Chaozhou Baohua Hotel
Hanting Express Chaozhou Xinqiao Road(Chaozhou)(Great Value!)
US$80
TripAdvisor
Chaozhou Hotel(Chaozhou)
Jin Long Hotel(Chaozhou)
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I stayed here by joining the tour for two nights. The location is very good in Chaozhou. The services were average. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, with free LAN cable internet. Everything were in medium average. However, it was poor for breakfast. The foods could not be refilled in time cause only one man was doing the cooking. In most of the times, you could not get fruits. No vegetable salads were available and no good.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Stayed at room 1120 during my stay. It's spacious, with internet access, free two small complimentary bottled water, almost complete toiletries, at least 30 cable channels, safety deposit box, extra comforter, a small ref, all too common Chinese hard mattress.
Needs improvement on the following: 1) position of lavatory is way too low; a bit difficult to bend all the time. Taller people will find this extremely uncomfortable. 2) Selection of food during breakfast is sufficient but they have to replenish them on time. It's not acceptable that we were left with only two to three selections out of about 12 selections. Even the juice dispenser was empty at one point for a long time. And this happened for three days of my five days stay. 3) internet connection needs improvement. Access was intermittent for at least two days. 4) Maintenance has to constantly check any problem in a room. In our case, our wardrobe cabinet doors were misaligned, light switches were confusing, On and off switches were not uniform. 5) Strictly enforce no smoking inside the hotel. Visitors smoke in the lobby, in the breakfast area, in the elevator.
Overall, this hotel is better than the one I previously stayed-in in Chaozhou. The receptionists were attentive, price is not that expensive, and location is not that bad. Just keep in mind that this is not a five-star hotel so lower your expectations.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I travel to Chaozhou twice a year for the last 15 years. The Guest House and Chaozhou hotel are tolerable but this is gross. Dirty and breaking down. Breakfast don't- they do not clean the tables from the people before. Overall Chaozhou seems to be getting worse and it is almost worth staying at Meritus in shantou and driving the 45 minutes

Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank edwardgb
Reviewed 24 May 2012

The hotel looked reasonable on check in... then it went downhill from there. The rooms are large but the beds are as hard as concrete... The air con in the rooms was the major problem. When it's 30+ degrees out and 100% humidity there's no chance of you getting any sleep. This has been a major issue every time we have stayed at this hotel. I'm told the internet is good although for some reason it didn't work at all in my room. We left some luggage with a porter to be delivered to our rooms and then when we got back from dinner and realised it hadn't been delivered I was not happy. We found it on a trolly sitting in the reception area, I asked the guy why it was still there and he said he wasn't sure. I picked it up and carried it all to my room.... nobody even asked me if the bags were mine or asked for id or something... Breakfast is terrible... eel isn't really my thing at 7:30am if you know what I mean. All i can say is that I ate a lot of bananas during my stay. There is a karaoke bar on levels 5-8 of the hotel - they can be load so make sure you're a few levels above. Overall it's a pretty average hotel but there aren't too many options in the area...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank spinspinspin
Reviewed 29 April 2012

This is supposedly the best hotel in Chaozhou, so I have no idea what else to recommend.

The good part was the room was large and the bathroom was very nice with a great rainfall shower.

The bad is that there was a nasty smell on the 11th floor. I almost gagged every time I got out of the elevator. My room was OK until the second night of my stay when the smell seemed like it was seeping in. The bed was Asia standard on comfort...felt like a box spring with sheets on it.

Overall, Choauzhou is kind of gross, so maybe that skewed my review. You can tell the owners are trying to create a 4 - 5 star experience, but it just doesn't cut it. Out of lack of options, I might stay here again, but I will definitely try to limit my Chaozhou visits to one day or less.

Also, there is a fitness center but it had a chain on the door and the front desk told me it is only open from 2pm - 5pm. Who the heck is at their hotel from 2pm - 5pm?

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business