Seng Hout Hotel
VY CHHE Hotel(Battambang)
Stung Sangka Hotel(Battambang)
Hotel Rattanak(Battambang)
  • Restaurant
Classy Hotel & Spa(Battambang)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsswimming pooltuk tukhot waterper nightexcellent locationcentral marketroof terracenight marketthe busshower curtainold marketcable tvthe rivercool downtop floornice bathroomstayed here for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We booked this hotel through Agoda, not knowing much about it, and it's been great for us! The hotel has a cafe downstairs, which is great, but pricy in comparison to others in walking distance. It is in a real good location, easy to walk to the market and nearby shops. There's almost always a tuk tuk driver nearby, or one you can call that speaks great English to take you where you need to go. The sky saltwater pool is great, although the lounge chairs are not in the sun. It's not a pool to lounge by, but only to swim in. And the front desk won't give you a fresh towel if you take yours from the room to the pool. So make your own decisions there. The rooftop terrace is a great place to watch sunset, and cool down. Plenty of seats, and a great view of the city. It's clean, a little small, but we paid for a standard room. No real complaints at all!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joy M
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We booked the 2 rooms on Agoda for one night (airco + window) and when we arrived we ended up in a room without any window and twin beds instead of double beds. So we paid 19$ on Agoda, but then we wanted to extend our stay and so we booked 2 more nights at the hotel directly. If we wanted to have a window the staff told us that we would have to pay 25$. Great. They asked us to still pay 19$/night no breakfast included, for the same room (knowing that other guests paid 10$/night for fan and a balcony). We had airco, but don't tell me that you have to add 9$ to have it. So then I went to the reception to ask them why we would have to pay that much knowing that 19$ is not even on their price list offered at the hotel and that we didn't have any window, and we probably had the cheapest room except for the airco. The staff could not even answer!
They just said "I don't know, just let me see with my boss". We had to come back in the afternoon and you could see the face of the receptionist that something was wrong or that she was lying. She just said "you have to pay 19$ because it's what you paid on Agoda". As I know prices on agoda and actual prices can vary, I wanted to know the exact price of the room, what they usually charged for it. SHE REFUSED TO TELL ME (even though I asked 5 times for it!), instead she just said "euuuh we give you 2$ discount ok".
Additionally, the swimming pool was very dirty, all our mosquito bites became infected and we also got an infection on of our eye.
There is no ambiance, the rooftop bar is just chairs with nothing else. The fridge downstairs is at 18°C, the beer is not cold (or at least not for a long time).
The staff is very disrespectful and lie as much as they can to get money out of you.
Also, don't stay on the first floor because they put very loud music in the lobby in the morning and it'll wake you up!

Their only pros are a nice tuk-tuk driver et 2 nice persons in charge of the restaurant.

Just don't go there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My husband daughter and myself booked a double room back in July 2013 to stay for 2 nights 28th and 29th March 2014, we were quoted $20 per night with no breakfast which was very reasonable considering this had a pool. When we arrived I presume it was the owners wife asked us for the money up front, as I was tired from the trip up, I didn't think to ask to look at the room I just paid the money. We were shown to the room 3rd Floor Room 306 by a nice young girl when she opened the door we were greeted with an over powering smell of sewage my husband was dry retching. My husband went back down to reception and they sent a girl up with air fresher to spray the room but the smell was not coming from the drain it was as if the toilet and over flowed into the room and was in the plaster. We asked for another room, while the first room smelt, the bathroom room was clean it had a shower curtain, decorative cushions on the bed, and a safe in the room.

The room we were moved to on the 1st floor did not have a safe nor decorative cushions on the bed, or a shower curtain, the bathroom was not very clean.

We asked for another room but she said she was all booked up, I was concerned that there was no safe in the room and the head lady said to put our passports and money in her safe at reception the young girl put our (Passport Wallet) in the safe. The next day I asked the young girl how much it would cost us for a Private Taxi to take us back to Siem Reap she phone the head lady and told us it would cost $40 before lunch time and $45 after lunch. We went back in the evening to book the taxi by the head lady and she tried to tell us it was $45 before lunch time she did eventually let us have it for $40 but was not happy she tried to say the young girl made a mistake but the young girl had phoned to ask her??

The day of check out I went down early to retrieve our things from the safe and the head lady was there she opened the safe and my things were not in the safe she said " who did you give them too are you sure you put them in the safe", I was getting very distressed as we had about $700US dollars and our passports, she didn't seem to want to help didn't offer to say "let me look in the draw maybe it's in there" one of her staff members opens a draw near the safe my belongings(Passport Wallet) were put in a plastic bag and I had written my name and room number on them, I came closer to look in side the draw and then I saw the plastic bag but it didn't have my (Passport Wallet) in it. I actually put my hands in the draw and started moving stuff around and and found my (Passport Wallet) what it was doing in there I do not now but thank goodness it had a lock on it.

Also when we were leaving she asked for the money up front for the Taxi driver we refused and said we would pay the driver ourselves.

You certainly get what you pay for, if the first room hadn't stunk it would have been great value for money.

I would like to add that we hired a fantastic Tuk Tuk driver from Seng Hout his name was John and he was a very reliable, honest and trustworthy guy, he was the only good experience we had from the Seng Hout. I won't be going back

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lizzy062
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We spent 2 nights at this hotel, January 19-21, 2014. It is located in town and is very reasonable. We paid $17 per night for a double/twin room. The rate does not include breakfast. The hotel has a small pool and a small cafe/restaurant. The staff were friendly and there were a few that spoke passable English which was helpful as we didn't know much Khmer. There is an open rooftop area that offers some nice views and there is a seating area there also.
Our room was basic/no frills but clean, the beds were comfortable, Bathroom was basic but plenty of warm/not hot water.
For $17 per night no complaints here. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had room 209 which was fine. A/C worked great but was quiet. Didn't hear any street noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chris45ny
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Welcoming. Comfortable. Nice Amenities. The room was ready for us when we arrived and so was the staff. English usage by the owners is very good and some of the staff can get by with minimal English. From overhearing a conversation the owner is also able to use French! but since I'm not a french speaker I cannot comment on his fluency, but it sounded okay. The staff was more than willing to be helpful and not at all rude.

The beds are definitely okay - not the coconut mattresses or box spring "mattress", and they are not plush. Room size is more than adequate. Complimentary water is provided. The bathroom is asian in style, meaning, no shower stall or bathtub. There is a local water heater that is serviceable - you won't burn yourself with the hot water, but much preferable to a cold water shower. The bathroom has minimal ventilation, but is acceptable. The air conditioning was good. Most of the window views are not the postcard type, but certainly allows one to see some local lifestyle.

They have a nice swimming pool, more of a lap pool. While it is outside on the 3rd floor there is not much of a place for sunning. There are also a few exercise equipments available to use.
The restaurant was good. The food was good and presentation was nice. Service time was not long. Personally, I would prefer to eat at other restaurants in the city, with so many choices available. Their laundry service was prompt and I was quite pleased with the results - AND nothing was missing - good price!

If your time in Battambang is primarily spent away from the hotel, then this is a nice place to stay. The prices are quite good and it is quiet through the night. This place is comfortable but it's not a resort.

It is located very close to the river so from here one is within walking distance of many restaurants and exercising with the locals along the river early in the morning.

I spent 5 nights here and would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends