“Fantastic larb and mint/lime smoothie”
Review of Ambrosia Cafe

Ambrosia Cafe
Ranked #21 of 124 Restaurants in Battambang
Price range: US$3 - US$5
Cuisines: American, Cambodian, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Description: We offer many varieties of authentic Khmer and Western food, big selection of vegetarian and vegan dishes, smoked meat and tofu, all MSG free. Our coffee is freshly made from fresh coffee beans, smoothies and juices from real fruit. Free: fast Internet, and board games
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This place is very popular with expats living in Battambang. They serve an amazing larb and mint/lime smoothie. The service is really personable and prices really reasonable. It's a must go!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

My partner and I visited the ambrosia cafe after having several less than pleasing dining experiences in Battambang. We were immediately greeted by an American ex pat owner and his khmer wife. This place has an amazing atmosphere with great food and events. We spent hours herev with great company and warm service. Highly recommend this charming cafe. Try the cheesecake and coconut Soup! e

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Ambrosia Cafe is a popular eatery in downtown Battambang run by expat Texan Ian and his Cambodian wife. The menu is an eclectic mixture of western standards like grilled ribs, burgers, fries, pasta; a couple of Tex-Mex dishes, burritos and tacos; and a sampling of Asian/Cambodian fare. Ambrosia’s claim to fame is the desserts, especially the cheesecake.
Wife and I ate there twice. Each time we ordered one dish and shared it. First time we had the ribs and second time the chicken fried rice. The ribs were a zesty treat. Tender meat nearly falling off the bones. The chicken fried rice was somewhat listless for my spicy orientated palate. And unfortunately they had no Tabasco sauce to liven it up. Ian assured me that the next time I dine there, the piquant level will be more to my liking.
The café is a hub of expat activity and a fine place to find out what’s going on around town.
In Greek mythology, ambrosia, was the food of the gods that gave them special powers including immortality. Pretty heady stuff. Well, Ian’s cuisine is pretty darn good, though it ain’t exactly godly. My rule of thumb in gauging most cuisine is: the spicier the better. Five alarm would come close to godly.
One caution: this is not a fast food resto – good food takes time.

1  Thank DiceyEye
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stumbled across this cafe when we were exploring on our bikes. It's bright, clean and laid back. Service was good. Although our food took a very long time to arrive, we were in no rush and really appreciated the owner apologising, keeping us updated, and giving us some discount vouchers for another visit. We ordered western food which did not disappoint. I highly recommend the cheesecake. It's the best dessert I've had since starting my travels. I just wish we had time to return the next day to buy more for our long bus journey. I saw a sign that said on Tuesday evenings they have a movie night available. As many people have already highlighted, the toilet is not in the best of locations, but all in all we would definitely eat here again if we're ever in the vicinity again.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Going to Ambrosia Café under the heavy rain by Tuk Tuk driver recommendation, we did not disappointed at all. The American owner and his Khmer wife are very friendly and his wife can cook very nice food! What superb me is their Mojito! I am also so fall in love with its signature food "Ambrosia Rib"! We spend only 12$ for both of us with meal and drink. Very reasonable :)