“Great location and excellent service”

Lodge Andino Terrantai
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great location and excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

The hotel could not be more perfectly located in the center of town, with easy access to restaurants and shops. The room was decorated in a rustic but comfortable way, with a large bathroom and a glass back wall which opened to a secluded and very pretty patio. The front door to the room faced the very nice pool area.

The staff was very accommodating. On arrival we received a welcome package which included snacks and a knapsack to take them to the area tours, plus welcome free cocktails in the lounge that evening. The open patio area of the lounge was beautiful and comfortable with individual fire pits in small tables for each area.

Bottled water was provided, which is a requirement for any sightseeing into the desert, and large dispensers were available for refilling them. They also provided towels to take on the excursions that involved swimming.

The free breakfast in the morning had a large variety of choices, and the dining room was very comfortable and pretty. But they went as far as providing coffee, tea, and cookies when we had to leave at 4:00 AM for the trip to the Geysers del Tatio. They provided a wake up call right on time, and had the drinks ready before our departure.

All in all, I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Campingmat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

After spending 8 days travelling with a group of friends it was great to do this part of our holiday on our own. We arrived a it early however our room was ready along with a welcome package which included a few snacks and 2 bottles of water which we very much appreciated. The rooms ar not large but they are comfortable. They have a great shower and shower caps that work well. The lounge is very romantic at night when the fireplaces are lit. They also have a welcome picso sour which was very good. We did not make user of the pool though other guests did.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

The Terrantai Andino Lodge is in a perfect location. Right in the middle of town, it offers a quick escape if you want a reprieve from walking around the dusty streets of San Pedro, or just take some time-out by relaxing in their patio area with a Pisco Sour. The hotel décor is beautiful & rustic, in keeping with the regional style. The staff are friendly & helpful and speak adequate English. Despite my limited Spanish, all of my questions were answered perfectly. The bar is open in the afternoon and it’s quite a pleasant area just to hang out or update your trip notes. Check-in is at 3pm. I showed up at 12 noon, but as my room was ready, I didn’t have to wait around. The hotel has a pool which is on the small size, but big enough for adults who just want to cool off. Breakfast is provded every morning in a beautifully setout dining room. A good breakfast is provided with lots on offer. Free wi-fi is also available.

I stayed in one of the standard rooms (Room No. 4) which was nicely decorated with white-washed walls, an amazing timber ceiling and lush bedsheets on the double bed. On my bed was a little welcome hamper plus beautiful chocolates. The bathroom was huge and practical, with a good showerhead provided. Although, I found I couldn’t get hot water one night, out of the three nights I stayed there. One thing I didn’t like about the room was I could hear people talking & using their toilet in the room next to me. There is no space provided in the room to place luggage and I had to leave my backpack on the floor in the main walking route to the front door. Also, there is no bright light available if you need to do any packing at night. There is a window to let in lots of natural light during the day.

I have to mention one thing about booking at this place. I booked online via their website which seemed fairly straightforward. However, a couple of strange things happened after booking. Firstly, a few weeks after making my booking, I received an email from them to confirm I had cancelled my reservation. I had to email them back to ensure my booking was still good, which apparently it was. The second strange thing that happened was I received an email from the ‘hotel’ saying they didn’t have my credit card number because “their system was wrong”. I noted the email wasn’t signed by a person, as was usually the case when I received correspondance from them. I ignored this email, and my credit card was charged by the hotel prior to arriving, as I was expecting it to be. Obviously, the hotel did have my credit card number. I’m not sure what the situation is, but please be aware.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Karen D
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Very nice hotel with a very nice style with a lot of wood and stones. It perfectly fits into the surounding. All the stuff are very freindly and helpful. It is conviniently located in the heart of san pedro, The rooms are not very big but very nicely decorated. In the morning there is a nice selection on the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Concepcion, Chile
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

Excellent locaton. From the outside it's nothing special, but once inside I loved it. The staff is extremely friendly, I have to say that as we're not particularly sociable, but even though they were really kind and gave us very good advice about which places to visit and where to book tours.

It has a little pool and nice areas to sit and just relax. The breakfast is lovely, they include typical Northern foods.

Our room was big enough, nice, perfectly clean and well decorated. I'd happily stay there again.

One tip: if you have some free time (for example the day you leave, as depending on the time you´re leaving, it´s not advised to book tours) just rent a bike for a few hours and cicle towards "La cordillera de la sal". It's cheap, easy to do, you can take as long as you want and the feeling of cicling in the middle of the dessert is just great. // Excelente ubicación. Por fuera no se ve nada especial, pero una vez dentro me encantó. El staff es muy amable y atento, tengo que decirlo ya que nosotros no somos especialmente sociables, sin embargo nos atendieron de manera excelente y nos dieron muy buenas recomendaciones acerca de los lugares a visitar y dónde reservar tours. Tiene una pequeña piscina y areas cerradas y al aire libre para relajarse. El desayuno es muy bueno, incluyen preparaciones típicas del norte de Chile. Nuestra pieza era lo suficientemente grande, muy limpia y bien decorada. Volvería de todas maneras. Un tip: Si tienen tiempo libre, por ejemplo, el día en que viajan de vuelta, arrienden una bicicleta por un par de horas y vayan hacia la cordillera de la sal. Es barato, fácil de hacer, y la sensación de andar en bicicleta entre las montañas desérticas es genial.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Comfortable hotel, staff extremely friendly and willing to help. A bit overpriced, but everything in SPA is - having all the structure in the middle of the desert costs money, that´s the truth. On our last day, we had to check out, but the staff kept our bags and offered the bathrooms in the pool area so we could have a shower before getting our flight at night. The showers were great, they had clean towels, shampoo, eveything. Compared to other hotels in SPA, I think it´s a very good cost-benefit choice.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Pros - central location, good breakfast, friendly staff
Cons - small rooms need refurbishing, lack of services - no assistance for tours, couldnt manage transfers to/from airport or even confirm those for us when we asked them to (reception lady said could not call a mobile number, when i was paying 250 dollars for a night?)
Bottom line is that this hotel is worth $100 to $150 max. So, very over priced like most of the hotels in the city.

Stayed August 2013
Terrantai, Director de Recepción at Lodge Andino Terrantai, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Thanks for your opinion, our hotel is made with special construction standars so the rooms are accomodated in a small place but beside the church and near to a principal street here you can find restaurants tourism agencies handcraft galeries where you can choose your tour the food or wharever you want.

Regards