“Perfect place to stay,”
Review of King Fy Hotel

King Fy Hotel
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Battambang
Reviewed 23 January 2012

5 minute walk into everything, and I swear if you asked the manager for the shirt off his back he's hand it over, what a great guy, always takes care of you without asking for anything in return.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank travelbob987

Reviewed 13 January 2012

New hotel. Free, quick WiFi. Powerful air conditioning. Superb customer service. We had a problem with one of our room service meals (the other was fantastic), they immediately offered to do another meal. As it was late my partner had already eaten the Pringles out of the mini bar so was no longer hungry. The hotel reception provided an immediate refund in the morning.
Well located, 10 minutes walk to the centre but far away enough for a good sleep. Comfortable beds and well decorated rooms. The hotel has a reasonably stocked mini-mart in the lobby. Breakfast limited for the Western palate but suffices
Rooms superb value for money.

Recommended

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CheUK81
Reviewed 10 January 2012

One of the best customer service experiences I've had for a while. Everyone very friendly and helpful, rooms are good size with small balcony, aircon, free wifi that works well. I couldn't understand why it was not more busy at only $15 a night for a huge double. Two let downs for me - Breakfast was ok, but good enough with coffee, juice, eggs and toast. They also claim to have a rooftop cocktail bar but it didn't look like it was functioning when i went up to the 7th floor?? Finally, they have some great tuk tuk drivers - I can recommend Vireak who took me out for the day and gave a running commentary on what we were seeing. I would stay here again

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Samk2012
Reviewed 31 December 2011

We loved our stay at the King Fy and would recommend this hotel to anyone headed to the lovely town of Battambang. Free laundry, free use of hotel bikes, free breakfast and a staff willing to help with anything you needed. Breakfast buffet was a bit limited - mostly Asian fare - but you can't beat the price. Located across the river from the main part of the city but was an 10-minute walk, and we were relieved to be away from the noise and traffic in town.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alison p
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We booked this hotel because it was new and had great reviews on tripadvisor. We were certainly not disappointed and King Fy Hotel far exceeded our expectations. The staff especially Mr Fy were extremely helpful and friendly. They were willing to help with all sorts of arrangements such as booking bus tickets, looking up directions and even drove us around. The hotel itself is very new and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. We booked a superior double but were given a free upgrade to a better room with a jacuzzi bathtub. The hospitality of the staff really makes this hotel a top-class establishment, from the welcome platter of fruit to arranging a dinner on the rooftop with an excellent view. The staff really go out of their way to make you feel at home.

We had a fantastic stay here and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rachel T
Reviewed 20 December 2011

This is the first time I made a review on any hotel (laziness) despite constantly travelling in Asia for business & pleasure. I feel this review is the least I could do, didn't book in advance, just passed it as we arrived in a taxi from Seam Reap. We were shown different rooms but as it was our first wedding anniversary we chose the presidential suite on 6th floor. Great room with great views of the city (not the best city to view of course). The manager / director was unbelievably helpful, he organized flowers, champagne, massages and food in our room in no time. A great experience and the friendliness of the staff was not limited to just this guy.

Cannot reccome d this this place enough, would certainly stay here if I pass through again. I also have a new years resolution to review other places on our travels.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank S35owl
Reviewed 13 December 2011

We picked up a flyer for this brand new hotel on the boat from Siem Reap and boy am I glad we did. The staff was excellent, our rooms were clean, comfortable, and well appointed, and the bathrooms top-notch and the best I've seen during my two stays in Cambodia. Breakfast is had on an outdoor patio overlooking the city as well as a wonderfully decayed colonial mansion. My room had a balcony overlooking the city and river and it was great to watch the daily parade of orange-robbed monks traverse the blvd. fronting the hotel. It would have been nice if the breakfast buffet had a few more Western style foods as I'm not big on eating Khmer dishes first thing in the morning. They have an omelette chef and toast, but that's it for Western offerings. I plan to return to Battambang soon and I know where I'm going to stay!

Room Tip: There's a club called KO across the street on the hotel's south side which plays loud music...