Delux Villa
Star Hotel(Battambang)
King Fy Hotel(Battambang)
VY CHHE Hotel(Battambang)
View Hotel
Classy Hotel & Spa(Battambang)
Hotel Rattanak(Battambang)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe ownersized fridgetuk tukan oasisfruit platterpool area ispoolside roomclean poolrefreshing poolbalcony overlookingclose to townrooms are largenice balconywithin easy walking distancebamboo trainwould definitely stay here againsmall hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 August 2014

So close to town who would have thought youd find this peaceful oasis. We made use of the pool before breakfast, after sweaty walks, midnight dips to refresh, it was heaven, set in lush gardens and restful day beds. Breakfast was huge and kept us going all day . Plenty of sights to see and the hotel tuk tuk driver was lovely. In fact all the staff were lovely and accomodating, they even went and bought us new umbrellas so we didnt get wet.!! Loved walking the narrow streets at night finding exqusite dining and interesting people. I will be going back.

Room Tip: We got a free upgrade to a poolside room, it was fabulous.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We had a lovely time at this hotel where you are treated like friends. A tuk-tuk was at the bus station to pick us up and on arrival the staff could not have been more efficient. We shown to our room, which was huge with a king size bed, fabulous monsoon rain shower, fridge and safe deposit box. Before the staff left us they gave us a platter of fresh fruit - this was repeated every day at breakfast. The breakfasts are huge - far too much for us to eat. We ate once in the restaurant and the food was very well cooked and very reasonably priced.

The pool is huge and there are plenty of sun loungers with enough shade from either the rain or the sun.

The staff, most of whom speak very good English, were so friendly and willing to help. When we came back from town at night, there was always someone on the gate who then walked us back to our room with a torch (even though there was enough light for us to find our way). This was the most helpful group of staff that we have met during our recent travels around SE Asia

The owner is very visible and is obviously very keen to ensure that his guests are comfortable, have everything they need and enjoy their stay. Each afternoon he and his staff brought around plates of desert for guests around the pool or sitting on their verandahs. We had been out one day and there was still a plate of cake for us - amazing.

The wifi is good in the rooms as well as in common areas. It is a short walk to other bars and restaurants.
We couldn't fault this hotel at all and would recommend a stay - we actually stayed an extra night

Room Tip: Any room would be good
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We really enjoyed our time at Delux Villa. The rooms were nice and clean, well serviced and well priced for the level of hotel. There is a lovely pool, and a great big breakfast, but most of all the staff were excellent! They were very informative and always willing to help in whatever way they could.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The hotel is quite new and close to the centre (walking distance). It is very quiet and the pool is very nice. Breakfast is also very good and offers a good choice. Food is also good in the restaurant (we ate once there). Our stay was EXTREMELY quiet: no noise at all in the hotel. We never saw any other guests during our three night stay. The reason was that we were the only customers. So, the hotel was ours! Great feeling but we felt sad for the friendly people who work there.

The rooms are spacey, comfortable and clean. Big fridge to store your drinks. A delicate fruit basket was offered upon arrival. The only minus point was probably the bathroom: good size but the curtain around the shower was not enough to avoid (almost) flooding... Not so cheap, but the same applies to other hotels in town (I am comparing this to Siem Reap).

A fine place to stay. I can only recommend it! Very romantic as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ZowieZiggy
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a month and it was fantastic! The grounds really are as beautiful as they appear in the photos. I stayed in a suite with a king sized bed, huge bathroom with rainfall shower head, mini fridge, and 2 wooden chaises. The bed was softer than some others I've experienced in SE Asia, which was a welcome relief! There was also a vanity and desk, which was a perfect place for my luggage. Each day I was provided with two 500mL bottles of water, and toiletries were restocked as well.

The room was kept very clean-bed was made each day (sheets changed 1-2 times per week due to my long stay), two huge white bath towels, two small white hand towels, and a towel on the floor when exiting the bathroom.

The service was great as well. Khmer treats were provided at the pool bar periodically and the owner was very generous in offering bananas from the trees on the property. The manager, housekeepers, and other staff were friendly and helpful. I felt very safe as there was staff on site 24/7 and there is a gate at the front of the grounds.

The location is an easy walk to the river and "downtown" area with shops and restaurants.

Breakfast is included when you stay here, but be warned that it is huge! The fresh fruit was lovely. The pool is amazing and from what I can tell it was cleaned every single morning. It's a great place to spend the day, and people who aren't staying at Delux can also access the pool for a fee.

The only negatives I can state are:
-the cost is high in comparison to most other hotels/guesthouses in Battambang. That being said, you get what you pay for and to me it was worth it.
-The cost for using the pool for non-guests was not clear. When my friend came to visit she was told by one staff member that it was $5. However, when I asked the manager he told me $3. It would be a good idea to have this posted somewhere.
-There were some ants in the room. Given the location, I don't hold it against them though because they do what they can. And if you're that scared of ants you probably shouldn't go to Cambodia anyways.

Overall, I loved my time at Delux and would stay here again in a heartbeat. If you're looking for a clean, comfortable oasis and don't mind paying a bit extra, this is the place for you!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo