“Terrific Value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Battambang
Austin, Texas
“Terrific Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is a great place to stay. I spent three nights. The rooms are very clean and the receptionists are friendly. A fan room is a terrific deal considering you get access to the pool, wifi, cable, private bath, etc. The wifi isn't the fastest, but it was reliable. Laundry service was great.

Make sure to purchase a beer in the lobby and then make it up to the top floor for sunset. You get a great view of the entire city.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank whereisdevin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel is very close to the market in the middle of Battambang. It is also just a block from the river. The rooms are clean, the front desk staff are friendly, check-in and check-out both fast and smooth. I stayed here twice within a week, a double room with ensuite toilet/shower in each case. One room was $15 per night, one was $18 per night. There is a small open-air swimming pool which is clean and enough to cool off at the end of a hot day. For tourists from outside Cambodia, there is some wonderful old Chinese and colonial architecture close to the hotel. I will be returning to Battambang and I will be staying here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank David_Hindley
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

When I received booking confirmation from Seng Hourt Hotel I was really very happy because it was recommend by one of my friend. But actually it became a bad experience during my stay in Battambang. I have to say the environment of the whole hotel is ok.... clean room, free drinking water and fruit, location is very central. the my disappointment was the that the lady at reception was rude to us but she never smiled to us and said hello to us. When we have some questions to ask her, she always replied with no hospitality and seemed annoyed. One day I consulted with her for the taxi to get to Phnom Penh, she seemed so happy then we agree for the price of 60$ for private taxi. finally when I arrived at my hotel in Phnom Penh I had totally paid 70$ to the taxi driver because he already paid 10$ to the lady at Seng Hourt Hotel, this was the bad experience that I would not recommend this dishonest hotel anybody else.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Battambang hotels

Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights in late May
Its situated in the city centre and very close to Psar Nat market. Being a solo traveller and not keen on A/C I had a small room with a fan and attached bathroom, the room and bathroom were clean and plenty big enough for me. There was an added attraction of a pool which was about 20 metres in length so after a day of sight seeing was very welcome.
The huge plus for me were the lovely, very friendly and helpful girls at reception...All this for $10 / night, tremendous value

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Chris H
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

We booked this hotel through Agoda, not knowing much about it, and it's been great for us! The hotel has a cafe downstairs, which is great, but pricy in comparison to others in walking distance. It is in a real good location, easy to walk to the market and nearby shops. There's almost always a tuk tuk driver nearby, or one you can call that speaks great English to take you where you need to go. The sky saltwater pool is great, although the lounge chairs are not in the sun. It's not a pool to lounge by, but only to swim in. And the front desk won't give you a fresh towel if you take yours from the room to the pool. So make your own decisions there. The rooftop terrace is a great place to watch sunset, and cool down. Plenty of seats, and a great view of the city. It's clean, a little small, but we paid for a standard room. No real complaints at all!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joy M
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

We booked the 2 rooms on Agoda for one night (airco + window) and when we arrived we ended up in a room without any window and twin beds instead of double beds. So we paid 19$ on Agoda, but then we wanted to extend our stay and so we booked 2 more nights at the hotel directly. If we wanted to have a window the staff told us that we would have to pay 25$. Great. They asked us to still pay 19$/night no breakfast included, for the same room (knowing that other guests paid 10$/night for fan and a balcony). We had airco, but don't tell me that you have to add 9$ to have it. So then I went to the reception to ask them why we would have to pay that much knowing that 19$ is not even on their price list offered at the hotel and that we didn't have any window, and we probably had the cheapest room except for the airco. The staff could not even answer!
They just said "I don't know, just let me see with my boss". We had to come back in the afternoon and you could see the face of the receptionist that something was wrong or that she was lying. She just said "you have to pay 19$ because it's what you paid on Agoda". As I know prices on agoda and actual prices can vary, I wanted to know the exact price of the room, what they usually charged for it. SHE REFUSED TO TELL ME (even though I asked 5 times for it!), instead she just said "euuuh we give you 2$ discount ok".
Additionally, the swimming pool was very dirty, all our mosquito bites became infected and we also got an infection on of our eye.
There is no ambiance, the rooftop bar is just chairs with nothing else. The fridge downstairs is at 18°C, the beer is not cold (or at least not for a long time).
The staff is very disrespectful and lie as much as they can to get money out of you.
Also, don't stay on the first floor because they put very loud music in the lobby in the morning and it'll wake you up!

Their only pros are a nice tuk-tuk driver et 2 nice persons in charge of the restaurant.

Just don't go there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Geelong, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

My husband daughter and myself booked a double room back in July 2013 to stay for 2 nights 28th and 29th March 2014, we were quoted $20 per night with no breakfast which was very reasonable considering this had a pool. When we arrived I presume it was the owners wife asked us for the money up front, as I was tired from the trip up, I didn't think to ask to look at the room I just paid the money. We were shown to the room 3rd Floor Room 306 by a nice young girl when she opened the door we were greeted with an over powering smell of sewage my husband was dry retching. My husband went back down to reception and they sent a girl up with air fresher to spray the room but the smell was not coming from the drain it was as if the toilet and over flowed into the room and was in the plaster. We asked for another room, while the first room smelt, the bathroom room was clean it had a shower curtain, decorative cushions on the bed, and a safe in the room.

The room we were moved to on the 1st floor did not have a safe nor decorative cushions on the bed, or a shower curtain, the bathroom was not very clean.

We asked for another room but she said she was all booked up, I was concerned that there was no safe in the room and the head lady said to put our passports and money in her safe at reception the young girl put our (Passport Wallet) in the safe. The next day I asked the young girl how much it would cost us for a Private Taxi to take us back to Siem Reap she phone the head lady and told us it would cost $40 before lunch time and $45 after lunch. We went back in the evening to book the taxi by the head lady and she tried to tell us it was $45 before lunch time she did eventually let us have it for $40 but was not happy she tried to say the young girl made a mistake but the young girl had phoned to ask her??

The day of check out I went down early to retrieve our things from the safe and the head lady was there she opened the safe and my things were not in the safe she said " who did you give them too are you sure you put them in the safe", I was getting very distressed as we had about $700US dollars and our passports, she didn't seem to want to help didn't offer to say "let me look in the draw maybe it's in there" one of her staff members opens a draw near the safe my belongings(Passport Wallet) were put in a plastic bag and I had written my name and room number on them, I came closer to look in side the draw and then I saw the plastic bag but it didn't have my (Passport Wallet) in it. I actually put my hands in the draw and started moving stuff around and and found my (Passport Wallet) what it was doing in there I do not now but thank goodness it had a lock on it.

Also when we were leaving she asked for the money up front for the Taxi driver we refused and said we would pay the driver ourselves.

You certainly get what you pay for, if the first room hadn't stunk it would have been great value for money.

I would like to add that we hired a fantastic Tuk Tuk driver from Seng Hout his name was John and he was a very reliable, honest and trustworthy guy, he was the only good experience we had from the Seng Hout. I won't be going back

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family