“Skip it”

Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
“Skip it”
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

After a couple of nights in San Pedro we decided to eat here. A nice cat was sitting at the table next to ours, on my way to the restroom I stumbled upon a dog, way out stepped into a poorly covered large hole in the floor. I ordered the quinoa risotto and here is when pet friendly reaches a whole new level, after two bites I realize something is moving in my plate. Ants. Not just one or two, the plate was full of ANTS. The waiter took the plate away, offered to replace it and took it off the check. Still this is not what you expect of a pricey restaurant anywhere. Save yourself the disappointment, the disgust and money. Much better and cleaner places on Caracoles.

Stanford, California
“Local Scene”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This place was recommended to us by locals. We went twice. The first night our empanadas took forever to come (but it was one of the busiest weekends of the year). However, they were humungous and delicious and totally made up for the wait. Our drinks that night were super tasty. The second time we went was just for drinks and the bar scene. We ended up sharing a big table with lots of locals which was super fun and authentic. Unfortunately, it was late enough that they were out of some of the drinks on the menu. The dancing was great fun. There wasn't really a dance floor, just the space between tables, but pretty much everyone was cycling between sitting and drinking and dancing. It was a fun musical chairs/tables/dance floor that meant you met lots of people. The decor and architecture sets a fun vibe.

• Visited November 2013
TN USA
“Pricey but good”
Reviewed 25 December 2012

Let me start by saying almost everything in San Pedro is a bit pricey but considering how far in e middle of no where you are, it's worth the extra for a bit of comfort. I had the risotto de quinoa and it was delicious! Almost like a heavy soup, plent of vegetable and lots of queso....friends had the pizza and they liked it as well. Try the pisco sours or the crystal cervesa...yum and just perfect after a long day of travel.

• Visited December 2012
Chile
“The "pub"”
Reviewed 24 November 2012

It smees it is the only place where you can dance. I didn't understand if it is forbidden to have parties or places for dancing in San Pedro, but the dance stopped at a moment the police was closer. And the place must be closed by 2 am. I had no drinks but I have the feeling that this is a place for meeting people, having a drink and dancing. Not for eating.

Visited November 2012
Santiago, Chile
“Very kind staff!”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I got sick during my stay in San Pedro, so I came into the Cafe Export for some soup. One of the waiters could tell I wasn't feeling so great, so he asked me what was wrong. After a short talk he brought me a large cup of tea to sip while I waited for my food. "This will help," he said. He came into check on me a couple more times but never charged me for the tea.

Visited June 2012