trays. If you got to breakfast early (6:30) the food was cold and after a while they lit candles under the tray which re heated the food.

Outside of the Hotels control was very load music staring before 5am and going late into the evening. Buddist wedding celebratons!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
THAOSOKMUNY, Guest Relations Manager at The Khemara Battambang I Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2013

First of all, I would like to thank you for staying at Khemara Battambang 1 Hotel and I also thanks for your feedback. I am happy to here that you satisfied the room sizes, the rates, the pool and the massage services. The only breakfast and the wedding celebration sound from outside that make you not so happy during your staying period. For the breakfast, we try to provide a delicious buffet at the rate of $3.00 per person and we try to make it better and better to satisfy guests' needs. We always make it warm/hot all the time by making it new for guests or through reheating the foods. For the wedding celebration, as you mention that it was not the hotel control but we try also to request the village chief to inform the villagers not to play music too loud since the early morning especially during wedding season. Again thanks for staying at Khemara. Hope you will staying with us again for the next visit.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Interesting hotel .no bad very cheap big rooms from 15 us till 28 us dollars clean large beds ,nice swimming pool.also have massage parlour in the other building ,sweet staff , 24 hours securitie.breakfast ok for 3 dollars .over all nice to stay for a large vacation,large hotel with many out buildings. Reasoneble close to the centre.tuc tuc staying outsite to bring you around.
This hotel is ok but thecrooms have no safety boxen.

Room Tip: Before you book or pay check out different rooms. The VIP rooms out site are ok only two story build...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Petrus Z
THAOSOKMUNY, Guest Relations Manager at The Khemara Battambang I Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Thanks for you good feedback. We try to fulfill your comment/suggestion. We do hope you'll stay at the Khemara again in the future.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

I have stayed at the Khemera 1 Hotel each time I visit Battambang and LOVE it!!! Great value at $15 a room, add brilliant service by the staff (especially in the restaurant), a pool to cool down at day's end and not to mention a chilled Angkor beer....what more could you want. Body and foot massages at really good prices, simply add to the value. Only a $2 tuk tuk ride to Psar Nat (market) and the cafes, the Khemera 1 is away from the noise of the town centre. The rooms are clean and wi-fi is free to all areas of the hotel including your room. At $3 the buffet breakfast is great value. The Khemera 1 Hotel is home away from home for me!!

Room Tip: The rooms in D Block are easily accessible to the spa and gym.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank kathieg22
THAOSOKMUNY, Guest Relations Manager at The Khemara Battambang I Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Thanks for your loyalty to our hotel. As you mention you have stayed at the Khemera 1 Hotel each time you visit Battambang and you LOVE our hotel, especially the location, the rate, the great value that the hotel offer, the brilliant service by the staff (especially in the restaurant), the pool to cool down at your day's end and the chilled Angkor beer, the massages the free wi-fi and the breakfast. Furthermore we are happy to hear you mentioned, “The Khemera 1 Hotel is home away from home for you”. Again thanks for feedback and we do hope you’ll stay with us again for the next trip to Battambang.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

This is my third time to this hotel. I still say that I would return again if I have a chance to visit Battambang. The room is specious and clean. My daughters love the beautiful salt water swimming pool soooo much. However, the breakfast buffet was poor ( not so many choices). Well, I have a great time there. If you have a chance to visit Battambang I would strongly recommend his hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Thanks for your time to write this review. We are happy to hear that you like Khemara so much, especially the pool. Again thanks for your loyalty, the commitment to come back again during the next visit and your recommendation to others. We commit to improve our services to make your stay comfortable as home away from home.

Reviewed 2 December 2012

The Khemara Battambang provides good value for money at $15 per air conditioned room. The rooms are very comfortable, one can have hot showers at any time and they are well provided with coffee. The pool is attractive as well. I was impressed with sauna and steam room facilities and the good jacuzzi that they have. The restaurant serves very tasty Khmer food at reasonable rates and I was pleasantly surprised to learn that all the food served there is organic comes from farms close by. The staff are friendly and helpful. All in all it was a the Khemara Battambang experience was an excellent one.

H Nayer

Room Tip: I stayed in B Block which overlooked the pool on side and the entrance to the hotel on the other. In...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hari N
THAOSOKMUNY, Owner at The Khemara Battambang I Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

Thanks Hari for your positive review. Hope we made your stay comfortably and hope to serve you even better in the next visit.