“Great atmosphere and clean beds ”

Monkey Jane's Guesthouse
Ranked #5 of 415 Yangshuo County B&B and Inns
Milan, Italy
“Great atmosphere and clean beds ”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed the hostel, it s huge and I stayed in the new part and it was clean just too mosquitos, a huge problem during the night! Great bar with a delightful view and terrace and beer pong was always nice and the staff quite friendly!!!!!

Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed there with one of my friend during a road trip trhough South China. The staff is not nice, never smiling.
The bathroom aren't very clean.
But the bar at the roof top is very nice though. and the location is very good too. Just don't count on the country of any other hostel in South Chinac!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marine S
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2014

To be honest, if I went back to Yangshuo I wouldn't stay here. Myself and three friends arrived here early in the morning, we checked into our room with great difficulty.

First of all, the members of staff tried to tell us that our visas were out of date. They clearly weren't. When we arrived in our room one of the bunks was covered in vomit. When we asked if it would be cleaned we were told that we would have to wait until the next day because the cleaners had gone home. I had the luck of getting to sleep in the bunk above the 'vom-bed' luckily it didn't smell TOO bad.

The rooms were damp and covered in mould aswell but the staff offered free accomodation to anyone who would paint over it. So our mouldy walls were at least covered in lovely hippy murals.

The hostel is £3 a night, it's a room to stay in and we barely spent any time there. Not even in the much acclaimed rooftop bar. You get what you pay for really.

On the plus side, we had trouble booking a bus home and the staff were nothing but helpful. They phoned around so many bus companies for us and always took care to ask us how our days had been.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Delft, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed 28 December 2013

A great backpacker's atmosphere. Loved the terrace on top of the hostel, with a lot of beer pong :)! The owner, Jane, was great as well! I recommend this hostel. They also do some nice tours. The location of the hostel is pretty good as well, right in the center of Yangshuo.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Melissa-Markesteijn
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed the location, price, & rooftop view. But the room was mildewy & stank. This was a common experience according to others staying there at the same time as I did.

Staff was nothing special. I think the people that really enjoy monkey jane's get a lot out of the tour packages & activities available there. But I would never stay again; there are about 100 other options.

Stayed December 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2013

So much fun staying here. The central spot for this small beautiful village. Has beer pong, poker, family meals and all the staff are wonderful. It is so cheap too, like £2 a night. Incredible! The only place to stay in Yang Shoa

Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The room I had was disgusting. I stayed in a double bunk room on my own. The bottom bunk was very dirty so I took the top bunk, but there was water droplets on the ceiling right above me. Lots of damp in the room. Luckily I didn't get wet. The floor was like kitchen tiling and again, dirty. This room looked like it hadn't been cleaned for a very long time. The only plus point would be that the fan was very powerful and therefore kept the temperature comfortable during the night. I think I got the worst room in the place so I would recommend staying there, just not in the room I had. Right next to the bathroom. Oh, we also had a power cut due to the fuse box outside the hostel catching fire so I had to shower in the dark after a long day out cycling. The rooftop bar is awesome though. Really good backpacker vibe and cheap booze. :)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo