““Nice and quiet but nothing works”” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Golden Land Hotel

Golden Land Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Battambang
Golden Land Hotel
Ranked #20 of 46 Battambang B&B and Inns
““Nice and quiet but nothing works””
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

We've prepaid two rooms for 4 nights so couldn't move out. Nice hotel but had many issues: no hot water,no pool, electrical system in one room did not work so no air conditioning for one nights and all lights on during another night, WiFi didn't work they just explain that the router was broken and never replaced,some staff are very nice but some are not . We've wrote two emails to managements but so far no response. If I go back to Battambang I'm going to choose for another hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank chan t

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

This spot was a great find! For 18 we had a large, spotlessly clean room with western bathroom (ie it's not all wet after showering). There was also a kettle and hair dryer provided. There was lots of daylight in the rooms and i actually wish we had had more time in our room (I never wish to be indoors more!). There was a fridge in our room an water provided daily. There was also water to refill our water bottle in the lobby.

The location was great, along the river and with a lot of breezes. A quick 5 minute walk to the "main" part of the small, charming city. White Rose was a favorite for food while there. There was also laundry close to the hotel with $1/kilo. We were picked up from the bus station and taken to the hotel for $1. It was $2 to go back to the bus station. One thing to note if going to Phnom Penh is to get your ticket in advance. We ended up having few options for traveling onwards so wished we had thought ahead.

The staff was also great here. Very helpful. We found Tong at the bus station and used him for our Tuk Tuk adventures all over the countryside. He was great and I'd highly recommend him as well.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank EricAndSarahSeattle
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Golden Land hotel is also known as Golden Lands Hotel, or Sovannaphum hotel. This is on the river on the same side as King Fy, and two doors along from La Villa. Excellent value for money. For $15/night, it is really clean, air conditioned and has a swanky bathroom and flatscreen TV, plus wifi. It looks brand new. The staff were really friendly, although their English is not particularly great. There was no safe in our room, but we just left our passports with the reception, and that was fine.

We moved from the Royal Hotel, which was perfectly adequate (and lovely, helpful staff) at the same price of $15/night, but had an Asian style bathroom with no separate shower tray.

Would definitely recommend- one of the best value places we stayed in!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LLLondon L
Finland, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Hotel is nicely decorated, beautiful and clean, the hotel is run by a rich Chinese guy in Battambang, They have a good team working there,but I was clearly lied by the owner over the phone about their wifi internet and then manipulated into staying despite the fact that I needed the Internet and it simply did not work or worked very poorly on an intermittent basis and they clearly knew this beforehand. I wasted several hour and $20 because of what was clear dishonesty. Clearly other places to stay in Battambang that have it faster, and are a better quality/price ratio. I really need the internet to upload all my photo of my holiday, not recommend at all for this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

If you want an excellent base to explore Battanbang this is the place to stay. On the east side of the river just five minutes walk over the bridge to the town centre where you can explore the colonial streetscapes, find great places to eat and soak up the ambiance. Front desk staff are charming and helpful. There is an elevator and but no restaurant. Excellent noodle dishes can be bought from the large Chinese noodle restaurant almost opposite the hotel in street 121. The hotel is clean and modern and if you want a great view of the river and town ask for a front room. A place to enjoy! NOTE also known as Souvanna Phum Hotel

Room Tip: Ask for room in front for view of river and town
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Cambridge, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Really great value for the low price we paid for a twin room with AC. This was the first place we stayed that actually had a bathtub/shower (no getting the entire bathroom soaked when taking a shower). Good hot water (once we asked them to turn it on) and quality shower. The internet wasn't the greatest and we found it was stronger in the hallway than in our room. At night, bugs will crawl into your room from under the door, so I'd recommend shoving a towel between the door and the floor. The only other thing that wasn't great was that the staff spoke VERY minimal English (the one man and one woman that we interacted with) so they were useless when it came to booking buses, tours or getting info as to how much things should cost.

Room Tip: Put a towel under your door to prevent bugs from crawling in.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

I found this one in my lonely planet. I have been breaking up my hostel stays with a nice hotel every now and then just to feel human again once in a while. This place was perfect. And after the first bit of real exercise (climbing the mountain for killing caves etc) I felt so exhausted and all I wanted was a nice shower in my own bathroom and a nice big bed. $18 for one night. The only issue I had and it really didnt bother me that much but might bother some others is the shower head was fixed at about my chest height if not lower. It was removable but meant I had to wash my hair one handed. But other than that perfect! Even had a hair dryer which I havent had access to in about 3 weeks. Heaven!

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo