We have just added Awasi Atacama to our list of peak life experiences. We had the most magnificent 3-night stay, and we loved every minute of it. The lodge itself is beautifully appointed, and our suite was spectacular. The food was fabulous, and the staff attentive in every way.
We especially loved having our own personal guide--Maria Isabel Sagues (Mabel)--who couldn't have been more helpful and thoughtful from the moment we arrived. Mabel talked with us in detail about our abilities and limitations (we are 65-year-old women), helped us tailor our expeditions according to our desires and altitude concerns, guided us down a canyon trek with her strong arms, played lovely music in the vehicle during each outing, engaged us in interesting conversation, and overall created one of the most memorable travel experiences we've had in our 39 years of exotic and unique expeditions together.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury lodge located at the Atacama Desert, Chile. Only property in the region to be an affiliate of Relais & Chateaux. With only 8 ample rooms, we provide tailor made experiences, assigning a private guide and a 4x4 vehicle to each cottage. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Awasi Hotel San Pedro De Atacama
- Awasi San Pedro De Atacama
- Awasi Atacama - Relais & Chateaux San Pedro De Atacama, Chile