We indulged and stayed at Tierra Atacama for 5 nights/6 days and it was well worth it!! From the moment you get picked up at the airport, you know you are in good hands. In the van from the airport, the driver immediately offered cold bottles of water. The staff at Tierra Atacama know service and are very professional but most importantly, very friendly. It's not a stuffy resort in any sense even though the resort just excudes an air of luxury (which I attribute to beautiful but tasteful architectural design that really takes into account the local surroundings). We had a room looking out into the dessert and the main volcano. Max sat down with us when we arrived to discuss excursions and everything was planned perfectly. And when we mentioned we wanted to do some hiking and horseback riding, no problem at all, he arranged the schedule to meet our requests. Yes, the rooms are beautifullly designed and furnished, the food is delicious and the pools/hot tubs are the perfect ending to a day out in the desert but it's really the staff that make this place. Really warm, outgoing people who love being there too so it was really wonderful to talk to them. I had one night where I had an upset stomach and I asked if it was possible to get some homemade sopa de pollo (chicken soup) and one of the waitstaff asked for me and came back saying the kitchen could prepare it for dinner that night. Lo and behold, I sat down to dinner and had a warm, comforting bowl of chicken soup that was probably one of the best I've had. The excursion staff (Yasu, Danilo, Nora and Miguel and others) are knowledgeable, friendly and share a lot about the places you're seeing and visiting. I can't say enough about Tierra Atacama and highly recommend it for anybody: families, couples, friends (saw a large group of older ladies enjoying the spa and excellent food). I can't even report anything I'd change. And at the end of your stay if you're struggling on how to tip all of the wonderful staff, they even have that covered. You can ask for an envelope at the reception that has a little card and you can include cash or charge it to your credit card and allows you the ability to either designate tip amounts to specific members of staff or percentages to the groups (drivers, excursion leaders, waitstaff, housekeeping, etc). A very well-run, organized operation that really puts its guests first but makes it effortless and warm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tierra Atacama is a boutique hotel on the edge of San Pedro de Atacama. It was created by the Purcell family, long time owners and operators of hotels, famous in Chile for the excellent food and warm hospitality. Tierra Atacama provides guest experiences that combine outdoor adventure and sports with indoor comforts, hospitality and excellent service. Tierra Atacama’s architecture, interior design and gardens were designed by some of Chile’s leading creative talent. Our objectives were to be as authentic as possible, using furniture and accessories handmade with local materials, while also creating a place that allows guests to relax, spoil themselves and enjoy the good-life in this magical part of the earth. Our ambiance is casual and friendly; we want our guests to be comfortable in our common areas just as if they were in their own homes. Enjoy one of the welcoming private corners of the hotel such as a seat by one of the terrace fire pits, lounge next to the pool or relax on one of the shady outdoor decks. When night falls, take in the brilliant stars, bask in the peace and wonder that is the Atacama Desert. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tierra Atacama Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tierra Atacama Hotel San Pedro De Atacama
- Tierra Atacama Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Tierra Atacama
- Tierra Atacama Hotel & Spa San Pedro De Atacama, Chile