We loved our Rondavel-style room, especially the outdoor shower (plus indoor shower). Sheets were top quality and we slept very well. The humidifier in the room was a stroke of brilliance, as the air is dry at Awasi's location! The masseuses were a special relaxation treat.
Excursions: Every outing we took was first rate, and we filled up 6 days with activities. The guides are outstanding. They were versatile and talented, for example, they did geology, botany, cooking, first aid, astronomy, and fitness training. Awasi’s policy of hiring energetic young university graduates as guides is excellent. So many times we find that tour guides are tired middle-aged folk of dubious background. So the young, educated and intelligent Awasi guides are a breath of fresh air! Diego and Christian were our guide and driver. I learned that Christian the driver has a Masters degree in art education, and is a painter, so I talked the Awasi manager into organizing a special excursion for me, in which Christian taught a landscape painting class. It was great fun, and I will always keep the painting! If you like the idea of a fun personal painting coach, ask for Christian.
Restaurant: the food was excellent, and the servers were lovely. We especially enjoyed sitting by the roaring fires in the evening and trying Awasi's wide variety of Chilean wines.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury lodge located in the Atacama Desert, Chile. Only property in the region to be an affiliate of Relais & Chateaux. With only 10 ample rooms, we provide tailor-made experiences, assigning a private guide and a 4x4 vehicle to each room. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Awasi Hotel San Pedro De Atacama
- Awasi San Pedro De Atacama
- Awasi Atacama - Relais & Chateaux San Pedro De Atacama, Chile