“Excellent!”
Review of Delux Villa

Delux Villa
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Battambang
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and we wish we stayed longer. This is the best hotel in Cambodia we stayed at and we travelled across the country for some time.
First of all, rooms are clean, large and comfortable. The pool is amazing and the food is great and reasonably priced. We celebrated the New Year at this hotel. First of all, prices for a 7-course meal were reasonable plus they bought fireworks for each guest to fire which was great. The best New Year´s Eve we ever had!
The staff, both sons and the older gentlemen, were friendly caring and making sure that guests were OK, nothing pushing.
Tuk-tuks and pick-up cars they ordered had English speaking drivers with good service. Maybe more pricy but the service and background history you get is extremely valuable.
If you happen to be around Battambang, this hotel has it all! ("No ketchup" - insider joke)

There are newer reviews for Delux Villa

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Very simple reason for us to choose this hotel - my partner stayed here the year before and was totally satisfied, and once again this time.

We, a family of 5 stayed for 2 nights in the two bedroom villa suite on the 1st floor with a balcony overlooking the pool. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The hotel was not located right in the town centre, however not far from it with only 5 minutes walk on a dusty road. It had a lovely garden and pool with a tropical setting. Staff were all very friendly. We hired a tuk tuk (not through the hotel) for our exclusive use during the 2 days we were sightseeing in Battambang.

The breakfast was from the menu not a buffet. The baguette in particular was so fresh and crispy. We found the serve was too big especially for children and we all hated wasting food.

What impressed us the most was the personal touch from the hotel owner Mr Lim. My partner just casually mentioned to him that our youngest child was unwell. He immediately instructed the kitchen to cook a big pot of plain congee served with his home made condiments and delivered to our room. He did it again on our request the next day and he didn’t charge us for that. This is the kind of service that you don’t experience in a big impersonal hotel with hundreds of guests. This is what makes this hotel special.

If we have to pick something negative, then it would be the unexpected ant invasion overnight on the food we left on the table.

A must do while in Battambang is 1) a bamboo train ride, just observe what the drivers do when two trains approaching each other on a single track; 2) a visit to the crocodile farm where you can hold baby crocodiles in your hands, and 3) the beautiful view of Battambang from the Phnom Sampeau summit (see photo).

All in all it was a short but very enjoyable stay. We will come back again without hesitation.

Room Tip: All rooms on the 1st floor have a balcony facing the pool. Less noise from the people walking past o...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DownUnder168
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Partly agree with last review regarding management. The elder gentleman/owner tries a little to hard but his sons are great. On the first day we asked for a Tuk Tuk and the owner jumped in to make the booking but he quoted us double the price, so we avoided getting anything from him again. On the other hand his sons where genuine and priced us accordingly to the going rates. I have no problem in paying a little more at a hotel but not double. They also provided us with fresh chilled fruit and coconut slices for free every time we arrived back from a day out or just laid around the pool along with all the other guests. The bars prices are also reasonable
It's location is only a few blocks out of the centre, 5 minute walk to the market. We had no problems in getting Tuk Tuks within 2 minutes
Rooms very clean and comfortable. Pool is excellent, decent size & clean (i think salt pool). Breakfast was not as much variety as many other hotels e.g no buffet, but you must remember that it is a smaller place and they do provide enough choices and as much as you like.

Room Tip: All rooms face the pool. Some are upstairs and some downstair. If you have a joining room the door i...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I booked this after reading all the rave reviews here on trip but can safely say this has to be the worst place I've stayed out of, currently, 86 reviews.

On the positive side the room was very nice and clean however that is where the positive ends.

We were greeted at the barbed wire covered sliding gate by who I can only describe as a shady bunch of characters, for our entire stay whilst nothing untoward happened I felt very uneasy being around the management and did not trust them at all.

I obviously could be totally wrong on my judgement but there is definitely something not quite right here.

We were told later that evening that 'someone had been waiting at the bus station' to pick us up.
This seemed bizarre as no one had asked how we were arriving or where from, we actually arrived from Kep by taxi.

Another bizarre thing was almost every time you walked through the hotel people appeared from nowhere usually to thrust some item of food at you, the manager/owner didn't seem to like our refusing it so even though we hadn't asked for it we just took it, however never ate it as it usually appeared from behind a wall and how long it had stood there I do not know.

Breakfast, worst ever, the choices are very poor, and the breakfast room is small and dingy.

Each time I asked anything of the management I had the distinct impression derogatory things were being said in Cambodian.

The pool small but quite nice however spoilt by the fact that the cleaners will be mopping around you and chatting away so not exactly a relaxing place to lay.The manager/owner also lays there keeping an eye on things, he seems very distrusting but I feel that says more about him than his clients.

The location is actually out of the centre and to get back you either walk down some very dark seedy back streets or get a tuk tuk. There are no tuk tuks waiting outside the hotel as is normal elsewhere.

The owner/manager seems to have a mistaken idea that hugging male guests is somehow appropriate, I personally have no problem being hugged by a fellow male but when it is done in such a staged and insincere way I find it quite sickening.

The evening before our departure I asked for a tuk tuk to take me to the boat pier, I explained that I wanted to be picked up at 6.00am as I had things I wanted to do before I boarded, the manager told me I didn't need to leave until 6.30am. I asked 5 times before it was agreed that the tuk tuk would arrive at 6.00am however as I feared come 6.00am no tuk tuk.

The manager again tried to get me to have breakfast and tried to tell me that I didn't need to leave until 6.30am, I found this to be abysmal service but typical at the Delux Villa.

If there ever came a time that the management actually listened to their guests simple requests then I would have no problem recommending this establishment however fear after meeting them can only recommend that you avoid this place at all costs.

Please read any of my other reviews most of which range from very good to excellent.

This place is sadly terrible.

Room Tip: Try the Stung Sanke hotel or just about anywhere else.
3  Thank Beaubleep
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Large air conditioned villa with a huge bed. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and the pool a welcome relief from the heat, though I thought the sauna perhaps redundant! Breakfast was included and reasonable, apart from the coffee! The owner even presented us with farewell scarves.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and were happy with the service we received. The pool area is well kept and a lovely place to chill out and relax. Its close to the town centre for bars and restaurants. A must do while in Battambang is the circus and Soksa bike tour.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We ended up in Delux Villas by chance. Originally we booked Phka Villa in Battambang just the day before arriving. When arriving at the Battambang bus station I was surprised to see someone holding a sign with my name on it. We had not told what time we would arrive, but still the hotel managed to get us picked up (excellent service). Upon arrival in Phka Villa it turned out that we were overbooked, and that is how we ended up in Delux Villas. This was definitely not a downgrade.
Delux Villa is a very nice place, with two story villa buildings around the little swimming pool. Located 5 minute walk outside the city centre.
The rooms are decent, beds a little bit hard for European standards, good shower. Only downside is that the villas are very noisy. You hear almost everything that your neighbors next door or above are doing. Breakfast is simple, choice from american, continental, and few other, but always freshly cooked when ordered. Reception very helpful with advice, and also perfect arrangement of a taxi to bring us to the Cambodia - Thailand border.
All in all a nice place.