“Mulan Tours”

Private Day Tour of Yangshuo Xianggong Mountain and Yulong Bamboo Boat
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Mulan Tours”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I hate crowds. I hate group tours. I hate large cities. I enjoy quiet conversations, scenic locations and nature.

Towards the end of my research in the U.S., I discovered Mulan tours – a small, customizable, English and Chinese speaking, tour company located in this region of China. I exchanged emails with Mulan a few times and we set up a private tour of Yangshuo on a specific day.

Jane, our guide for the day, encouraged us to let her know whenever we saw something that interested us and she would stop the car. Try doing that with a busload of people.

Our daylong private tour included a stop for lunch. Jane hesitantly asked if it was ok for her and the driver to join us for lunch or would we prefer they sat at another table. It has always irritated me that quite often tour guides, and especially drivers, are expected to sit alone. I eagerly invited them to join us. It was another chance for me and Jane to inquire about each other’s cultures. Our table was riverside with wonderful views of people on rented bamboo rafts. The most entertaining, was watching a bridal couple, in various changes of outfits, having their wedding photos taken aboard one of these rafts. The lunch was excellent. In fact at the end of the meal, I told Jane to tell the owner that this was the best meal I had yet experienced in China.

After lunch, we walked a short distance through the village to an ancient bridge . Jane said it was more than 1,000 years old - Yulong Bridge To an American whose entire country history is nowhere near that old, a 1,000 year old structure is quite impressive. And it was picturesque.

Visited April 2014

298 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 269 helpful votes
“Historic.”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Saw the bridge as part of a Li River cruise with a bamboo rafting extension. The guide informed us that it is over 600 years old, built in 1412, so whilst it's only a bridge I like it for the historical aspect.

Alaska
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Worth the visit”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I've rode a bike and took a scooter here, both are great ways to get there. Jumping off the bridge is a blast, swimming in the river is very nice on hot summer days and taking a raft on the rive is lots of fun as well! There are also a few places to eat right next to the river, price is much cheaper there than in town and the food is very good!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Tiffany M
New York City, New York
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Lovely”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

A really lovely part of Yangshuo - great fun bamboo rafting here which is a must during your stay in Yangshuo. Its also a beautiful area to cycle around too - authentic old villages, stunning scenery.

Visited April 2014
Hong Kong, China
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Bamboo rafting...most relaxing”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Just strap on those life jackets like they say so and sit back and enjoy.

They take you on a ride for about an hour or so. Once you're into your bamboo seat, they have a Cormorant fishing demonstration, birds fishing,which was mind boggling. As you slowly follow the current down stream, you go over two bumps, about 3feet high. The first one is always scary. You do a loop and they bring you back to the bridge.

Visited January 2014