“Disappointing night” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Khemara Battambang Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Battambang
Khemara Battambang Hotel
Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Battambang
Portland, OR
“Disappointing night”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

In traveling with a group, we stayed one night at this place. The reception was efficient and got every to rooms quickly. However rooms were very warn, wifi would not connect and all surfaces were dirty appearing. The city burns a lot of garbage and brush and room had smoky odor. Although this impoverished area makes running water a luxury for most, the room did not measure up. Also, our group ate dinner at restaurant and enjoyed typical Cambodia fare and it was tasty. However, 11out of 12 of us became sick about midnight. We hate to be too critical in a developing country but want potential visitors to be aware of our experiences.

Room Tip: Avoid hotel and restaurant
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

A modern hotel , out of town a bit but great value , our room was well appointed and clean , the staff were good and checkin was easy , The hotel has a big pool with a bar which was welcome after a day of touring . The road getting there was terrible after the floods so allow plenty of time .Breakfast not included but only a couple of dollars , not so good .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

The accommodation is cheap at the Khemara at $28 a night inc breakfast. The rooms are spacious with aircon and fans, tv and all the mod cons. I had a few cold showers but this is Cambodia and it's hot so it doesn't matter much and mostly it was hot enough. The rooms could do with a good spring clean behind the beds as it's pretty dusty back there but the sheets and bathrooms are spotless and cleaned each day. The bed was also very comfortable and I slept well. I feel very safe at the Khemara 1 and there are great tuk tuk drivers out the front that makes transport into town a breeze. Overall it's good value for money.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank EllieDL
England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

There are a few issues that I have about this place, and generally they are not good. Although staff are pleasant and the hotel itself is ok, say a 3* max, I was unhappy with my overall stay.

So I have had suspicions that things were going amiss but brushed them off thinking it was my paranoia or poor recall. However today the penny dropped and I've realised that my food has been taken/eaten, leaving only two crackers from a packet of about 30 and I'd only eaten about 10. Strange.
On a more important note, I handed in a bag of valuables to reception for safe-keeping since I was leaving Battambang for a few days. The next day they rang me to say that I hadn't been to my room that day. They asked when I would be back. I thought, 'oh, how sweet, they are checking I'm ok and being organised etc for the cleaners etc'.....
On my return three days later I collected my bag - which was in an unlocked desk drawer at reception (there was no safe!) Two days later I receive a phone call in my room and they informed me I still had to collect a key from reception.
I was a bit confused because I don't recall missing any. Then the receptionist said, 'your suitcase key'. I assumed they guessed what it was for.

Now in hindsight a few days later, after discovering the crackers incident I am a lot more concerned.
1) How come the key was separated from the bag that I handed in (because I wouldn't have handed in a bag and not enclosed a small key). Someone must have gone through my bag when I handed it in, in order to find the key and take it out, separating it.
2) How did the person know it was for my suitcase?! - Did reception take it and look in my room, did the cleaner have a look? who knows, but it makes me worried about what goes on there.

When I complained the language barrier didn't help and they managed to give me $8 refund - out of $168 I owed! So customer service isn't high on their list.

On the plus side, I don't think anything was stolen.

They clean the rooms every day and remove the bar of soap so every day you open a new (provided) pack. This seems a bit of a waste and illogical, and even worse when they didn't give me a replacement bar but still removed the one i'd opened the day before.

Careless and untrustworthy. I would not return. This review is for the smaller Khemara Battambang Hotel and not the 'Khemara 1 Battambang'.

Room Tip: dont choose one!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Battambang hotels

Shanghai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

The swimming pool is large and has nice poolside bar as well . The value is unbeatable for the quality of the rooms and ameneties . Our room was spacious , but simple style , the staff were sweet to us and helped with local tours . The breakfast not included so we walked accross the road and had a khmer breakfast with the best coffee for about 4.00 .

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

Late arrival walk in, friendly receptionists speaking enough English, rooms were ready & clean, A/C worked fine, comfortable bed & clean linen, empty mini bar though cold beers were delivered quickly at most reasonable cost. At $15.00 per night... Beat that if you can. Expect no fuss, refinement nor 4-5 star service - at that cost I expect to help myself if needed. Pool bar staff friendly and chatty. We didn't intend to nor tried the restaurant. Quite central location. Does the job!

Room Tip: High floor, not onto the street.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Very good value , our 15.00 per night room was clean and spacious , all the usual amenities , the staff very efficient and friendly , good service . The swimming pool is large and has a nice bar poolside . Breakfast was not included , but cheap , not too bad . The location is convenient , tuk- tuks are available from the front of the hotel .

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple