“Lovely little restaurant/cafe”

Price range: US$2 - US$6
Cuisines: Cambodian, European
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Local khmer,western and vegetarian cuisine by khmer and french managers. Breakfast from 7.AM. Free Pool table. Come and enjoy tasty food and friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I stayed at the Royal Hotel opposite and spotted this lovely looking place from my balcony. Ended up going there twice for lunch and dinner. Great location, lovely food, friendly staff and laid-back atmosphere make this a real gem.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Cons: no schedule.
In the night before our departure we went there to ask about the breakfast schedule. The owner told us that breakfast starts at 6/6.30 am. In the next morning it was closed. At 8 it was still closed. We waited for more than 1h then we gave up and found a REALLY GOOD place (next to Royal Hotel): Espresso Coffee House. Good food and cheap.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

This restaurant was across from our hotel and looked busy so we tried it for dinner one night. I got Pad Thai which was one of the nicest I've had but we came here again on our last night and I ordered the same because it was so good and it was completely different, different noodles, different veg, different taste which was disappointing but still a good dish. We ate here a few times during our stay and the staff were always friendly and the food always good. The owner was very helpful when we asked if we could get takeaway rolls on our last night for our breakfast/bus journey that left early the next morning. He told us we could order and pay that night and they would open 15mins early the next day so we could collect it fresh before we left. This place was always busy which means you might have to wait awhile for food but it is worth it.

Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

This place was opposite our hotel and we headed there for the 50c beer in happy hour. The staff were lovely, really friendly and chatty without being annoying!
They also serve the best fried spring rolls I have had, and I've had a lot!!!

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Having just arrived in Battambang and being really hungry at 10:30 at night I presumed everything would be shut, when I got to Wood House they were half packed up for the night (most of the chairs and tables were inside and the shutter half down) but they called us in and told us to sit down. When the food arrived we were blown away by the quality, presentation and taste of the food, it was seriously some of the best food I've had in Cambodia (and very reasonably priced).

I SERIOUSLY recommend this place.