“Excellent guides!”

Black Rock Climbing
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer outdoor sports and activities in Yangshuo, China. You can rock climb, kayak, bike, abseil or zipline with us!
Seattle, Washington
293 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 412 helpful votes
“Excellent guides!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We were in Yangshuo for a month and my 16 year-old son climbed with Black Rock a few times. Great staff and guides. The weather in Yangshuo was very rainy when we were there but they were great about texting when the conditions were safe so that he could go out. I would definitely recommend Black Rock to anyone visiting.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank misopiso88

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Seattle, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent Guides in Yangshuo”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My son and I found Black Rock as he wanted to learn lead climbing while we were in Yangshuo. The owner and his staff are extremely nice and helpful, and arranged a couple of outings with him.

All the equipment was provided. He did several routes with the guide and was never rushed... it didn't feel like we were on a time clock at all which was great. They were also helpful in giving suggestions for places to go and do around Yangshuo as well, which was really nice.

Visited April 2014
Taipei, Taiwan
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“First time”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

When i went to china, I took a train to reach Yangshuo, I paid 400NT dollar, and it took 6 hours to go there. After that we proceed to Black Climbing, to do the rock climbing, the coach was verey good. Although it was my first time to do the rock climbing, when i climb there it is really hard to climb because there is no significant to hold your fingers, you need to find it with your own.But at the end i did it.

The bad thing there is that it was fagging so i cannot see the other side of the mountain.
The guide was good and they really give there best of assistance.

Visited December 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lots of fun for a first-time climber”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We just got back from a trip with blackrock. Our two guides were very cool. One spoke pretty good English and the other spoke ok English.

My friend and I went with five other people in our group. Everyone had climbing experience except me, but that was just fine.

There wasn't a lot of coaching (but we all completed the 5-9 climb, but not the 5-10 climb), but I think we were all doing ok. They also tied all of our knots for us and did all of the anchoring (I would imagine if you wanted to do that it would be fine, but we didn't ask and they did everything for us).

Overall, I was very happy with my first climb and I'm glad I did it with them.

Visited December 2013
Liaocheng
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Climbing with the Black Rock monkeys”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We spent two weeks in Yangshuo and went climbing with 'Black Rock' three times. I have some experience climbing but my partner was a complete beginner. They did a fantastic job of accommodating both of us; we felt safe, supported and challenged. On top of this they are really nice, relaxed and genuine people. We were really sad to leave...so now we're moving there so we can climb all the time!

Visited September 2013