“A comfortable refuge in picturesque Yangshuo”

Jasper International Hotel
Ranked #87 of 479 Hotels in Yangshuo County
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Our stay at the very large Jasper International Hotel was pleasant and uneventful. We were on an organized tour with China Focus and the hotel had been chosen for us by our tour guides. I could find no fault with their choice.

The large room was well furnished and exceptionally neat, clean and comfortable. The bed was suitably hard, an essential requirement for each of us to enjoy a long, sound night’s rest.

The location of the hotel is away from the center of Yangshuo and was fine for us since we were on tour and transportation to various destinations was provided. Since we are rarely in need of nightclub entertainment, a quiet room was highly desirable.

The busy front office staff was friendly, courteous and assisted us in whatever request was made of them. Most of them spoke English well enough for us to make our wishes understood.

We enjoyed a fine “western style” breakfast the next morning, one that consisted of a large array of choices for us.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leonard K

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed here in Oct. 2013 as part of a tour. The room was old, worn and very small. The bath was small and the the shower was very moldy. It's the only hotel we stayed at in China that only had one roll of toilet paper in the bathroom. The hotel is very long so It's quite a hike to the breakfast buffet. They have free Wi-Fi in their lobby but only have 2 oversized hard wood chairs and a hard wood type sofa. Other than a front desk the rest of the lobby was pretty much bare. Not very comfortable for using a computer. I asked the front desk if there was a way to get a soft drink in the lobby while I was on the computer (around 4:00 PM) and was told I'd have to go out and walk up to a convenience store about 1/2 block away and buy one there, which I did. The next morning at checkout I asked if I could exchange some U.S. dollars for Yuan and they told me they didn't know the exchange rate so they couldn't do it. For a hotel that has a large sign in their elevators saying they are 5 star it sure didn't seem like it to me.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank azcruiser2011
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I came to this hotel as part of an organised tour. This hotel is very big. The room was clean and comfortable. There is a bar apparently but I couldn't find it on my own. The breakfast was located in the first part of the hotel (as is the bar so I found out later) which is a bit of a hike if you are in the second section. The pool is huge and clean but again a bit of a mission to get to. There is a small supermarket next to the hotel which will provide you with reasonable priced drinks and necessities, if you don't mind a 10 -15 min walk there is a bigger one a bit further down towards the town.
I wasn't aware of the shuttle bus until I had walked for an hour or so and come back to the hotel. It pays to read the signs available. I would have loved to get back to the market where you get off the river cruise. I hope others don't make the same mistake as me.

Room Tip: If you are going to breakfast probably a room in the first wing.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Chezsmall
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Big hotel, big room, far from famous West Street, but provide free shuttle.
Service is good since Yangshuo is tourist attraction.
Breakfast is no up to standard.
No room wifi as well. Wifi only available at hotel lobby.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2013

This is not the place to stay if you are fancy ! Strong mold smell in the room and the bathroom with disgusting towel... not a clean hotel. A big disappointment for the breakfast variety, specially for fruits. This hotel is locate in the fruit region of China and the breakfast was very poor in fruit.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lucie M
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We travelled to Yangshuo with two teens and stayed at the Jasper Intl Hotel for one night. You can tell that this hotel was once a very big and nice hotel the area. It is huge, spans the entire block. However, on the day of our stay, there were only 4 to 6 other guests. Only the fourth floor was opened, and the rest of the hotel, including restaurants were closed. The hallway was dark and had a very damp, stale, muggy smell. The room was clean, but the bathroom was small and the bed was very firm. The staff is not fluent in English, so there was very little information from them. We were told wifi was available in the lobby, but it was spotty and didn't really work. The hotel is located about a 5 minutes drive from the market, so there is nothing to do within walking distance of the hotel. There's a small market just up the block, and it has everything that you would need. I would recommend the massage service on the other end of the hotel. I tried the foot flexology, which was interesting. Beware of mosquitoes in this town. They ate my sons alive.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mojito_Mo
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Rooms are very ordinary. breakfast buffet was empty because of a big group already present and the hotel was not able to keep the food coming. They broadcast WIFI access in the lobby but it never worked and they didn't make any effort to try and fix the issue.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yangshuo County
Green Lotus Hotel
Green Lotus Hotel
#16 of 479 in Yangshuo County
Longsheng Huamei International Hotel
Longsheng Huamei International H...
#16 of 66 in Longsheng County
Yangshuo Phoenix Pagoda Fonglou Retreat
Yangshuo Phoenix Pagoda Fonglou ...
#5 of 479 in Yangshuo County
#4 of 479 in Yangshuo County
Yangshuo Dongling Resort
Yangshuo Dongling Resort
#15 of 479 in Yangshuo County

Been to Jasper International Hotel? Share your experiences!