King Fy Hotel(Battambang)
Agoda.com
US$34
US$29
Priceline
Lux Guest house(Battambang)(Great Value!)
US$11
Bric-a-Brac(Battambang)
US$101
US$92
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspacked lunchthe ownertuk tuk driverthe busswimming poolfamily run hotellovely familywelcome drinknice poolmosquito netbamboo trainthe riverlocal sightsceiling fanlocation was perfectpeaceful placelarge bathroom
Reviewed 20 July 2017

The staff is extremely friendly. They have a tuktuk driver available who took us on a tour. We stopped at a sticky rice place, rice paper, a memorial site of the khmer rouge and finally the bat caves. A full day, but worthwhile. The breakfast is really good. The swimming pool is really big and good for young and old, because one part is not so deep. The bungalows are orientated around the pool. Vegetation is maybe a bit to high in front of the bungalows. There are two terraces in front of the houses. The bathroom is ok. The fan and refrigarator are nosy. The concept is really nice. During the time we were there the terras was renewed, which was for us a pity. But it will be for the better. And even then, the owner took care of a table outside so we could enjoy breakfast outside. One negative point...the frontdoor is always open. Which means the durt from the streets can enter. We saw a rat...not uncommon in a country as cambodia, but with closed doors maybe it would be better.

Room Tip: All bungalows are orientated around the pool
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Inge V
Reviewed 30 June 2017

The staff there are pretty friendly. Before we arrived, they have been communicating with us, and help us to arrange the traffic to the villa, and this really helps!
Though it's raining season and it is a little muddy on the ground, it is acceptable.
The breakfast is also nice. We ordered different dishes every day, and it does provide us energy to finish our full-day schedule.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
PhkaVilla, Owner at Phka Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

Dear, Our Honor guest

Thank you so much for your time to review Phka Villa. We are delighted to hear this and happy to hear that you mentioned to our staff (friendly) and mentioned to our (services).

We have renovated our garden and swimming pool. also muddy on ground in front of the hotel also fix. it will be more easy and enjoy if you ever come back to stay again.

In the future, we wish to serve you again

Phka Villa's Team

Reviewed 13 April 2017

I stayed at Phka Villa for five nights. The place is lovely and the room full of character. As I was staying for a long time, the hotel upgraded my room, which was great. A special mention must be made of the lovely lady in reception. She was always friendly and smiling and helpful. Breakfast was lovely and the food in general very good, even though not everything was always available. The only thing I would say is be careful arranging tours with the tuk tuk drivers at the hotel. I was stupid in not sorting out the price before we started assuming it would be the same as what I had previously paid. I was badly overcharged but it was as I said my own fault. Overall a great hotel which I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank teachingenglish35
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Hotel is way over-priced for what you get . Hotel is in need of a huge made-over but the staff & owner are very friendly & helpful - The place is not in great condition but I enjoyed my stay there .
Thanks for the good times & my packed lunch when leaving - Thanks for organising my ticket on the boat to Siem Reap - the trip worked out very well - great day trip

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2017

I just spent 3 nights at Phka Villa and though the pool and gardens are beautiful the complex needs a makeover. Currently its over priced. The garden beds need weeding, the pool needs lots of tiles replacing, leaves need sweeping off the villa roofs, the door in my bathroom didnt close and the patio door closed with a large gap. New shower heaters with large shower heads would be nice, not the small one that I had and the dribble of water.
The owner needs to buy a toaster and make real toast for breakfast not the current sliced dried bread. Breakfast needs upgrading to A piece of bacon bigger than 2 bottle tops would be a good start, with a large sausages, two fried eggs and a large hash brown.
Having had my whinge i have to say that the staff and Mr Mao the hotel Tuk driver do a great job and are very attentive and speak excellent English.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo