“Cheap yet disappointing”

Ranked #28 of 45 Battambang B&B and Inns
Albuquerque
“Cheap yet disappointing”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

One of my relatives had recommended this hotel as it was close to my relative's in-laws. Although the rooms were spacious, I was quite disappointed by how poorly the rooms were maintained. I had to switch rooms 2x as th ere were at least one problem with the room. The first room that they had given me had issues with the light switches as none of the lights would turn on. I was then given a different room on the same floor where one of the ceiling lights wasn't properly working. Furthermore, the door did not lock like it should! I then was given a 3rd room in which I thought it was perfectly fine until the bathroom lights flickered on and off. One of the staff members kindly came up to the room to switch the lightbulbs for me. Fortunately, I only stayed one night at this hotel. All the rooms that I had switched were on the 5th floor and I am not sure if it was that floor that had problems, but it seems that the hotel isn't properly maintained.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Providence
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I would never stay here ever again! They limit the number of vistors you can have in your room. So obviously they are watching you 24/7, kinda creepy. They wouldn't let another family member up in the room without one member going down. This does not happen in America. They also made a rude remark when they saw us bringing home cooked meals into our room. "If you wash your dishes in our sink and scratch our sink and paint, you are responsible for it." WOW! NEVER again President Hotel in Battambang City! I will take my US DOLLARS somewhere else!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Janin K

Travellers are raving about these Battambang hotels

Phnom Penh
Reviewed 4 February 2012

The President is incompetently managed (reception never has anything you want, Westerners tend to get mild food poisoning from the restaurant, no-one speaks much English, & the a/c drips water all over the bathroom floor).

However the staff are pretty friendly (especially the maids), & the hotel is new. At $10-20 for a quality room (with most mod cons) in a new hotel, it's hard to complain.

Room Tip: If you don't want noise from nightclubs at night (which is not overwhelming, but you can hear it...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 5 November 2011

This hotel was booked for us by a local family who was taking us around Cambodia for a week. We had no idea about the price, location, or amenities before we showed up. We chose a room without a window hoping to save some money. The room was clean and spacious. We didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel, but we slept well and enjoyed our accommodations. We were surprised at check out to find we were only charged $13 a night. All in all a nice experience.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I was visiting a family in Battambang and they directed me here because it was new and it was pretty close to their home. The hotel looks new--it has the requisite dark wood furnishings that all hotels have. The elevator looks like it belongs on Star Trek. But, the rooms were only ok. Their "free" internet didn't work even after resetting it. And, the room was too dirty for a new hotel. Also, the staff spoke very poor English. In fact, they had the most difficult time telling me that they do not accept credit cards. This is basic customer service dialogue that service staff should know. At US $30 this hotel is overpriced and not a good value.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo