Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$45
View deal
PricelineUS$45
eDreamsUS$45
TripadvisorUS$45
StayForLong
Agoda.comUS$45
ZenHotels.com
All reviews bygone era old colonial style the river poster bed vietnamese army art deco rooms are huge boutique hotel first floor superior room pool area lovely pool beautiful hotel two nights restoration tiles furniture
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 June 2020

Staying at La Villa Battambang, made me feel like I was living in the French colonial period. The villa's history itself dates back since 1933. From the way I looked at the hotel features, it keeps most of its original design and features after the renovation to run as a boutique hotel.

If you are an architectural building lover, then you should stay there. The hotel is in Art Deco architectural style plastered in a yellow limewash, which was a trendy style back then when it was built. The villa is set back from the street, overlooking the street and by the Sangker River, in a well-enclosure that gives you enough privacy despite staying inside the city center.

The room that I stayed in is very spacious, and of course, it was a superior room. The furniture have a distinct style. If we turned back the time, that room must have been the master bedroom of the villa owner. It has a large balcony in the front but there is a banyan tree that acts as a natural curtain to block the view of the room from being seen from the street, which I really love to ensure even more privacy.

The nearby attractions at a walking distance include Romcheik5 gallery, Wat Kandal (a setting place for the most beloved literature of Battambang - Pka Sropoun), and a very popular public park for the locals gathering - Samdech Sar Keng Park. A 15 minutes walk to the south, you will reach the former Governor Residence, the famous landmark of Battambang.

Last but not least, I recommend you reserve some time to swim, as it has a really lovely pool at the back of the compound, next to the outer house. It is even greater if your evening is accompanied by lovely dining under the glazed roof patio restaurant, adjoining to the main villa.

Date of stay: June 2020
1  Thank leakhena n
Reviewed 19 June 2020 via mobile

We visited here for a week (traveling from Phnom Penh) and stayed in a Deluxe room. The rooms were spacious and cool with beautiful vintage fixtures. It felt like a home away from home in a bygone era. We were working from the hotel room which was well set up for this with a large desk. The staff were great and tasty breakfast was included with different specials offered each day. The pool area and garden is private and secluded at the rear of the hotel is a relaxing place to chill out. This hotel is pet friendly too which for us made it a perfect option. Would absolutely recommend this looking for a base to explore beautiful Battambang.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lougoldlady
Reviewed 22 May 2020

My family and I went to Battambang for two nights recently and stayed at La Villa - absolutely exquisite property. The two superior rooms were magnificent - HUGE, airy spaces with gorgeous tiled floors, french colonial shutters and high ceilings. Really felt like we were stepping back in time, and the rooms were really calm and peaceful in ambience.

However, I found it strange that the owners didnt bother to enclose the bathroom, not even with a door. Rather, just a curtain. It was fine for me and my partner, but I don't think all people would be okay with this lack of privacy when they're in the bathroom, and it wouldn't take much to enclose the bathroom properly. The other issue we had with the bathrooms was that they had lovely baths (a treat in Cambodia) but no stand up showers - this was a major problem for my mother who has just had knee surgery. I'm sure it would be a problem for older people too.

Overall, as beautiful as the bedrooms were, there were a lot of things that were broken and clearly had just not been maintained at all. The bathroom taps broke, the towel rack fell down when you touched it, the bath plugs were broken, our entire toilet was skew and looked as if it were about to collapse. The balcony had not been swept or cleaned and there was a dirty mop thrown in the corner.

And the service was rather poor too. Our rooms were not cleaned and the beds werent made up, by 4pm.

The food at the restaurant was decent, although rather expensive. Some music in the dining room would have been a nice touch for more atmosphere.

The swimming pool was lovely but the surroundings not that great - felt like they could have done more with the space with more plants.

Overall, this hotel has such potential because of the magnificent building, but is really lacking in attention to detail.

Date of stay: May 2020
Reviewed 1 May 2020

Battambang has many charms and the architectural history of La Villa has definitely added to that. I had a pleasant stay at this hotel with its comfortable bed, aesthetically pleasing design and relaxing pool. The food was also very good too. I will definitely return here when I visit Battambang again.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 12 April 2020

Kindly reception upon arrival. Got a suite room. Very Nice French Indochina style.
Nice Cambodjian dinner indeed, very friendly and helpfully staff our thanks to the whole staff.
Breakfast with lors of fruits. Nice pool. Really a nice place of you stay at Battambang!

Date of stay: March 2020