After reading good reviews about Here Be Dragons, I booked a double room for 4 nights (10 dollars per night).
I give three stars because:
-We were picked up from the bus station by DJ, a very friendly tuk-tuk driver.
-The room is quite spacious and clean.
-They have a nice terrace with hammocks.
-They have a security guard at night.
The minus two stars are because:
- They play very loud music till very late （1-3am）, which is great for a bar, but not if the bar is located next to and right below the rooms. We made good use of our earplugs :s
- We thought the owners were not welcoming at all! We were amazed at how the foreign owners were so busy hanging out with each other, ignoring customers. No interest in who you are or simply greeting you when you enter the hotel. It felt more like a incrowd bar, renting out rooms only to earn some extra cash.
If you like to party, I guess this is a great place. If not, there are plenty of friendlier, cheaper and better-located guest houses in Battambang.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Battambang's backpacker hangout, on the banks of the Sangker River. Swap stories with other travellers at our late-night bar over a cheap cocktail or an ice-cold beer. Or, if you just want to relax after the bustle of Bangkok or Siem Reap, kick back in a hammock in our beautiful garden. We serve Khmer and some Western food, and a great Full English breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Here Be Dragons reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.