“Pleasantly surprised. A can't-miss activity in Santa Cruz.”
Review of Colchagua Museum

Ranked #1 of 33 things to do in Santa Cruz
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Even though I have visited several dozen museums throughout North America, South America and Europe, I don't really consider myself a museum person. I decided to visit the Colchagua Museum with a friend based on positive feedback I've heard and that we had a few spare hours to kill. It surpassed my expectations so much that I'm actually excited to visit it again in the future. For me personally, this is the most interesting museum I have visited outside of the Smithsonian sites and it kept getting better as I proceeded through the property. Despite the cheesy photos shown here, I definitely recommended to spend 1.5 hours here browsing around.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,150)

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Our local guide made this visit interesting. It is walking distance from the center of Santa Cruz. The artifacts are displayed well.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

I am sure there must be something for everyone at this interesting museum. we particularly enjoyed the section on the mine rescue. Some English sub-titles would be good though as I am sure many visitors would appreciate this.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

This is one of those places where you think you'll only need a couple of hours but once you get inside you are hooked. One room is full of cars, buses... not pictures... real cars, the original models each with their own story. No topic is left untouched and all topics are done thoroughly. Truly outstanding.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

It is exactly like you hope to see complete and very well made with over 6000 and more objects from different time line. Very well made and very interesting! A must see visit!