I suppose there are really no better locayions to find. What A View! When arriving by boat Yanshuo seemed so crowded and busy, but once in the Mountain Retreat it was all peace and quiet.
Nice Room, eco friendly touch. The food was good, though not excellent, but at great prices. I did miss a swimming pool a bit, an infinity pool with this view would be amazing, but maybe that wouldn't be so eco friendly ;)
The bicycling was fun, although the bikes were a bit run down and the map from the area wasn't very correct, so we got lost, but still had a nice time.
Some little points about eating at Luna, the food was good, but could be better if you claim to be a real Italian restaurant, pe the 'Melanzana alla parmegiana' wasn't tasting really fresh (actually it tasted like there was a basil pesto from a jar in it). Also the view isn't that good, sure you have the mountains, but in front of that a lot of brick-and-cement buildings. But my advice: put Luna in the scenary of the Mountain Retreat ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Yangshuo Mountain Retreat overlooks the pristine Yulong River and surrounding karst limestone towers in the heart of the Yangshuo countryside. We are one hour from Guilin, just down the road from Impression Liu San Jie and a quick ride to West Street. We are American owned and locally run, established in 2000. Our accommodation, food and staff, not to mention our beautiful surroundings are highly rated by Frommers and other trusted guides. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Yangshuo Mountain Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yangshuo Mountain Retreat Hotel Yangshuo County
- Yangshuo Mountain Retreat County
- Yangshuo Mountain Retreat Hotel County