My wife and I had wanted to visit the Atacama Desert for some time and had always said we should stay at Awasi and so our expectations were high and we were certainly not disappointed - it all started when we met the charming Director General ( Matias ) in London last year.
He had so much passion for his hotel that you knew it would be good and indeed everything that I asked was catered for - even a tripod for my camera to take photos of the sky at night ( which incidentally was amazing and again Awasi organised a very special trip with a guy called Jorge - we would thoroughly recommend him )
Back to Awasi - it is in San Pedro but is like a luxury haven amongst a very touristy town which I am sure is interesting but there was never a need to go into town as we were fully occupied by our tremendous guide ( Diego ) and his driver ( Christian ) - what a team - our main remit was to see as much as we could but preferably with no tourists - Diego managed to do just that and we had a great time - such an interesting place with such diverse landscapes - quite incredible
As for our room - it was fabulous
As for the hotel staff - all excellent especially Andreas ( who stayed up very late one night to make us a cup of coffee on our return from a night star gazing expedition - he even kept the open fire going for us ) and of course Son ( who managed to reserve my table for our entire stay of 4 nights )
We were very privileged to meet up with Matias and his beautiful wife in Santiago and he was genuinely interested in our stay and whether there were any improvements to make - he has another property in Patagonia which will be a must for us - they are also opening another near Iguazu Falls which I am sure will also be amazing
My last words on this are simply - Atacama is fantastic and the only way to do it is to stay at Awasi - you will not regret it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury lodge located in the Atacama Desert, Chile. Only property in the region to be an affiliate of Relais & Chateaux. With only 10 ample rooms, we provide tailor-made experiences, assigning a private guide and a 4x4 vehicle to each room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your Awasi Atacama - Relais & Chateaux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Awasi Hotel San Pedro De Atacama
- Awasi San Pedro De Atacama
- Awasi Atacama - Relais & Chateaux San Pedro De Atacama, Chile