“Pretty stupid restaurant experience”

Pure Lotus Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 119 Restaurants in Yangshuo County
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I thought the food was bland and trying really hard to be exciting. I really didn't care for the whole experience at pure lotus. I've had much better vegetarian food in Beijing for much less money. This place was really expensive especially for how small the servings are.
On the other hand the restaurant is really pretty inside and the staff all had fun brightly died hair (April 2014). It would have been really hard to find unless I hadn't read how hard it is to find. But most things in Beijing were hard for me to find.
I would not recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank JoeandJeri

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We came early and were one of only 3 parties in the restaurant at the time. After waiting 45 min. For some simple dishes, they finally arrived, but in portions much smaller than depicted on the menu. After waiting so long the first time, there was no time to order more, so we left hungry. :(

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We had a guide who wanted to get us to go to another restaurant and had to be quite forceful to get here. As is common in China guides do not believe in maps even when they have no clue where they are and we had a struggle to locate this place. I wish i could remember all the dishes my wife and i tried - we started with i think pear and orange soup and the sweet and tangy flavours mixed extraordinarily well. Vegetarian balls, various veg dishes one of them curried all with unusual but fabulous tastes. I suppose we had been doing some hiking so we might have been hungry but it was a meal to remember.
Perhaps i should add that Yangshuo is not my sort of town with too much traffic with faulty exhausts and little thought given to pedestrianization. Ideally i would have prolonged my stay up a mountain. Finding the Pure Lotus was the best part of our stay in the town.

1  Thank Tom274
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Excellent range of food on offer, the eggplant was especially good, so as the mushroom and tofu (and I don't normally like tofu!) We ate here twice because it was excellent value for money and the food was very tasty. We shared 3 dishes between two and found that was plenty for us. Service was slow the first time we came, we were sat inside by the front window and it is not an area the staff pass by often so had to go looking for them to order dessert or get the bill, wasn't a big deal though. The second time we sat outside and service was very quick.

1  Thank K T
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I ate with my girlfriend and an other couple we mate while tripping. We all ate together from dishes that were in the center of the table. Food was more than ok but the dishes were small.