“Don't do it”
Review of Bendito Desierto

Bendito Desierto
Price range: US$10 - US$45
Cuisines: Latin, Chilean
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
London, United Kingdom
“Don't do it”
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

After a long day of tours and before our 4.30am start for geysers, we decided to try out Bendito for a light meal. We were bitterly disappointed. It was a total tourist trap (I know it's San Pedro). We arrived to a very arrogant waiter who told us that half of the restaurant was closed (the inside part) however what he meant was that it was closed to us but not to other large tourist groups. So we had to sit out in the cold. The venue has live music but it is very much for the gringos. The place basically smelt of a tacky tourist joint with staff that looked down at you. Needless to say we didn't even bother staying for the food and were then meant to feel very awkward for taking a moment to look at the overpriced menu and then chip off. In short there are many other, nicer restaurants in the area that are reasonably priced and have great service.

Visited September 2013

Miami, Florida
“A Fun Dining Experience”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

With an outdoor fireplace going and a mostly solo musician entertaining guest, dining at Bendito can be a fun and enjoyable experience.

I order the all inclusive dinner special that comes with your choice of soup or salad, meat or fish and desert for $7000.00 pesos. A bottle of beer which turns out to be more expensive than excepted adds a nice compliment to my meal.

For my main course I chose the pork with potatoes and I wished the pork was a little more tender although the curry seasoning was nice. The bread and salsa served with the meal was so delicious I ordered seconds.

The “Helado” for desert had an interesting texture, light and not so cold but maybe that is the way ice cream is done here. I hope I enjoy finding out.

With a friendly staff, a great atmosphere and fun entertainment, Bendito is definitely worth being considered for a culinary option in San Pedro de Atacama.

• Visited September 2013
“Loud music and poor food for a high price”
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Absolutely terrible.
The band they had playing instraments were so loud it hurt my ears, there were speakers everywhere so unable to avoid.
The entrada and main were terrible, desert was a safe amd simple serve of ice cream that took about 40 minutes to come out. Couldnt get out quick enough

• Visited August 2013
Curico, Chile
“Nice people, good food”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stopped here on our first night in San Pedro and ordered the mixed quesidillas which were great. It was my partners first experience of llama meat and she loved it. A sudden rain storm caused a power outage for about an hour but the staff were prepared and had candles blazing on our tables in not time. The live music is also very good as well.

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, great service, good atmosphere”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

As it was not within tripadvisor´s top picks I had my doubts at first. The staff was friendly and the place was cozy well maintained. I strongly recommend the llama stew or llama tacos and the mojito with coca leaves.

• Visited May 2013