“Amazing”

US$64.00*
Atacama Salt Flats, Toconao and Altiplanic Lagoons Day Trip
US$90.00*
and up
Atacama Salt Flat Day Trip from San Pedro de Atacama including Los Flamencos...
Melbourne
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

A must see if you are staying in the Atacama Desert. The landscape is incredible and the colours fantastic.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Niteroi, RJ
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“One of the most beautiful scenaries in Atacama!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Arriving at the Salar de Tara is one of the most beautiful views of Atacama. It is a long trip but it is worth it. The only problem is that walking around is not permitted anymore. You have to stay close to the guard house. A shame in such a beautiful place, but necessary for the animals to bread...

Visited March 2014
3 Thank AdrianaBoscov
Sydney
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“Go, it's worth the full day”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My wife and I loved this day out..make no mistake it's a full day.

We went with Cosmo Andino, and a very pleasant day it was indeed

the scenery is spectacular, the rock formations are memorable, the flamingos should you see any at the lake were a bonus, had a long range look at the ALMA site , managed a picture with a telephoto lens.

It's just so different from anything you have ever seen before

Nice touch was the Chilean wine that they produced at lunch time and a great meal.

I remember saying to my wife..we could be here under a clear sky and surrounded by this incredibly beautiful scenery..having a nice glass of wine to go with a nice lunch...or we could have just as easily been back back at work staring at a computer screen.

It's much more expensive than the other tours, but honestly I felt it worth it. Now I've been would I do it again? You bet.

Sadly the chances of ever going back, given where I live, are about 0 :(. But feel privileged to have visited this magical place.

Look if you can spare the money, go; and go with a tour operator who has a good vehicle and offers a decent lunch because it's a long bumpy drive .

BTW no toilets!

My wife was exposed to the joys of nature..ducking behind a rock..but fortunately for me I had alerted her to this before we left home.

Also , it's bloody cold. We went well prepared , so well prepared we were able to offer spare gear to others on our tour who were less prepared.
Take more than you think you need and you'll probably be fine

And make sure that camera battery is fully charged.
Years from today I will relive the moment through those images we took.
It is truly a wonderous place

8 Thank seeker372011
Chicago, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Far exceeded expectations”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We had been to the geysers the day before, so had lower expectations for this tour. It is a two hour trek from St. Pedro, but definitely worth it. We had a private tour with Cielo Norte and our guides Nicole and Marco were fantastic. All along the way they pointed out interesting things. The scenery, and the scale of the landscape are something to see. Rock formations that are incredible, off roading across the dessert, the beautiful colors of the salt flats are worth the trip. Thanks Nicole and Marco for making our trip to the desert a memory that will last a lifetime!

Visited May 2014
Sydney, Australia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Must do”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I recommend Maxim experience, they just made this a magical experience. Best place for photography, chill out and enjoying the nature