“Excellent choice”
Review of Battambang Resort

Battambang Resort
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Battambang
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I stayed 7 days in the new modern resort.
The excellent food was very reasonably priced. This meant there was no need to eat out.
All the staff were very helpful and friendly, so much so, the managment (Phary) drove me to the medical centre for an existing eye problem , at no cost to me. I was given very good medical help and at very cheap cost. Phary translated all the way thru. Many thanks.
I will definitely recommend the Battembong Resort to every one and stay there again.
Andy from UK

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed 18 January 2013

I didn't stay in the Hotel, but I came for several days to get away from the hustle and the loud music from the wedding ceremonies next door. The owners and the staff are very friendly. She showed me the organic vegetable garden they have - outstanding for Cambodia. I ate their own brown organic rice and the dishes were very tasty and it is one of the few places where I feel nourished and satisfied as a Vegetarian. If you have the budget to stay here - do so. You can't get it wrong with this place, except that it is some km away frome the center. Just the way I like it.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Shivananda A
Reviewed 17 January 2013

We stayed for a relaxing 4 nights in the garden rooms. The welcome was great and the food was excellent at every choice we made from the menu....ingredients from the garden where possible.

The pool area and gardens are well planned out with loungers to relax on.

One of the strengths here are the staff who are so friendly....you don't feel like a 'number'.

Just a few points to note: prepare yourself it may not be as peaceful as you hoped. Due to rural nature of the resort (more like a boutique hotel) you will most likely be having a lot of 'background' music ie. loud wedding music playing 24/7..... It is wedding season!
We didn't mind...it added to the experience.

Thank you!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I have to say, we just went there for 24 hours, a trip from Phnom Penh to Battambang and back to Phnom Penh, but it was really worth it!! We had the best time, the best food, chilling, swimming!! I honestly never slept so well in any hotel in Cambodia, I visited a lot of hotels in Cambodia the last 5 years, but the bed was awesome. Overall, we had a great time!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights at Battambang Resort. Great room, super pool, very good restaurant. What sets this apart is the hands-on involvement of the owners. Phary is charming and organized our sightseeing and activities in Battambang. She recommended a restaurant in town, but we think that the restaurant at the resort was way better!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I'm not going to repeat too much, as it is all covered in reviews below, however our 3 night stay at this place was special. I am someone who normally stays in cheap, backpacker-style accommodation, so paying this amount (still so cheap) I expected a little more than the normal. And we got that in bucketloads! To begin, the whole set-up is perfect, the rooms, pool area, restaurant and gardens have just had so much time put into them, and are all done with taste and care. Secondly, the owner Jan, Phary, and all the other staff are first class hosts. All the service we've had across Cambodia has been fantastic, but this took it to a new level. The Cambodian staff have fantastic English skills, and they are always there to respond to every one of your needs. The advice and assistance provided by management and the staff was exceptional, and they can organise any trip you require with great tuk-tuk drivers, or just set you off on bikes with a map to find your own way around. The salt water pool is a fantastic place to relax after a morning of touring around. Thirdly, the area itself is gorgeous. No hustle, just a true representation of rural Cambodia. The city itself (just a 15 minute bike ride away), as well as the surrounding country side has a feel of its own, and I'd spend a lot longer there at some time in the future.
Other points of note are that the food in the restaurant is fantastic, with all sorts of tasty dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner (we were also there for NYE and they put on a great little party). Also, although it is a little distance from town, it added to the rural feel, and there is a free tuk-tuk service into town each evening to go and have dinner.
Overall, I've gone and repeated everything in the reviews below, however it was just too great a place to keep quiet about!

Room Tip: Definitely spend a little extra and get a lake room, they are amazing!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I stayed here for two nights with my boyfriend. It was a beautiful romantic place. The room was so big and beautiful, there where little flowers everywhere which brings a smile on your face. It was a very pleasant room to be in and it was super clean.
The restaurant was delicious. They had good choice, the food was good, you can choose out of a lot of cocktails and the staff was helpfull and very friendly. They all speak very good English and some could speak a little Dutch and French.
The swimmingpool looks very good and it is nice to lay there. The swimmingpool had salt water, so that was interesting and different from the other pools i've been to.
It is a very pleasant place to stay and i would definitely recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple