“Our experience at Delux Villa”
Review of Delux Villa

Delux Villa
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Battambang
Melbourne, Australia
“Our experience at Delux Villa”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Partly agree with last review regarding management. The elder gentleman/owner tries a little to hard but his sons are great. On the first day we asked for a Tuk Tuk and the owner jumped in to make the booking but he quoted us double the price, so we avoided getting anything from him again. On the other hand his sons where genuine and priced us accordingly to the going rates. I have no problem in paying a little more at a hotel but not double. They also provided us with fresh chilled fruit and coconut slices for free every time we arrived back from a day out or just laid around the pool along with all the other guests. The bars prices are also reasonable
It's location is only a few blocks out of the centre, 5 minute walk to the market. We had no problems in getting Tuk Tuks within 2 minutes
Rooms very clean and comfortable. Pool is excellent, decent size & clean (i think salt pool). Breakfast was not as much variety as many other hotels e.g no buffet, but you must remember that it is a smaller place and they do provide enough choices and as much as you like.

Room Tip: All rooms face the pool. Some are upstairs and some downstair. If you have a joining room the door i...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I booked this after reading all the rave reviews here on trip but can safely say this has to be the worst place I've stayed out of, currently, 86 reviews.

On the positive side the room was very nice and clean however that is where the positive ends.

We were greeted at the barbed wire covered sliding gate by who I can only describe as a shady bunch of characters, for our entire stay whilst nothing untoward happened I felt very uneasy being around the management and did not trust them at all.

I obviously could be totally wrong on my judgement but there is definitely something not quite right here.

We were told later that evening that 'someone had been waiting at the bus station' to pick us up.
This seemed bizarre as no one had asked how we were arriving or where from, we actually arrived from Kep by taxi.

Another bizarre thing was almost every time you walked through the hotel people appeared from nowhere usually to thrust some item of food at you, the manager/owner didn't seem to like our refusing it so even though we hadn't asked for it we just took it, however never ate it as it usually appeared from behind a wall and how long it had stood there I do not know.

Breakfast, worst ever, the choices are very poor, and the breakfast room is small and dingy.

Each time I asked anything of the management I had the distinct impression derogatory things were being said in Cambodian.

The pool small but quite nice however spoilt by the fact that the cleaners will be mopping around you and chatting away so not exactly a relaxing place to lay.The manager/owner also lays there keeping an eye on things, he seems very distrusting but I feel that says more about him than his clients.

The location is actually out of the centre and to get back you either walk down some very dark seedy back streets or get a tuk tuk. There are no tuk tuks waiting outside the hotel as is normal elsewhere.

The owner/manager seems to have a mistaken idea that hugging male guests is somehow appropriate, I personally have no problem being hugged by a fellow male but when it is done in such a staged and insincere way I find it quite sickening.

The evening before our departure I asked for a tuk tuk to take me to the boat pier, I explained that I wanted to be picked up at 6.00am as I had things I wanted to do before I boarded, the manager told me I didn't need to leave until 6.30am. I asked 5 times before it was agreed that the tuk tuk would arrive at 6.00am however as I feared come 6.00am no tuk tuk.

The manager again tried to get me to have breakfast and tried to tell me that I didn't need to leave until 6.30am, I found this to be abysmal service but typical at the Delux Villa.

If there ever came a time that the management actually listened to their guests simple requests then I would have no problem recommending this establishment however fear after meeting them can only recommend that you avoid this place at all costs.

Please read any of my other reviews most of which range from very good to excellent.

This place is sadly terrible.

Room Tip: Try the Stung Sanke hotel or just about anywhere else.
3 Thank Beaubleep
Emerald Beach, Australia
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Large air conditioned villa with a huge bed. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and the pool a welcome relief from the heat, though I thought the sauna perhaps redundant! Breakfast was included and reasonable, apart from the coffee! The owner even presented us with farewell scarves.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and were happy with the service we received. The pool area is well kept and a lovely place to chill out and relax. Its close to the town centre for bars and restaurants. A must do while in Battambang is the circus and Soksa bike tour.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We ended up in Delux Villas by chance. Originally we booked Phka Villa in Battambang just the day before arriving. When arriving at the Battambang bus station I was surprised to see someone holding a sign with my name on it. We had not told what time we would arrive, but still the hotel managed to get us picked up (excellent service). Upon arrival in Phka Villa it turned out that we were overbooked, and that is how we ended up in Delux Villas. This was definitely not a downgrade.
Delux Villa is a very nice place, with two story villa buildings around the little swimming pool. Located 5 minute walk outside the city centre.
The rooms are decent, beds a little bit hard for European standards, good shower. Only downside is that the villas are very noisy. You hear almost everything that your neighbors next door or above are doing. Breakfast is simple, choice from american, continental, and few other, but always freshly cooked when ordered. Reception very helpful with advice, and also perfect arrangement of a taxi to bring us to the Cambodia - Thailand border.
All in all a nice place.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Arriving from Phnom Pen after a 4.5 hour drive I found it easy to find and at first found that it seemed a little bit unorganised but as time progressed and we stayed three nights the family and staff involved in the running of the property impressed me more and more. The rooms were large and well put together. Very traditional but with a large comfortable bed, good A/C and a great shower. Breakfast which was included was magnificent. The Hotel rented me one of their motorcycles and everybody went the extra mile to make sure that my wife and I enjoyed our stay. One great facility is the pool which is centrally located and is a good size and in great condition. With a bit of direction the property could enter the excellent class.
There is a Sauna which I did not get around to using but it is of a decent size.

Room Tip: Lower Floor beside the pool
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 23 December 2013

A group of 5 of us travelled to Battambang and we chose the Delux Villa to stay for 2 nights. The staff are very friendly, they are happy to help wherever they can. A fruit huge fruit platter was provided on arrival with really nice fruit. The Guesthouse has an intimate feel to it, with all rooms overlooking the pool. The pool is really nice and caters for adults and children. The sun beds and small gazebos around the pool are relaxing and comfortable so you can order from the menu and enjoy a drink or food by the pool in full sun or the shade. The mini bar is affordable with a wide selection, the bed is comfortable, the TV is huge. The restaurant serves the best food in the evening. There is a wide variety to choose from. It is not busy but don't be put off by this the food is excellent. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends