Chhaya Hotel is the most miserable establishment we stayed in on our travels throughout Cambodia. The issues are as follows: 1. Bed bugs
2. Mold all over the bathroom
3. Cobwebs everywhere
4. Dust that hadn't been removed since it was first constructed
5. Decor which hadn't been changed or fixed since it was built
6. Unfriendly, resentful and unhelpful staff
7. Locals constantly roaming the prison-like corridors
1. Good location
Do not follow the Lonely Planet 'Top Choice' review. This tar pit has obviously rapidly declined since they achieved their mention. You can stay somewhere just as cheap and get a clean room that doesn't feel like a prison. We're pretty chilled travelers who aren't fussy, but this place is an absolute hole.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chhaya Hotel is located in the heart of Battambang city, quiet, comfortable and safe, a few minutes walk to Central Market. All staffs are friendly, intimate with English and french speaking. We offer a free transportation from bus or boat station to our hotel . room start from 3$, 5$, 7$ ,12$ Dormitory available! * Selling & Booking Boat,bus, Taxi ticket to every where * Tour Trip around Battambang,with good English speaking driver/Guide.(good price) * Bike tours with good English speaking guide (good price) * Vietnam Visa Service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Chhaya Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.