“Restaurant at Here Be Dragons”
Review of Here Be Dragons

Here Be Dragons
Tonopah, Nevada
“Restaurant at Here Be Dragons”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I like having breakfast here. Early in the morning it's quiet and peaceful, and the garden is lovely, almost a surreal and magical experience. The food's good, and reasonably priced, too. I've tried most of the breakfast choices. My personal favorite is a pancake with fruit and yogurt on top. They also make a nice Khmer breakfast with rice, omelet, and pork, with pickled veggies on the side.

Room Tip: I haven't stayed here. It's a hostel with some private rooms. I hear it's nice.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

I can defenitely recommend this hostel to everyone!

I arrived in battambang per boat only to find out I had a huge nest of fire ants in my Backpack. After failing to remove them all myself they helpen me to kill them all.
Also u get a free drink upon arrivel and the staff in general is so friendly and helpfull. They recommended us the best restaurant in town. Rooms and shared shower are basic but fine. The communal area downstairs is cosy and makes it easy to meet people.

Also there is a tattoo shop on the roofterrace!

U Will not regret it if you stay here. I was so pleased with it all!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Whilst trying to get back to Phnom Penh for a visa appointment the bus company device decided they couldn't be bothered to take me despite booking the day before. They also didn't tell me. The staff here spent a good hour desperately ringing around trying to get me alternate transport and were just amazing. It's a great location in Battambang and will help with getting you to the bat cave, bamboo railway or whatever you want really.

• Stayed February 2014
Da Lat, Vietnam
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We had been meaning to try Here Be Dragons for a meal anyway, and after walking away from the catastrophic service at another nearby restaurant, we headed here for dinner on a Sunday evening. We ordered a number of dishes, the most outstanding of which to me were the spicy lemograss chicken and a papaya salad. The salad was tasty and fresh, extremely generous for the $1.50 price. When the lemongrass chicken dish was listed as spicy, I, a lover of hot food, told our server, one of the owners, that it was okay to pull out all the stops on the spicy train. They did. Well prepared and tasty, I enjoyed this dish very much. As we live in a house in Battambang, I cannot rate Dragons as a place to stay, but as a place to eat, they will be seeing my face again. One server/owner inquired as to whether my wine was okay (It was), another inquired as to whether the chicken was too spicy (It was not), so they obviously take customer service seriously here. All in all, a nice experience, and one I can recommend to others.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rmezoff
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Absolutely nothing wrong with this place! Had an amazing time here.
The staff were amazing and we had a good game of drinking jenga which I'm sure they'll remember the aftermath (magicaroni...)
The dorm was clean and comfy and is everything you need from a backpacker guesthouse including great food and a great happy hour.
Will be back one day for sure!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Friendly team happy to have a laugh and share travelling tips. Spacious functional dorms with enough space on the bottom bunk to sit up and lockers. Good bar & kitchen thats visited by the locals and
tattoo artist. Great lounging area with hammocks and comfy chairs to relax in then plan the next leg of your journey. Short walk from the town, but completely walkable even after visiting the circus and dinner.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff from the minute you walk in, clean dorms, good beer and food. It is a little way from the centre of town but an easy walk. Battambang is a great place to chill out and HBD should definitely be your base.

• Stayed February 2014