“A feel of old traditional town”
Review of Xing Ping

Xing Ping
Book In Advance
More Info
US$95.00*
and up
Li River Cruise and Yangshuo Day Tour from Guilin
Reviewed 2 June 2014

If you like a feel of traditional unpolished old town then Xing ping town is a must go destination. Near the town also the jetty for the river cruise which has the most beautiful scenery for the whole of Guilin and it appears on the twenty Chinese Yuan dollar note. The town is also under going some construction upgrading so just be careful with you are walking around

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Great view, cute small village. You can find some good cheap local places to eat but most of them are really touristic and expensive.

1  Thank MMMM84
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We went to Xingping for the afternoon and spent about 1 hour in the town and then rafted to see sunset. It was a terrific day trip from Yangshuo.

1  Thank misopiso88
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We took a walk along the ancient street after our raft ride down the Li River. The street is not particularly long and is similar to others we have seen. Bought some nut snacks from a shop that is making them fresh. We actually went into the kitchen to take some photos and see them making the snacks.. Lots of souvenir shops and a bars here.

1  Thank nellielim
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The bamboo boat tour, if you are wanting a nice peaceful ride down the river, definitely do not go during a Chinese National Holiday. The place is bedlam, I cannot think of a word that really does justice to the Chinese holiday migration, but I think I now know what the Bison migration must have looked like. The scenery is truly spectacular and if you read my review I hope I in no way turn you off visiting, Yangshou is a must see in China, if you have the time I would highly recommend the trip. However we visited during Golden week and as all enterprising tourist operators do they double the prices and are quite happy to rip you off for as much as possible. My recommendation, most of the Hotel operators are supper friendly and helpful (though not all) and will gladly arrange things for you avoiding any "additional" scamming. Prices for most things ramped up at the beginning of the week and started to tapper of again at the end. Be prepared to bargain and hard, not just on tours, 75% of the starting price is not usual when shopping, sometimes more.

1  Thank Gonzieboy