11 Youth Hostel
Moondance Boutique Resort(Yangshuo County)
US$73
US$69
Yangshuo Tea Cozy(Yangshuo County)
US$106
US$82
Bamboo House Resort(Yangshuo County)
US$40
US$28
  • Restaurant
Old Manor House Yangshuo(Yangshuo County)
US$90
US$78
  • Restaurant
Hidden Dragon Villa(Yangshuo County)
US$42
US$41
Li River Resort(Yangshuo County)
US$113
US$92
Yangshuo Resort(Yangshuo County)
US$162
US$145
Trip.com
Yangshuo Mountain Retreat(Yangshuo County)
US$50
Agoda.com
Yangshuo Mountain Nest(Yangshuo County)
US$75
US$71
Agoda.com
Banyan Tree Yangshuo(Yangshuo County)
US$348
All reviewsrooftop barspeak good englishair conditioningalleyyangshuo
Reviewed 20 February 2014

The hostel is located in a hidden alley which may be difficult to find at the first time, but you'll soon realize it's in an extremely central location and premium view on the rooftop. Staff is generally welcoming and the owner enjoyed helping other guests.

It's easy to tell whether a room is clean thoroughly when you look what's underneath the bed and I think its cleanliness is good and well kept. Attentions are paid on some small details and I appreciate it.

The bathroom is small with a shower/toilet combo, which may not be preferred by some tourists, but considering the bathroom etiquette of many backpackers, I think a combo only makes the toilet wet but it keeps the place clean and no strange odor. That's what I need more.

It has a quite hard mattress even by the general standard of hostels in China. It's the major drawback they need to address if they target westerners. But overall I enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 January 2014

For my first hostel experience this was a great place! There was about 14 of us crazy American girls going on our first adventure while in China and they couldn't have been more excited! Finding it we were lucky to have someone notice the sign as we wondered down I think West street? But we got there at 4 AM so it was still dark out and the alleyway was a little sketch, but I am so excited to be returning to Yangshuo and will be staying here again, it really is a great friendly environment! (:

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed in a 6 bedroom at the top floor of this hostel. Staff were very friendly and helpful, cost was cheap, free laundry, and the best top floor view in the place.

ROOM
The room I stayed is small but just right for backpackers. Inside are 3 wooden bunk beds with privacy curtains. You get an access card for the bedroom door, and a card slot on every bed area to turn the AC on in your room and use the individual electric sockets. My room was at the top floor, same floor as the laundry area. I would have chosen the lower floors of had the chance. The bed was comfy and my sleep quality was very good.

SHOWER/TOILET
Each floor would have at least 1. There is not designated shower area, and in some reviews would complain about it. But I think it was fine it's good enough for a hostel. There is hot shower, toilet, sink and a few hooks to hang your stuff.

RECEPTION
Reception area is nice! There's a big seating area where you can meet other travelers, a small library, postcards for sale (and they can help you send them), drinks and other necessities for sale, table football and some computers free for use.

WIFI & COMPUTER USE
The free WIFI is just excellent. Very fast I can just easily spend hours using the internet. They have computers to use free of charge and you can access websites blocked in China.

LAUNDRY
The laundry machines are free for you to use. Just have to use your own laundry detergent where you can buy from the reception. Some travelers were confused how to use the machines, maybe it's different from what they are used to. There is a neat printed guide posted in there on how to use the machines, but if you still can't figure it out just ask the staff I'm sure they would be happy to help.

STAFF
Staff were very friendly and helpful with all my questions and requests.
I bought a return bus ticket and found out that I mistakenly bought the wrong ticket schedule.
Asked help from the reception guy and he was so worried and called the bus station to fix it.
The friendliest staff I stayed in all my travels.

TOP FLOOR VIEW
This hostel has the highest point to see the mountains. Went there to take photos of the sunrise. It's a nice view you should not miss that.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JohnRGo
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Got to Yangshuo and took a 4 bed Dorm room for 3 nights.
One of the best hostels we've seen in China!
Clean room, Comfy, cared, hot water, worthy.
Nice lobby and roof top, great place to meet new friends!
The staff were kind and friendly. They know english well.
It wasn't noisy, also you can make laundry for free, rent bicycle and watch movies.
DON'T MISS THIS GREAT HOSTEL! :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

11 Youth was my first experience in a hostel and I admit, they have spoiled me. :)
The staff was very hopeful and spoke good English. The rooms tidy and comfortable.
What makes this hostel better than the rest is the atmosphere. The lobby is a great place to hang out and meet other travelers. They play movies at night and have fuzball. Even with the fun downstairs, the noise doesn't leak upstairs, so you can still get some sleep.
This hostel has all sorts of connections with local tours and are very willing to give you advice about Yangshuo's attractions.
I now compare every hostel with this one, and I have yet to stay in one for this price with this quality!

• Stayed: September 2013